myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Benghazi-gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura Ingraham's ploy is just another taunt from the right wing extreme, an attempt for sensationalism. She's an a right wing "personality" on 24/7 cable news, so it's her job to kick dirt and storm around ranting about why folks aren't focused on what's important to their supporters. Just another character pounding on the counter, like Candell's similar rants highlighted earlier about the Libyan incident.

It's all about where you get your "news". Those that troll down right wing waters find a bounty of dirt being kicked around President Obama, his administration, Senator Reid or Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, or any Democrat walking the planet. But, because it's so important to be pragmatic these days, I'm looking for a more balanced and thoughtful view on what's going on. While I'm hardly a patient person, I do highly respect those that are.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about where anybody gets their news, you can have ABC, NBC, CBS, & CNN, they're all yours, they tow the line you prefer, that's fine if you prefer that filter.
Here's some AP for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Report: White House considering retaliatory Libya strike
By BYRON TAU | 10/15/12 4:17 PM EDT
The Associated Press reports:

Administration officials say the White House has put special operations strike forces on standby and moved drones into the skies above Africa, ready to hit militant targets from Libya to Mali, if U.S. investigators can find the al-Qaida-linked group responsible for the death of the U.S. ambassador in Libya.

But the officials say the administration also is weighing whether the short-term payoff of being able to claim retribution against al-Qaida is worth the risk that such strikes would be ineffective and rile governments in the region.

Details were provided by three current and one former administration official, as well as an analyst who was approached by the White House for help. All four spoke only on condition of anonymity.

The White House would not confirm the reports.

"The investigation is on-going and we have nothing new right now. As [Pentagon spokesman] George Little has briefed recently, the DoD continues to monitor the situation closely and we are ready to respond with additional military measures when directed by the president," Robert Firman, a spokesman for the Department of Defense, told POLITICO.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/10/report-white-house-considering-retaliatory-libya-strike-138511.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cool, a bit late I'd say, but hell, maybe they can find a nice Aspirin factory they can bomb just so they can say, "see, we're on the job".
LOL!
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pueno

You always mention Bushs reaction when he was told by Card about planes crashing into the world trade center. You apparently have about as much capacity to read body language as you have common sense, VERY LITTLE!!!
Bushs face was one of DEEP CONCERN, SHOCK, AND A NEED FOR COMPOSURE.
Do yourself a favor and find something else to belittle Bush. You are dead wrong and sound like a pathetic old liberal fool.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So matty, you missed the part where Bush ignored the specific warnings that Bin laden, who had already bombed the World Trade Center and the Cole, was planning another attack? And where he refused to meet with his advisor on terrorism?

You need to wake up more often.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinton: I'm responsible for diplomats' security
From Elise Labott, CNN
updated 11:11 PM EDT, Mon October 15, 2012

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday tried to douse a political firestorm over the deadly assault on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya, saying she's responsible for the security of American diplomatic outposts.

"I take responsibility," Clinton said during a visit to Peru. "I'm in charge of the State Department's 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts. The president and the vice president wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals. They're the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision."

But she said an investigation now under way will ultimately determine what happened at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, where Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed on September 11.

"I take this very personally," Clinton said. "So we're going to get to the bottom of it, and then we're going to do everything we can to work to prevent it from happening again, and then we're going to work to bring whoever did this to us to justice."

The attack took place in the eastern Libyan city that was the cradle of that country's 2011 revolution. Obama administration officials initially blamed a mob inflamed by a U.S.-produced movie that mocked Islam and its Prophet Mohammed, but later said the storming of the consulate appears to have been a terrorist attack.

With criticism growing, Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. After the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

"In the wake of an attack like this, in the fog of war, there's always going to be confusion," Clinton said. "And I think it is absolutely fair to say that everyone had the same intelligence. Everyone who spoke tried to give the information that they had. As time has gone on, that information has changed. We've gotten more detail, but that's not surprising. That always happens."

She added, "What I want to avoid is some kind of political gotcha or blame game."

"I know that we're very close to an election," Clinton said. "I want to just take a step back here and say from my own experience, we are at our best as Americans when we pull together. I've done that with Democratic presidents and Republican presidents."

Her remarks drew a quick response from three Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee, including ranking member John McCain.

Clinton's statement of responsibility was "a laudable gesture, especially when the White House is trying to avoid any responsibility whatsoever," the Arizona senator said in a joint broadside with Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire. However, they added, "The security of Americans serving our nation everywhere in the world is ultimately the job of the commander-in-chief. The buck stops there."

Stevens, State Department computer expert Sean Smith and security contractors Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods died in the Benghazi assault, which State Department officials now say was the work of dozens of armed men.

Clinton also described a desperate scene in the State Department during the hours of the attack, as staff tried to find out what had happened.

"This was a many-hour ordeal that we were all involved in, and I was deeply concerned as you would obviously assume, to hear about an attack," she said. Not only was the picture coming out of Libya murky, but also, "Then we couldn't find Ambassador Stevens, and we were trying desperately to figure out what happened to him and to Sean Smith and to the others who were there."

Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again, and also to ensure the work of American diplomats won't be stopped even in dangerous areas like Benghazi.

"We can't retreat. We have to continue to lead. We have to be engaged," she said. "We can't hang out behind walls." She said Stevens, who came to Benghazi on a cargo ship to start building ties with rebel leaders during last year's revolt, "knew that more than anybody."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/us/clinton-benghazi/index.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She says "in the fog of war", so it's a war zone? Almost no security w/in a war zone?
Amateur hour!
She didn't do herself any favors.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

You always mention Bushs reaction when he was told by Card about planes crashing into the world trade center. You apparently have about as much capacity to read body language as you have common sense, VERY LITTLE!!!
Bushs face was one of DEEP CONCERN, SHOCK, AND A NEED FOR COMPOSURE.
Do yourself a favor and find something else to belittle Bush. You are dead wrong and sound like a pathetic old liberal fool.

No, that's the first time I mentioned Bush's vacuous, wandering stare as the planes hit.

Go back and watch the videos. Bush's face was one of scared puzzlement, though I must admit that he showed some interest as the kids read aloud -- and as he held the book upside down. He's thinking, "Oh, shit, what do I do now?"

Watch this and tell me if that vacant, blank stare is one of concern or one of utter mindlessness and confusion.

______

Matty, you are a joke. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Keep the world laughing.

At you.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are talking about W, I thought I would post this news today from the venerable NYPost. If any event defines the complete lack of judgement and incompetence of the worst president of all time, this decision by George W. Bush to appoint a man who was connected to the mob, lyed about everything, and was Rudy's right hand man for a decade...and then was rewarded with a Cabinet position and a $20B budget. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/kerik_gets_cut_down_to_size_Vn3GnqB3k44x4abZrZ4Q6H
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not talking about Bush.

The talking heads are wondering why Hillary would take the rap for the Benghazi debacle. They assume this is political suicide. In my opinion, they are completely wrong. This is a political calculation by the Clintons. They see a President who refuses to take any responsibility for what happened and a White House looking like the Keystone cops with their ever changing stories and clear deceptions. In the midst of all this amateur hour stuff, up steps Hillary and takes it on the chin for the team, looking like the only serious adult among a bunch of incompetents. Hiding behind her skirts is the President who is looking smaller by the day.

In four years she and Bill will be reminding us of who was prepared to step up. It is a testament to her character they will say.........she took the heat out of loyalty to a weak President and a shambolic White House. The Clintons are nothing if not politically astute.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct Mr G. , Hill would have made a great president , just like her husband. If you're lucky, we might get the chance in a few years.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our own little McCarthy, who has no shame, will stop at nothing to blame Obama for everything. Here's what Ambassador Stevens' father, who was a renowned Deputy Attorney General in California, has to say about such shameful behavior:

The father of Chris Stevens, the US Ambassador who was killed in Libya last month in Benghazi, stated that his son’s death should not be politicized during the presidential campaign.

Quote:
Jan Stevens, 77, spoke with reporters during a telephone interview from his home in Loomis, California while preparing for his son’s memorial service next week, reports Bloomberg. Stevens stated:

“It would really be abhorrent to make this into a campaign issue.”

Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee for President, has repeatedly criticized President Barack Obama for Ambassador Stevens’ death, saying that the State Department did not provide the Libyan US Consulate enough security.

I guess the Republicans learned to politicize deaths in war zones by covering up the fact that friendly fire killed Pat Tillman. Orchestrated, of course, by the Bush White House. As was the cover-up for malfeasance in New Orleans. When your party has done the worst, you expect it out of the other party and will find it, whatever the facts may show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 5 of 124

Jump to: