myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Just Dreaming?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just row, I'm 62 and WSing in the waves exclusively, each off season I have to work at it a bit more than the year before. But I just row.
I have a Bowflex XTI, about 6-8 years old that has a great rowing configuration option, that is what I use. To me rowing is a full body workout, it hits all the muscle groups that I use in windsurfing, haven't found anything that is more all around for me. It's all low impact for my old knees and shoulders, and it keeps them flexible and tight. The older you get, the tighter you want to keep your joints, sloppyness in the joints will lead to injury. Muscle tone will help prevent that.
Rowing with a good video or great music is actually an escape.
SU paddling is also good if you can fit it in your schedule, but that requires nice conditions, I like that as well, but you can row anytime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: