myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Petraeus resigns
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Petraeus resigns Reply with quote

But what isn't he telling us?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CIA Director Petraeus Resigns, Cites Extramarital Affair
Friday, Nov 9, 2012 | Updated 3:17 PM EST

Central Intelligence Agency Director David Petraeus has resigned, citing "extremely poor judgment" for having an extramarital affair, NBC News reported. "Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position," Petraeus said in a letter to CIA colleagues. "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."
"This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation," Petraeus said in the letter.
Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a long time CIA officer, will likely be offered the job as acting director, multiple sources told NBC News.
Here is the letter in full:

Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.
As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.
Teddy Roosevelt once observed that life's greatest gift is the opportunity to work hard at work worth doing. I will always treasure my opportunity to have done that with you and I will always regret the circumstances that brought that work with you to an end.
Thank you for your extraordinary service to our country, and best wishes for continued success in the important endeavors that lie ahead for our country and our Agency.
With admiration and appreciation,

David H. Petraeus
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/NATL-CIA-Director-Petraeus-Resigns-Cites-Extra-Marital-Affair-178159541.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There will be others, Clinton, Holder, Geithner, and more.
I know, lots of people always resign between terms, but it will be interesting to see who and why.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panetta is out, to be replaced with a Yes-man who won't admit to the world that sequestration cuts will be disastrous to national -- i.e., YOUR AND MY AND THE FREE WORLD'S -- security.

Clinton is out, with John "Europe is my role model" Kerry as the leading replacement likelihood.

Geithner has offered to stay for a few months, until the economy picks up.
(BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAH).

I called my gold dealer today to set up a Roth Precious Metals IRA. They're swamped, with some clients putting every cent they own into gold ... a clear vote of no confidence.

The market is declining significantly, reflecting the world's disapproval of four years with this empty suit in office.

Layoffs are already in the tens of thousand just since the election, most of them explicitly attributed to the regulatory costs of Obamacare.

Can you say "sinking ship"?

Run for the hills, guys. Your rock star won, and your country is falling apart as a result.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
your country

Mine? What country do you live in?

pueno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Run for the hills, guys... ...your country is falling apart...

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too funny. I guess the guys that wanted their country back have given up and now it is ours:

Quote:
your country is falling apart as a result

I wonder if Greece has anything to do with what is going on? I wonder if the Tea party voted to set up the current cliff? I was kind of hoping Mikey would just explode and shut up.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you say Greece, but why, do you have that on your mind?

keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious if NW thinks the GOP has anything to do with the divided gov., gridlock, or tne fiscal cliff
The decisions made by the GOP to establish those conditions entirely represent you and your family?
Or is it all obamas fault?
I blame them both, but I care little for the Democractic Party.
I am mad at those who pretend to represent conservatives and instead delivered this mess. The GOP represent you in this matter and you are proud of their great handling of this?
You vote back in your Congressman like everyone else?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Did you say Greece

Or Grease, as in the boiling hot variety. If the "Aftershock" guys are right, Romney couldn't prevent it, but Democrats absolutely can and will worsen it for the fundamental reason that their solution is to cut the pie into smaller pieces and print more play money rather than bake a bigger pie and create more actual value.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--you certainly have more stones than knowledge. Let me go through it slowly so you can pick it up. The current European crisis, driving much of the risk to the world economy, is the result of turmoil in Greece, as they vote on austerity measures. Spain is not far behind. Your inference was that the US debt is comparable to that of Greece. Only someone that only watches Fox and gets steadily less informed could think that. But you obviously have a computer, so I will leave it to you to google the debt to GPD ratios of the two countries and maybe learn something in the process.

There is a hot debate among responsible economists as to whether or not austerity measures are a cure that is worse than the disease. No doubt that Greece was careless and corrupt, and little doubt that had they not been in the European union they could have simply devalued their currency with less damage both to their internal population and the world economy. Then there is the important question as to whether or not the debtor nations will have the political will to adopt austerity measures, the intelligence to choose the best ones, and the fortune to not have it result in the collapse of a government and even more economic damage.

It is not so clear to me whether Spain and Ireland have been as careless as Greece, but in all of these cases the increased unemployment from the austerity measures has deepened the recession. Read a little, particularly dissenting viewpoints--complicated things become a little clearer and you can venture an opinion that might be based on something. You might also read a little about turmoil in China, and the shrinking growth rate of their economy and rising protests about corruption.

Alternatively, you can continue to watch Fox, suffer from RDD, and mutter inconsequential non sequitors like "lemmings", and "civil disobedience." It is not likely that your credibility would fall any further.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget who baked the pie you're slicing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: