myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tabou Rocket delam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
noshuzbluz,
Ultimately, the board came out notably heavier than all my past boards. I would say at least 3 pounds heavier. Rather than lap a 2-3 inch strip of added fiberglass or carbon over the top of the rail in the middle section of the board, I think he must have added it across the whole width of the board. Another possibility for the added weight could have been in the newer polyurethane foam blank. All my earlier boards were made from Clark Foam blanks before they stopped making them.

While the board works well in really powered conditions, the extra weight makes it a bit of a dog in sketchier up and down conditions. So what I did was retire the newer board, and brought my old 1996 model out of retirement.

Well I wish we could have met up in Rio this summer. I think you would like his epoxy model. It weighs around 15lbs without straps or fin. My 8'2" weighs in at around 20lbs with footstraps and fin. I had the best time this summer wound up on a 4.5 stretched tight and the enduro fin I got from you. Best day I've ever had on that board. It can easily handle the biggest days at Sherman Island but I've also been able to milk it on holey 5.0 days last year. This year was 5.2 and 8'4" in that same situation. It turned out to be a good flood tide board. with the right fin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: