myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Balancing the budget
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, God help you. If you've saved a million dollars, in ten years what will it be worth? Perhaps $300,000, or 1/3 of what it is today.

Where Fed policy has succeeded is in enriching many financial services providers (and businesses within the financial service ecosystem) at the expense of savers and retirees. This is why we see real estate prices in New York, London, Aspen and Cap d’Antibes surging while those in Chicago and Cleveland remain lackluster. This is why we see the market prices for Picassos continuing to explode while the automobile industry flatlines. Those who earn $100,000,000 don’t buy proportionately more cars relative to their incomes than those who earn $50,000. Actions have reactions and not all of them are good!

Gold for instance is also in high demand. Soros and other billionaires, and even small business men are loading up on gold. A non income producing asset. Why aren't they buying factories? Trillions on the side....Thanks to Obama, nobody wants to buy into a country that is printing money, handing out welfare checks to half its citizens, and attacks the wealth creators. We'd rather do nothing.

Your savings are being taxed with every dollar Bernake prints, and with every dollar Obama spends. You will be left with nothing man. Don't you get it?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard...you sound very populist, I like it.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then we are lucky that Obama can not spend money.
Only Congress can do that.
We are not lucky really because those who are angry at "Obama spending" are likely to re elect their Congressman so nothing changes.
The big downside I see to blaming everything on each US President is the way no problem gets solved. It is the same as blaming everything on the cat.
Waste of time, but it makes the lobbyists very happy.
Nearly everything Americans are angry about has their hand in it.
Limbaughs scripts come directly from them.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't listen to Limbaugh or Fox. Except I do watch Lou Dobbs and listen to Savage for a refreshing populist repast on my drive home.

I come from the Kennedy-Reagan-Goldwater crew...who, if those 3 ran this country would have us in tip top shape. Even today.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I get it Bard, the sky is falling right before our eyes. But wait, Romney will be our savior and duly put the sky back to where it should be. No Bard, if we are doomed to financial collapse as you appear to suggest, Romney doesn't have a chance in hell to stop it.

Romney is the guy that can't pay his taxes on time. Unbelievably he has been running for president for better than a year now (well actually, for many years now), but he still fails to fill in the important details of his budget cuts and tax plans. So, we are now less than 50 days from the election, and nothing credible has been offered to the American people how he's going cut taxes for everyone and at the same time balance the budget and reduce our debt.

Maybe, just maybe, as a prophet and savior, he'll just wave his hand and an incredible miracle will simply unfold before our eyes. But, we've got to elect him first to see it.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard....dont put Kennedy's name in the same sentence as the deplorable Barry Goldwater, ever.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Bard....dont put Kennedy's name in the same sentence as the deplorable Barry Goldwater, ever.

I knew I should have said Eisenhower!!!Beware the military industrial comlex....However Goldwater was a libertarian and a gentleman.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone supplying opinions here ask Bard if he believes Romney is our savior?or just the default choice?
He said he thinks modern American Government sucks and so do we all if polls mean anything.
If you think you guys have disdain for US Gov.take a guess how the American expatriate community worldwide sees our government.
It is an embarrassment to our former greatness.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, I don't know what Romney will do, but I've seen what Obama and Bush have done.....BTW, I don't know whether the system will collapse, I just think the odds have gotten higher.

This story is cool. The old fella didn't trust the gummit, so put all of his money into gold. His house is probably worth about $80k. Laughing

$7 million in gold found in dead Nevada man's home

Walter Samaszko Jr.
By Isolde Raftery, NBC News
When Walter Samaszko Jr. died at his home in Carson City, Nev., he had $200 in a bank account. But as officials later discovered, Samaszko had about $7 million stored neatly around his home, the Nevada Appeal reported.

In late June, neighbors called authorities because of a smell emanating from Samaszko’s home. He was a recluse who had told them he hated the government and feared getting shots, but still, it had been a while since they had seen him, according to the Appeal.

According to the coroner, Samaszko, 69, had been dead for at least a month. He died of heart problems, the Las Vegas Sun reported.

“At that point, we took the house apart,” said Carson City clerk-recorder Alan Glover.

They found gold coins and bullion, tiny dos-pesos, $20 gold pieces, Austrian ducats, Kruggerrands and English Sovereigns dating to the 1840s – enough gold to fill two wheelbarrows.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Chandler, God help you. If you've saved a million dollars, in ten years what will it be worth? Perhaps $300,000, or 1/3 of what it is today.

The team that predicted 2007/8 in great detail two years in advance have now published another book justifying their stern warning that his hypothetical $M will be worth less ... as in nearly worthless ... LONG before and well after that 10 years. Not quite Zimbabwe, they say, but FAR worse the the Great Depression. They're persuasive enough that I'm putting some of my billions where their mouth is so I can put gas in my car in 2016.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: