myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW, NW, NW--the holes in your logic are big enough to drive a health care bill through. You either use reasoned discussion and set the example of politeness, or you reap the consequences. You cannot profess to be above the fray if you insult liberals in generals, hate, without specifics, liberal programs as you just posted, and your insults are limited to Obama. You have announced that that is how you argue. This, is nonsense:

Quote:
The point is between us posters here, personal crap, you know? I don't care what anybody says about somebody not posting here like BHO, tea baggers (to use your favorite term), Pelosi, Bush, who cares, that's not direct stuff. I've never said that you have your head up somebody else's ass for instance, have I?
That's what I'm talking about, no reason for personal crap, that's all I'm saying.

The right, including you, posts hateful and insulting things about Obama, misogynistic things about Pelosi, without specific criticisms, time after time. Look at Isos posts for a few. You then expect not to be insulted? Particularly when you post something, as you did for pages, on Benghazi, that is based on right wing liars?

Your choice, I'll respond in kind and raise the ante if I feel it is warranted.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentucky Governor just on CNBC says 50,000 people have signed, CA is doing well as well.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,
No offense but the left does have an issue with borrowing.
I feel shy to repeat my post to pueno because it mis not seem respectful.

The key thing that Cruz wants you to forget is that we are all paying for health care for 30% of Americans. That will remain but at a lower level because they are insisting many of those people pay for all or part of the premium.
Those health costs of others all taxpayers are paying are charged at an enormous markup, sometimes 10,000%
ACA is trying to fix that ripoff.
They are hoping that preventive medicine can make us all healthier too, lowering costs and improving life for all Americans.
Not supporting ACA here, just supporting the truth.

Last edited by keycocker on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno...the Right doesnt have an issue with borrowing. If they did , when they controlled BOTH houses of Congress AND 1600 Penn Ave. they wouldnt have passed Medicare Part D AND doubled the debt, AND cut taxes while fighting a super expensive war. Sorry brah...your logic is now competing with NW.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ask libs and conservatives their own opinions about borrowing and public debt they ALL have a problem with it.
It is pols who want to spend money whether we have it or not.
The GOP always blamed spending on the Dems until they were outed by the events Boggsy helpfully recounted.
As Techno demonstrates, the GOP is back to trying to trick conservatives with that old saw about liberal spending.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900,

Why do I get the impression that you think that there wasn't a problem before the ACA came along? Someone has to pay for the millions of folks that don't have health insurance when they require medical care. Are you conveniently forgetting that? Seemingly, you don't support either the single payer or capitalistic ACA approaches to resolving the existing problem, so how would propose dealing with the millions requiring medical care that can't pay? I'm all ears.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno

You are correct that paying customers are required to make the system work. I am one of those paying customers who has not signed up. Why? Because my insurance does not need to be renewed for 4 months. So, at this time there is no way to judge the number of folks that will be signing. There are plenty of news accounts that discuss the rest of the story...almost daily on public radio here in CO.

CO website does not register sign ups until the payment button is pushed and most of the policies start after the first of the year. Who is gonna charge their credit card now, when they can wait until the end of Dec to do it?

While I am dissatisfied with the rollout of the ACA, I am not as eager to call it a failure until I see the rest of the facts.

I find it ironic that a conservative is touting Medicare and SS as model government programs.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like the uninsured, unhelmeted motorcycle rider that doesn't want the gummint telling him what to do. When he hits a moose, he needs to take responsibility for his own actions...he must accept a slow death by the side of the road as we drive by. Simple. Who needs the ACA?
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
Its like the uninsured, unhelmeted motorcycle rider that doesn't want the gummint telling him what to do. When he hits a moose, he needs to take responsibility for his own actions...he must accept a slow death by the side of the road as we drive by. Simple. Who needs the ACA?

We should be sure the veterinarian is there to provide humanitarian care for the moose, though. That's important.

Unless the moose is dead, of course. Then off to the butcher to make mooseburgers, chops, and steaks. Wink
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW, NW, NW--the holes in your logic are big enough to drive a health care bill through. You either use reasoned discussion and set the example of politeness, or you reap the consequences. You cannot profess to be above the fray if you insult liberals in generals, hate, without specifics, liberal programs as you just posted, and your insults are limited to Obama. You have announced that that is how you argue. This, is nonsense:

Quote:
The point is between us posters here, personal crap, you know? I don't care what anybody says about somebody not posting here like BHO, tea baggers (to use your favorite term), Pelosi, Bush, who cares, that's not direct stuff. I've never said that you have your head up somebody else's ass for instance, have I?
That's what I'm talking about, no reason for personal crap, that's all I'm saying.

The right, including you, posts hateful and insulting things about Obama, misogynistic things about Pelosi, without specific criticisms, time after time. Look at Isos posts for a few. You then expect not to be insulted? Particularly when you post something, as you did for pages, on Benghazi, that is based on right wing liars?

Your choice, I'll respond in kind and raise the ante if I feel it is warranted.

KA-POW!!!!
My mind just blew.
You still don't get it, you can rag on Bush, Cruz, FNC, Palin, Krauthammer, any of those people all you want, you can call them any name you want, as you have done, so what, I don't really care on a personal level.
But apply those same name calling and degradations to other posters here, then I have a problem with that.
I can't think of a better way to word it, sorry about my wordsmithing, but that's what I mean and nothing else.
So feel free to slander the conservative political figures all you want, I will not take it personally. And at the same time, I will do the same, and you shouldn't take it personally as well.
Just to be clear, you're not related to BHO are you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 126 of 201

Jump to: