myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Jump board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shop has 12' high walls, I put up racks along one den wall, and I keep 10 loaded in my primary WS vehicle. The only time I'm tripping over them now is when I'm rotating them. It's fun being able to change toys now and then ... or all day ... and it's cheaper than owning 2 or 3 new boards.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
It'd be worth $50 for an experiment, but where are you storing all these boards? ;*)

-Craig

Alllll over the place Very Happy We have a very tall garage with a huge empty space though, so I imagine that ill have to make some sort of lifting board rack soon. I have been getting complaints that the prius doesnt fit in the garage a very well anymore (I can fit my 4runner in just fine though Wink ) There is also a half basement for the stuff that I dont want to throw away but cant sell and might want to use.
In a related note I just picked up two like new sails and accompanying near new chinook rigging from " I got excited to windsurf and bought a bunch of new gear, but it turns out its hard so I want this stuff out of my closet where its been sitting for 6 years for any price" guy. Looks like some of my glazed over naishes are moving to the basement.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaco1 wrote:
We have a very tall garage with a huge empty space though, so I imagine that ill have to make some sort of lifting board rack

Mine sit upright, on their tails, bellies against the wall, taking up almost no room space. In the den, 7-8 are stacked vertically, bellies down, in a simple wall rack of horizontal dowels. Their "footprint" is the size of one board.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
I'm disorganized.
Have 16 in the garage, 2 out in the backyard, 6 in the van, and likely 8 in my storage container, not to mention the lost of 10 when CalAdventures went on a wild spring cleaning spree.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a Vivace on craigslist, but its the bigger 96L one and after finally getting ahold of him he wants $50 for it Confused I can pick up 5 of those at the swap meet for $10 a piece...

Update:He dropped down to 40, maybe if I wait over the weekend he will meet me at $30 Laughing

Last edited by mchaco1 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smaller, around 82 liter model has negative rocker that sticks the front rails at speed, even in flat waters. Length of flat is also too long.
The 96, or 94, is fast enough for anyone in slalom, but is a little heavy for acceleration. Trim box fins can usually be found for free, but you have to thin the trailing edges and trim the outlines of most. Both have a harsh, almost jarring ride.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the 8'10 GEM, its pristine and light, should be fun Very Happy

Last edited by mchaco1 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can never remember which is which, but either the Veloce or the Vivace is a POS when not planing. The instant it comes off a plane, it weathervanes ... points upwind. Find out which model that is and fugheddaboutit.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I can never remember which is which, but either the Veloce or the Vivace is a POS when not planing. The instant it comes off a plane, it weathervanes ... points upwind. Find out which model that is and fugheddaboutit.

The tempo tends to do that too, its a struggle to keep it off the wind if your front foot isnt in the strap. I think Im done with the BICs now though, unless the GEM scares me away Laughing
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9' RichardGreenes are the easiest riding, smoothest riding slalom boards of the late '90's. A real sweeheart, just right for extending your confidence and allowing you to push well beyond your limits.
For speed, I'd suggest a 36 GoldWing (for 190 lbs'ers). For recovery on jump landings, maybe a 30 cm pointer with more surface area.
I've owned 3 Vivace's and rode a Veloce once. At 150 lbs., they slogged just like any other slalom board. Maybe you used too small a fin, Mike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: