myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So you guys are ok with government funds being spent to influence elections? Cheat on healthcare apps? Lying about wages, health, and employment status. And even worse calling funding left wing organizations who are using the money not to help the needy and uninsured, but to make political points in a crony capitalist system?"

I have to ask, where did I say anything at all suggesting what you're saying? Did you really watch that video link that you posted? It was pretty clear to me that it was a crafted hit piece using black folks and presenting them in a negative light. The biased racial overtones were so obvious, but maybe you missed that.

Why don't you re-read my prior post. If you were really worried about folks cheating the system, one only needs to look at what goes on every year when individuals and corporations with the real money use their tax accountants and CPAs to craft their tax positions. All one needs to do is look at a guy like Mitt Romney to see that he's really not paying his fair share. Even when running for the presidency, he preferred to keep the majority of his income and taxes secret. Wasn't he the guy you voted for to lead the nation?
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Providing opinions for other people is the key to tearing down our political discourse and hurts our country.
Talk contains little else so those who listen to it pick up anti American habits.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just under one million people have successfully navigated the federal Obamacare website. Fewer than 27,000 ... <3% ... signed up.

Source: the administration.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why the National Urban League is acting as Navigators for Obama care? Wanted felons? Illegal aliens? Just wondering how this is going to get us better healthcare..
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about contacting them to find out why? You know, it doesn't seem that unusual to me that a non-profit organization would come to aid those folks that they represent. But to you, there has to be something nefarious going on. Why is it that angry white folks have a problem with a black organization helping their constituents? Add in the illusion of illegal aliens weaseling in to get ACA coverage at on the government dime, and you're really tripping out in a weird fantasy nightmare.

Bard, you need to come up for some air. Too much right wing nonsense can really spin your head.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I hear that the John Birch Society is acting as an Obama care Navigator, I'll agree with you that it's just coincidental.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bard, do you think that the Republican party, or any of the myriad of tea party non-profit organizations, are interested in participating in the process of signing up black folks for a comprehensive health plan in compliance with the ACA?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote:
Just under one million people have successfully navigated the federal Obamacare website. Fewer than 27,000 ... <3% ... signed up.

That's been updated. 27,000 people selected a plan. Not bought, not paid for ... just selected. i.e., they merely put a plan in their cart.

How often do any of us actually buy stuff we put in our cart, especially when a new Toyota Camry or Subaru BRZ is cheaper? Lessee ... late 20s, healthy, living in Mom's basement, working a menial job because he got a degree in basket weaving, and has to choose between a car and mental health and maternity insurance ...

No wonder even non-vulnerable Democrat senators are jumping the rapidly sinking U.S.S. Obamacare.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I wrote:

That's been updated. 27,000 people selected a plan. Not bought, not paid for ... just selected. i.e., they merely put a plan in their cart.

How often do any of us actually buy stuff we put in our cart, especially when a new Toyota Camry or Subaru BRZ is cheaper? Lessee ... late 20s, healthy, living in Mom's basement, working a menial job because he got a degree in basket weaving, and has to choose between a car and mental health and maternity insurance ...

No wonder even non-vulnerable Democrat senators are jumping the rapidly sinking U.S.S. Obamacare.

Mike, I should think that with your engineering background you would understand that system roll outs rarely go glitch free and the bigger the system the more glitches there are. In all fairness we really need to evaluate this again a year from now. Yes they had 3 years to develop the thing but the developers are claiming that management made last minute changes to the requirements - this can and will screw things up. Remember Murphy's Law.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're almost an hour into the greatest windbag in Whitehouse history announcing his simple plan to fix the Obamacare rollout problems, and his most specific plan yet is to "do everything in my power to fix it" ... apparently by "chipping away at it".

This man, and anyone's support for him OR his policies, never ceases to astound me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 122 of 201

Jump to: