myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How high can you jump?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakethesnake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: How high can you jump? Reply with quote

Every want to know exactly how high you can jump? Have an Iphone or Ipod Touch? Check out our Kickstarter page on a product we developed that is call the Xensr Case. Now you can claim real numbers to your buddies!! And you can even have mini comps between you and your friends, all live broadcasted to the web! Not only can you tell how high you jump, but also any other stat your looking for, speed, g-load and it all keeps track of your sessions and highlights the stats your looking for!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/840314684/xensrcasetm-3d-sports-tracking-for-iphone-and-ipod

4_3_aspect_ratio.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.43 KB
 Viewed:  25249 Time(s)

4_3_aspect_ratio.jpg

dllee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb idea.
Nobody get's filmed on their highest jumps.
Who has enough buds to sit around all day filming and taking pics.
Going for high jumps all the time leads to injuries. See ChrisChang and WilliamRiedel.
jakethesnake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Dumb idea.
Nobody get's filmed on their highest jumps.
Who has enough buds to sit around all day filming and taking pics.
Going for high jumps all the time leads to injuries. See ChrisChang and WilliamRiedel.

All you need is a POV camera mounted on your gear along with our case and your stats will be embedded onto your video, so no need for your buds to film you, just go sail. And if you don't like to jump, no worries, see how fast you can go, track your course, or what ever relevant stat your looking for with pinpoint accuracy.
Bayside

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool if it works as advertized - any idea how much it will sell for? (of course the downside is the jumps that in your imagination are ar least 15' above the water will turn out to be only about 4')
spennie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think zirtaeb needs to get laid.
girsang

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. I don't think zirtaeb read the Kickstarter page.

I'd contribute for an Android version. I have the S3. You could get around the fragmentation problem by having a USB version. Perhaps a waterproof case with the USB plug on the inside.

Anyway, good luck.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you guys who responded have sailed consistent high winds with big jumps from the windswell, or gone wave sailing in sideshore winds.
The LAST thing anyone who sails high winds and swell wants is to log his highest jumps. Anyone can jump high and clear his fin over 15' high, if he uses a fast board, is powered.
The problem is HOW LONG can he keep this up? We know it's hard to stick the landings in jumps over 15', even tail first. And the few you land wrong, around 10', are gonna be the ones that break your board, your ankles, or your knees.
To advocate this GoPro idea for jumps is just wishful thinking from those of you who don't sail in high winds and swell.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and oh yea, sure, who doesn't?
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Maui everything Beatriz said goes double. No one I know is focusing on big air except a few visitors, who often get hurt.
Goya told me the same at AWT. His back is better, but no more double loops.
I did it in Belize a lot. When I first went up a modest logo high face at speed here in sideshore winds I got some serious air without thinking. Ate the boom on the "landing" .
Earned me a fast ride to Maui Memorial Hospital.Lotta blood.
I see pros trying to loop go big but when they are just jumping they keep it low. The rule to live by or not die by- don't jump any higher than you care to fall.
girsang

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Read completely before criticizing Reply with quote

Just read the Kickstarter page and not just the title of this post.

The device is not just about how high you can jump. It also gives more accurate position than GPS, speed of rotation, etc. Is it a practical device for windsurfing enjoyment, probably not. But there's plenty of people that would geek out on that kind of information.

BTW, I sail in high winds and swell. I've jumped higher than that and I sometimes don't stick the landings and I've broken plenty of gear doing it. But I'm having fun with negligible injuries.

For the record, I have no connection with the makers of this thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: