myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
First day at the Hatch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchaco1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Yup ... there's the wingers ... the slight hitch in the rail line near the tail, visible in contrast to the fin in this photo. On a different note, your board's upside down. I NEVER let the business side (the bottom) of my boards or my fins for that matter, touch anything but padded bag, air, water, or groomed lawn. I cringe when I see people leave their boards belly down on asphalt or rocks or getting ground away at the water's edge.

The spoons already pretty beat, but it still works fine, same for the fin. I usually sit them on edge but I wanted a good picture of it.
jota

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: First day at the Hatch Reply with quote

mchaco1 wrote:
If theres wind ill probably be there. Im usually on the spoon or the ninja turtle board in the video

Were you wearing a blue PFD and just upwind of the Hatch point, towards Cheap, at some point Saturday?

There are so few people on the water this time of year, and I did see a guy in a blue PFD in huge swell (don't remember the sail or board); I noticed because it was immediately obvious the guy didn't have experience in those conditions, and my first thought was wtf? But after a few reaches I saw the guy was mostly under control, and not intimidated, and generally charging, so I did actually wonder to myself if it was you. But at that point you were just posting about the Event Site . . .

I was staying a bit upwind because Richard was floating in a tube taking photos off the point, and the moths were circling the flame, so it seemed just as well to stay out of the way.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: First day at the Hatch Reply with quote

jota wrote:
mchaco1 wrote:
If theres wind ill probably be there. Im usually on the spoon or the ninja turtle board in the video

Were you wearing a blue PFD and just upwind of the Hatch point, towards Cheap, at some point Saturday?

There are so few people on the water this time of year, and I did see a guy in a blue PFD in huge swell (don't remember the sail or board); I noticed because it was immediately obvious the guy didn't have experience in those conditions, and my first thought was wtf? But after a few reaches I saw the guy was mostly under control, and not intimidated, and generally charging, so I did actually wonder to myself if it was you. But at that point you were just posting about the Event Site . . .

I was staying a bit upwind because Richard was floating in a tube taking photos off the point, and the moths were circling the flame, so it seemed just as well to stay out of the way.

I was wearing a half blue wetsuit that might have been mistaken for a pdf. I had a red seat harness on. I was staying generally to the upwind side of the point to get the fast broad reaches back in. Your general description sounds spot on though Laughing I spent a lot of time bobbing on saturday on the little spoon in the extensive lulls and the rest of the time blasting along at mach 5 in the gusts pretending I was dale cook Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: