myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Time to gloat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, I'm sure you have many fine qualities. Maturity doesn't seem to be among them. You start this dialogue with "the place I live is better than where the rest of you live, so there". You follow up by erroneously stating "you're a windsurfer and you haven't even sailed the Gorge", and now you call me a liar? The last time I sailed the Gorge was more than 25 years ago. Stayed with my kids and wife in the basement of a B&B in the Dalles. Sailed at the Dalles and at Hood River because I was relatively new to the sport and that's where the rental shops were. I never considered sailing the Gorge, or any of the many other windsurfing trips I have taken, as something to boast about, or that gave me "credentials". They were just vacations. There are a number of things I have achieved of which I am proud of. Buying a plane ticket and renting windsurfing gear is not among them. You may have made your first mill in your early 30s, but wisdom seems to be a distant goal for you.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the architects of Obamacare admits how stupid the American people are and what a fraud the law is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI#t=35
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
RR... I know you're a gorge vet, it's my British buddies Gorge credentials I question.

I wouldn't say "vet", only been a couple times.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Boggsy, I'm sure you have many fine qualities. Maturity doesn't seem to be among them. You start this dialogue with "the place I live is better than where the rest of you live, so there". You follow up by erroneously stating "you're a windsurfer and you haven't even sailed the Gorge", and now you call me a liar? The last time I sailed the Gorge was more than 25 years ago. Stayed with my kids and wife in the basement of a B&B in the Dalles. Sailed at the Dalles and at Hood River because I was relatively new to the sport and that's where the rental shops were. I never considered sailing the Gorge, or any of the many other windsurfing trips I have taken, as something to boast about, or that gave me "credentials". They were just vacations. There are a number of things I have achieved of which I am proud of. Buying a plane ticket and renting windsurfing gear is not among them. You may have made your first mill in your early 30s, but wisdom seems to be a distant goal for you.

I think maturity also involves the acceptance of the views and opinions of others without responding in a condescending manner to those views you may not agree with.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
One of the architects of Obamacare admits how stupid the American people are and what a fraud the law is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI#t=35

Your snipe takes his words out of context, of course.

He also said, "I'd rather have this law than not."

boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed the Dalles? Curious.. Mr Gybe ... You continually mock my lack of worldliness..."don't travel much". Etc, therefore I go into the gutter with you..
I tell you what , you stop mocking , and I'll raise my maturity level to match my 48 years?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
mrgybe wrote:

I think maturity also involves the acceptance of the views and opinions of others without responding in a condescending manner to those views you may not agree with.

Precisely
That's why I only reserve my dumb and dumber side for a special few on this site .
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Sailed the Dalles? Curious......

......and still you infer I'm a liar. Falsely calling someone a liar is not a "view". A more mature response would have been to apologize. Give it time.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:

Thank you. I'll be sure to check your exchanges with BajaDean for guidance.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Sailed the Dalles? Curious......

......and still you infer I'm a liar. Falsely calling someone a liar is not a "view". A more mature response would have been to apologize. Give it time.

I tell you what....Why dont we meet at 6th street , my favorite joint(also an RR fav), after a day at the Hatch, and I'll buy you a brewski..and I'll apologize for my immaturity. Deal? I think you are overdue for your 6th trip to the Gorge, sounds like its been a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21

Jump to: