myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Benghazi-gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC--since I know Jan Stevens, the ambassador's father, this one hit close to home. I was prepared to be very unhappy with Obama and/or Clinton. So I read the transcript of the security guy's testimony before the Congressional Committee. He had asked for more staff and had not gotten it, and had more credibility than the liars that populate Fox and the lunatic right on this forum. Because of the CIA operation, Benghazi was crawling with armed US folks. It didn't help. It matters nothing where Hillary or Barack were--it was a successful attack on a US Embassy that was over before people could have been scrambled from the CIA house--much less anywhere else.

Losing a child breaks your heart in so many ways. I have watched Issa summon up fake outrage and go into his talking points--which are meaningless. The moral vacuity of those who try to make political hay out of this, and lie to do so, is just appalling.

So consumed with hatred that they will say anything. Very sad what has happened to patriotism in this country.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
People died; Obama lied.
But where's the outrage from the Left?

Bush lied; People died.

See the distinction?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrKUoIQliS8#t=242

MSNBC finally gets Benghazi right....Why don't you Mac?
nw30

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find interesting is the aggressive defense that almost every lib here has to chime in on, whenever one of us few conservatives bring up something involving this subject. I go back thru the pages and it's like a 2/3rds response to a 1/3 post, if not more. Yikes! Hitting a nerve, maybe?

If not, why the predictable overwhelming defensive posture that always seems to happen? I find that telling in itself.
Keep bringing on your excuses, they are piling up pretty high.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about Joe Scarborough is that he's a loud mouth Republican jerk. How many times did he say, in effect, that so and so lied. Over and over with all this trumped up anxiety. What a bunch of crap. Like I said earlier, bad theater.

Seemingly Bard, you and NW30 are buying all the staged nonsense. Nothing is going to change what happened. Reading all these questionable tea leaves and seeing a huge cover-up is just overblown Republican hysterics meant to sell their anti-Obama agenda.

About MSNBC becoming more like Fox News, screw them. 24/7 cable news is clearly not the route to the truth. A total waste of time.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW,
The libs sure do seem to have a lot of facts on this issue. I search them at times, with factcheck and PolitiFact. Those sites confirm these guys posts.
I feel kind of personal about this because Embassy people are my home boys. They are a lifeline for expats
.Seeing these four guys dead bodies being used as political footballs distresses me.
Do you really have no interest in all those killed in Embassy attacks unless they can be blamed on Obama?
I think Embassy folks who are still alive are hoping that isn't true.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Witless Wonder wrote:
What I find interesting is the aggressive defense that almost every lib here has to chime in on, whenever one of us few conservatives bring up something involving this subject. I go back thru the pages and it's like a 2/3rds response to a 1/3 post, if not more. Yikes! Hitting a nerve, maybe?

If not, why the predictable overwhelming defensive posture that always seems to happen? I find that telling in itself.
Keep bringing on your excuses, they are piling up pretty high.

House Republicans to launch special panel to investigate Benghazi

CBS News' Nancy Cordes, Alicia Budich and Major Garrett contributed to this report.

Accusing the Obama administration on "obstructing the truth" about the 2012 attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, Friday called for a special investigative panel to look into the attack that left four Americans dead.

New emails were released this week, shedding more light on the way the White House attempted to frame the discussion about the attack and general Mideast turmoil.

Republicans were quick to call the emails a "smoking gun" implicating the White House in a deliberate attempt to put politics ahead of the facts in the weeks before President Obama's re-election. They're also charging the Obama administration of withholding these documents from the congressional committees investigating the attack.

"Americans learned this week that the Obama Administration is so intent on obstructing the truth about Benghazi that it is even willing to defy subpoenas issued by the standing committees of the People's House," Boehner said in a statement.

"The administration's withholding of documents - emails showing greater White House involvement in misleading the American people - is a flagrant violation of trust and undermines the basic principles of oversight upon which our system of government is built. And it forces us to ask the question, what else about Benghazi is the Obama administration still hiding from the American people?

"This dismissiveness and evasion requires us to elevate the investigation to a new level. I intend for this select committee to have robust authority, and I will expect it to work quickly to get answers for the American people and the families of the victims," Boehner added.

The committee would be formed following a vote of the full House, which Boehner intends to hold soon in the Republican-majority chamber.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's office said they hadn't been consulted about this proposal and pointed out that Boehner has recently spoken out against the idea of a special committee.

In a separate announcement, House Oversight Committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said he's issued a subpoena for Secretary of State John Kerry to appear before his committee to answer questions about Benghazi documents.

Democrats and the White House, not surprisingly, are countering GOP criticism aruging that Republicans are simply playing politics with the Benghazi issue.

White House spokesman Jay Carney pushed back Thursday telling reporters, "What we have seen since hours after the attack, after the attack, beginning with a statement by the Republican nominee for president, is an attempt by Republicans to politicize a tragedy," he said.

The focus should turn to assessing how to prevent a similar incident in the future, Carney said, although he maintained that the newly-released emails were not an indication the administration had tried to cover up their involvement in editing the talking points. He said it was not included in a previous request for emails related to the Benghazi aftermath because they were "explicitly about the broader areas, separate from the attack on Benghazi."

Still, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., on Thursday went so far on Fox News to suggest the emails show the administration was staging a "cover-up." The emails framed the attack "all in line with a reelection campaign rather than the facts surrounding the tragic deaths of four brave Americans," he said.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told reporters Thursday that the emails were simply a distraction from real issues like immigration reform, renewing long-term unemployment insurance or raising the minimum wage.

"Diversion, subterfuge, Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi," she said. "Why aren't we talking about something else."
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what this whole thing has turned into. Sour grapes. A terrorist attack against our boys on Obamas watch 8 weeks before an election didn't change anything. All because he said Al-qaeda is on the run. Sleazy and sick. Grow up and become Americans. I'm done with this subject. Our men and women fighting for this country deserve much better.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no defense for the Benghazi coverup, nor for the coverup of the coverup. It is now proven to be a deliberate lie, orchestrated from the White House senior staff which is ultimately directed by the president, to salvage the ensuing reelection. Nixon merely spied on his opponents and lied about it until proven guilty; this administration lied about how and why its first ambassador to be murdered in 30 years died in order to cover up Obama's lie that radical Islamic terrorism was on the run. Anyone who doesn't understand the gravity of that is stupid, ignorant, or both.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"in order to cover up Obama's lie that radical Islamic terrorism was on the run".

Exactly Mike!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 68 of 124

Jump to: