myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3373

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with those who say most guys who work construction are conservative, sometimes pretty redneck in fact.
How does that fit with the idea that almost all union construction guys are liberals?
Most of the guys in my union are conservatives going back to my grandfathers time.
They spend no time in the back keeping quiet.
Libs have learned not to discuss politics on big construction jobs because they get shouted down.

Union leaders give money to Dems because they believe the Corps we work for have bought the GOP.
Union guys think the GOP will let the Corps run over us to max their profits.
You dont have to be lib to detest the effect of big Corps on politics but most do.
Would you who comment on the opinions of libs or union memebers like to become experts, widely admired for your accuracy on the opinions of liberals?
Ask them. Easy as pie.
hint: dont start by telling them what they think and then arguing with them when they say they dont believe that.

That style of debate is the most usual now and is hurting our country
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2670

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
Additionally you will find liberals self employed as energy healers, aura readers, campaign contribution bundlers, cat groomers, gay prostitutes, male hair stylists, artists, flower arrangers, environmental policy advisers, cat psychologist, etc... you get the picture Rolling Eyes

BB, it sounds like you really know about energy healers, aura readers, contribution bundlers, cat groomers, gay prostitutes, male hair stylists, artists, flower arrangers, policy advisers, cat psychologists.

And you know it all in very specific, intimate detail.

Why is that? Shocked
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3373

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW
Could you explain more about hiding the flag from liberals because you want their money and many refuse to do business with patriotic Americans?

More than half of Americans dont like the flag and their country, including their countrymen who support it?

Would you tell me which country these traitors support?
Are you concerned that they outnumber conservatives, the real patriots in this country, and might overwhelm us and hand our country over to....uh.....?

So you hide your love of country as the only way to survive in a country of evil America hating folks like these?

Man that Talk Radio stuff has spun out into Mars these days.

It might be useful when listening to remember that Americans are widely considered the most patriotic people on earth.
We love our country fiercely and stop all the partisan rancor on a dime when we feel our country needs us.

You can get a new sticker at an artsy fartsy store store run by a liberal now that the danger is over. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reinerehlers



Joined: 25 Jul 2001
Posts: 983

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone here would care less here about someone's bumper stickers or lawn signs that reflect their political affiliation. I often see the military stickers on the cars of military and their family here. Most people here would say they've earned a right to be proud of that. The potential vandalism concerns are non existant here due to our lack of hostile divisive political bigotry.

I have sport related stickers on my work van and my wife's van. I've never worried about theft. In fact, I've often left my van unlocked in the driveway at night because I couldn't be bother to go out and lock it up.

Isobars, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences in the Gorge. My experiences with the people there have always been awesome. I always comment to my wife, after trips there, about just how friendly and happy everyone is. I've even made some friends there along the way. One in particular has taken us on hikes, shared meals, guided us, and even offered up places to set our tents on his property. I go out of my way to talk to people there because I love sharing the stoke of that place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2670

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:

Man that Talk Radio stuff has spun out into Mars these days.

In order to receive TR from Mars, imagine the number of coat-hanger antennae sticking out of his tinfoil hate.

Oops..... I meant "hat."


reinerehlers wrote:

Isobars, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences in the Gorge. My experiences with the people there have always been awesome. I always comment to my wife, after trips there, about just how friendly and happy everyone is. I've even made some friends there along the way. One in particular has taken us on hikes, shared meals, guided us, and even offered up places to set our tents on his property. I go out of my way to talk to people there because I love sharing the stoke of that place.

I wonder........... Is this "Reap what you sow"?
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 1712
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
NW
Could you explain more about hiding the flag from liberals because you want their money and many refuse to do business with patriotic Americans?

More than half of Americans dont like the flag and their country, including their countrymen who support it?

Would you tell me which country these traitors support?
Are you concerned that they outnumber conservatives, the real patriots in this country, and might overwhelm us and hand our country over to....uh.....?

So you hide your love of country as the only way to survive in a country of evil America hating folks like these?

Man that Talk Radio stuff has spun out into Mars these days.

It might be useful when listening to remember that Americans are widely considered the most patriotic people on earth.
We love our country fiercely and stop all the partisan rancor on a dime when we feel our country needs us.

You can get a new sticker at an artsy fartsy store store run by a liberal now that the danger is over. Very Happy

Holy crap!
Your response to my last post is very bajaDean'ish, you got your panties all up in a wad just over me describing my working environment.
Traitors?
Mars?
American hating folks?
Hiding my love of country?
You forgot to add that pic of a scarred slave.

About half of my clients are liberal, I'll work for anybody that is a decent person, but you seem to have a problem with me not willing to drive around w/o wearing my political persuasion on my sleeve.
Do you think I'm alone with that? Hardly.

_________________
I don't drink the 'cool' aid, I drink tequila, it's more honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5820

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt beaglebuddy, you're full of a lot of anxiety about many things. I have to admit that I'm quite surprised that you have so little respect for many self-employed and small business folks out there just trying to make a living for themselves and their families. What makes you think that folks in the construction industry are so interesting and special? You need to open your eyes a bit and develop a bit of tolerance for diversity. That, or move to some rat hole red state where you'll find many more folks like yourself. Ever notice that the best places to live are more liberal and open-minded?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beaglebuddy



Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 698

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I have to admit that I'm quite surprised that you have so little respect for many self-employed and small business folks out there just trying to make a living for themselves

Not sure where you got that? just listing self employed people that are likely to be liberal, that's all. Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beaglebuddy



Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 698

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
i agree with those who say most guys who work construction are conservative, sometimes pretty redneck in fact.
How does that fit with the idea that almost all union construction guys are liberals?

Well those union construction guys are not particularly liberal but it doesn't matter because the democrats have them all joined together in a union and the union speaks for them and the unions are for obama. Their dues are being sent to democrat politicians as campaign contributions and they have no say in it, this is why the democrats want people working for large corporations where they can be unionized. Rolling Eyes
The left is about more power and control over the economy and people's lives so everything can be micro-managed with more regulations and red tape. Having people self employed does not further that cause because self employed people are not controllable, they are not subservient to their union or corporate bosses. Those bosses can not force their workers to vote left but they do tell their workers who they SHOULD vote for and they do speak for their workers and because they control their workers healthcare and retirement pensions and 401K's they are able to help implement policies like obamacare.
The war on the self employed is working quite successfully.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14184

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WSJ economics editor estimates that the ACA-mandated insurance company bailouts incurred by the President's one-year insurance mandate delay will cost taxpayers the better part of one trillion dollars.

It wasn't the cost curve that got bent over; it was taxpayers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 153 of 200

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group