myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Freeride Boards for a Newbie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
The has-beens, old farts, and dumpster divers seem to have taken over.

Why do you say this? Sailingjoke hasn't been around for weeks.
Boardtests

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Freeride Boards for a Newbie Reply with quote

tmonty wrote:
I am interested in the Fanatic Hawk and Shark along with the Starboard Futura and Carve, but want to make sure I buy a board that I won't grow out of in a couple of months, but will be able to get on and ride fairly easily.

I would check these tests out:

Fanatic Hawk test

Starboard Carve Test

Starboard Futura Test

I would defenately have a look at:

RRD Firemove Test

Tabou Rocket Test

If you are into Fanatic I would shoose the Shark over the Hawk, but first have a close look at the awesome Firemove!!

Best regards Claes
speedysailor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this. Tmonty isn't into any manufacturer because he is a rank beginner. Obviously the last poster, Boardtests, jumped to a conclusion without reading through the posts that immediately followed the original. Tmonty has conceded that the prevailing opinion i.e. none of the boards he has chosen would be right for him is correct. Autism at it's best.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
Autism at it's best.

Are you looking in the mirror again, Brucie?
Boardtests

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
... none of the boards he has chosen would be right for him is correct.

Says who? Your opinion sounds a bit old school in my opinion.

tmonty wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have been kiteboarding for over 10 years now and have sailed one-design sailboats for 8 plus years so I understand wind and water.

Often "reading wind and water" is one of the big problems when you are a newbie, and itīs pretty obvious that you (tmonty) will have a very fast learning curve. Im convinced that pimping a 150 l board with a bigger freeride fin will do the trick. However a board as Kona One could be just as right for you. Fun board to sail, big competition class and can be used as a SUP.

Peace Love and Understanding : ) Claes
Windsurfing board tests at boardtests.com
tmonty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Follow Up... Reply with quote

Hey Gents (and ladies too if some of you posted on my newbie question)...

I have been away for awhile as some of you have noticed simply to take what a lot of you have given me in the form of advice and run with it.

Just so that all of you know, your advice was taken wisely and instead of my original thoughts of getting an expensive short board, I opted instead for the incredibly well built Fanatic Viper 85. I got the 85 due to the fact that it has 220 L of volume and I figured if I was having troubles learning, then I could always pull the rig off and take a paddle out and use it as a SUP.

I think with all of you chiming in, it made more sense to go for the bigger board that seriously I can see myself keeping and using for either light wind days or just cruising around when I get better. Besides, if I do progress quickly or not, and I don't know what the smaller more performance oriented boards can do, then I don't know what I'm missing right!?

In any case, I wanted to stop back in and thank all of you for your help with this. I'm looking forward to progressing and continually learning this seemingly awesome sport!

Very best to all of you!
T.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always interesting to hear how people progress, so often after these type posts we never hear from the OP again so do keep us informed as to how it's coming along Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: