myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where is everyone going Friday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchaco1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Where is everyone going Friday? Reply with quote

It looks windy, mostly sunny and a reasonable temp out east of HR friday... where is everyone going to be? I want to make the most of it Very Happy
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Where is everyone going Friday? Reply with quote

mchaco1 wrote:
where is everyone going to be?

First, the gym for a whole body strength workout.
Next, home for breakfast.
Then maybe a movie, if something worthwhile comes on.
Thanks for asking; I appreciate the interest.

Oh, were you suggesting going sailing? Not me, dude. The water's still barefootable, but my hands don't do air temps in the low 40s. My season's done. I won't even look at another wind forecast until the air gets back over 50 and the water into the upper 40s next spring, and the wind quality vastly superior to that of most winter frontal westerlies. I got over winter water sports years ago. (This particular blast does look a little more sustained than many recent fronts, which barely lasted long enough to get dressed and rigged before the wind backed off; enjoy.)
hilton08

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure there will be more Gorge people skipping work on Friday to ski powder at Meadows than to go windsurfing. But you might find one or two people to sail with if you are lucky.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still waiting for the night pass to start Laughing I figure there will probably be a decent number
mchaco1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the hatch today, the wind backed off the minute I hit the water of course..but I did get to move around for a bit Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the gym today, moved around a LOT, pushed virtually every fast and slow twitch muscle in my whole body to total concentric and eccentric failure in about 12 minutes altogether including warmup, all in a nice 65 degree environment. The only "rigging" was lacing my shoes, which I did in my den before stepping outside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: