myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
home vally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masterblaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: home vally Reply with quote

anyone done a downwinder from home valley on an easterly to bobs beach? seems like it might be long swell rides?
jota

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it quite a bit - in the late '80s and '90s. It's a great downwinder but I don't think you'd exactly call it swell riding - nothing involving easterlies makes you think "swell." But the downwinder is great when the wind and current are both going that way anyway.

Sail choice is always tricky - you can end up pretty overpowered by the time you get to Stevie.

Another fun dw is Dalton Point to Rooster Rock, although people are talking about car break-ins on another thread. I don't think that was an issue back in the day.

Both downwinders were always easy to hitch a ride back to your car with windsurfers driving back towards HR, but there's no Eastbound exit at Dalton Point, so cars would let you out on 84 and you'd have to run across the freeway and hop the median barrier . . . in a wetsuit and harness. Okay, maybe not such a great idea, in hindsight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: