myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sails for kids and Old gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CFLPaul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDawg wrote:
That looks really awkward. Very high clew and sloppy boom fitting. It will make it hard for your son to control the rig.

A newer 2000 era 3.0-4.0 wave would be better. I extended the cut out another 3-4 in. on the 3.0 my son used so the boom was lower.

Agreed......I've got a little work to do on this until I can get a brand new used rig. The head on my boom has really deteriorated too so there is very little life left in that. The boom that came with his purchase is stuck and I will be doing my best to make it adjustable too. He and I were just happy to be out there.
UrbanFisher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLFPaul...that's awesome!!! Sure it's not perfect and I'm sure there is some tinkering to do...but at least you guys are out and enjoying the sport!! To me, sailing with marginal gear is better than not sailing at all (within safe water and conditions of course)! All you guys are doing is learning and improving your skills so you can make better decisions as you update to better gear!
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CFLPaul,

I have a 1991 Windwing 3.5 that is in excellent condition. Although it's better than 20 years old, it still a much more current design than the North you pictured. I would be willing to give it to you if you will cover the shipping. Given the fact that I live in California, I would guess that shipping would run in the range of $30-40. I could dig it out and take a photo of it to give you a better idea of its design and condition. PM me if you're interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: