myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Balancing the budget
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I don't listen to Limbaugh or Fox. Except I do watch Lou Dobbs and listen to Savage for a refreshing populist repast on my drive home.

I come from the Kennedy-Reagan-Goldwater crew...who, if those 3 ran this country would have us in tip top shape. Even today.

No shit Sherlock!
Agree 100%, if JFK were to be able to come back today, he wouldn't even recognize the Democrat party that he left behind.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, Kennedy was consumed by the Communist threat, and he was key to getting us involved in the Vietnam war. However, I readily admit he set the target for getting a man on the moon, an incredible challenge that ultimately set America on the fast track for the future. So he did one of the most stupid things we could have done, but he also did one of the most brilliant things. While I'm a lifelong Democrat, I'll readily admit that Kennedy wasn't always on the right track.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
I don't listen to Limbaugh or Fox. Except I do watch Lou Dobbs and listen to Savage for a refreshing populist repast on my drive home.

I come from the Kennedy-Reagan-Goldwater crew...who, if those 3 ran this country would have us in tip top shape. Even today.

No shit Sherlock!
Agree 100%, if JFK were to be able to come back today, he wouldn't even recognize the Democrat party that he left behind.

I will say the same thing about Ronny. He would have been booed off the stage in Tampa by the current crop of right wing nutjobs.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie would have never made it to the stage because he wouldn't have signed Norquist's no tax pledge. But the current GOP has outsourced everything. Foreign policy to Netanyahu, governance to Grover.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of going to his daily briefings, working on the budget, meeting with Netanyahu, or his economic council, Obama goes on Letterman, and other comedy shows.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Instead of going to his daily briefings, working on the budget, meeting with Netanyahu, or his economic council, Obama goes on Letterman, and other comedy shows.

Seriously, people working for this administration are dieing, embassies are burning, "Death to America!".
And BHO is sticking to his "social image tour", 'Access Hollywood', 'Inside Edition', 'Letterman', Vegas, and any other stupid TV show that will have him, I'm sure he'll be on 'The View' again pretty soon.
Just exactly what is it that he cares about?
It sure ain't this country or our foreign policy, if there is one.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

So......... you like "Common American Journal" as a source. Right wing horse manure.

No wonder you are like you are.

Their latest post: "Obama Slides Taliban Lawyer Into Top Spot At Justice Department" from Fox.

A title like that should come from National Enquirer, alongside "Elvis Spotted in Oval Office."
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, NW looks like you cool SoCal dudes got hoodwinked by Drudge. That picture above is three years old, it's a speechwriter of his dressed up. Drudge ran it as a current event in an effort to make Obama look bad, and the idiots at Fox and Friends took the bait. I love it when the right wing Hackery gets desperate.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.........and there was I thinking it was BHO's Redistribution Czar! How disappointing.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redistribution of wealth always interested me. In the Conservative Student Union in the 70s we had conservative Dems and Repubs with Independents discussing the subject.
At that time the Commies tried to do it.
They failed.
The Dems did it by supporting social services to poor folks in the South who were mostly Dem at that time. That Party supported Martin Luther King and lost the support of poor white racists. The GOP welcomed them and now has a Southern base that is mostly poor, and often pays no taxes.

The GOP student members were focusing their lives on redistributing wealth upwards to themselves and their often rich families.
They were hugely successful esp during the Bush years.
The money has redistributed upwards away from the middle class in a big way.
The GOP now has a base whose bills are paid by the Red States as the money is moved by the Gov from productive Dem states to poor welfare blue states to buy GOP votes.
Wealth is constantly being redistributed, but the GOP really doesn't want you to look at Romney and see exactly see where it is being redistributed.

This doesn't mean Romney wouldn't make a good President for at least half the people, it means you are being mislead about redistribution of wealth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: