myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Time to gloat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deal.........but only if you've finished your homework!!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, maybe it has changed now, but a quarter of a century ago, the Dalles used to be a good place for relative beginners. That's what I was in those days. I learned to waterstart at the Dalles. It's amazing how the sight of a massive, unstoppable barge heading for you, combined with a river current sweeping you towards a dam, focuses the mind! It's also amazing that a technique that I had personally struggled with for a while, suddenly becomes so simple after having completed it just one time.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
I think maturity also involves the acceptance of the views and opinions of others without responding in a condescending manner to those views you may not agree with.

Thank you. I'll be sure to check your exchanges with BajaDean for guidance.

LOL! I knew that was coming.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Incidentally, maybe it has changed now, but a quarter of a century ago, the Dalles used to be a good place for relative beginners. That's what I was in those days. I learned to waterstart at the Dalles. It's amazing how the sight of a massive, unstoppable barge heading for you, combined with a river current sweeping you towards a dam, focuses the mind! It's also amazing that a technique that I had personally struggled with for a while, suddenly becomes so simple after having completed it just one time.

I worked for Gorge Windsurfing in The Dalles for a few summers in the early 1990's. Ryan Rooper was the owner. I worked in the shop, taught windsurfing and rented out gear at the River Front Park. We taught lots of students there. It sounds like you were visiting around the same time that I was employed there.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR
When our youngest students want to defend their lack of maturity they point out that RR did it or some variation.

This helps us know who is the least mature, so we never let such remarks go unpunished as a behavior issue.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, figure I earned that one.

Hate sailing at the Dalles almost as much as Celilo and it's jack hammer conditions. Sailed Celilo years ago on a nuke day, it's the only place I jumped while not moving, and where my knees and ankles hurt post session.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
LOL! I knew that was coming.

Sorry, couldn't resist! In your defense, Boggsy and BD are not remotely in the same league. I worked for years with many Canadians from both the West and the East. Liked them all and still have a number of life long Canadian friends. Banff, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Whistler........now those are mountains! Once skied all day in frigid conditions at Sunshine with my rental boots on the wrong feet! My feet were so cold I didn't notice!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Mr Gybe...I certainly wear my immature label with pride, however, the boasting label is one I will call you out on. And I'm not sure I would advertise wearing ski boots on the wrong feet, its not consistent with your "worlds most interesting man " moniker.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
I worked for Gorge Windsurfing in The Dalles for a few summers in the early 1990's. Ryan Rooper was the owner. I worked in the shop, taught windsurfing and rented out gear at the River Front Park. We taught lots of students there. It sounds like you were visiting around the same time that I was employed there.

I think that's who I rented from........and it would have been around that time. I didn't learn to windsurf until my late 30s, but once I started I was hooked. The Dalles was a relatively unthreatening spot to practice and was only a few minutes from the place we stayed.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Now Mr Gybe...I certainly wear my immature label with pride, however, the boasting label is one I will call you out on. And I'm not sure I would advertise wearing ski boots on the wrong feet, its not consistent with your "worlds most interesting man " moniker.

Au contraire mon brave. How many other people do you know that have done that? Skiing with boots on the appropriate feet is just too mundane!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 16 of 21

Jump to: