myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Naish Noa 3 + Ezzy RDM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinDo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Naish Noa 3 + Ezzy RDM Reply with quote

Does anyone know what kind of mast the old Naish Noa 3 sails needed? The info I need isn't on the sail! Had this triple checked by others at the beach lol. I can't seem to get my 430 Ezzy RDM to work with it. Even with max extension (36cm) the battens don't pull away from the top of the mast. Works perfect on my back up epoxy mast + 38cm extension...sigh would hate to have to use that mast.

Thanks!
-Kevin
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might mention the size of the Noa.
Battens only pull away from the front of the mast IF you have correct downhaul, which is beyond max lines on the Noa, and outhaul attached so the sail does NOT touch the inside of the boom when you push on it.
After than, tis preferences. RDM's will never clear the batten tips like SDM's, so don't expect it to.
From the amount of extension you're talking about, your mast is too soft for the sail, but will work in lighter winds if you don't expect stability. Noas have an excess of stability, so it might not matter if you're lightweight and sensitive to gear tuning. Always rig RDM's with more outhaul, about 3cms more, than SDM's.
KevinDo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah forgot to say it was a 6.5! Also when downhauling it I can never get the leech to get loose. This is a sign I should get a newer sail that works on my mast Very HappyD
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, get a newer sail.
Send the old one to me. I have 2 fifteen year old Noas, one with a tear at the main panel. They match up against any of the '12 slalom race sails on the market, so I could use another one...and my boards are '94 thru 00.
You might find a 100 buck used 460 mast with 14 extension, which might cost you less money. I find any 60% or higher carbon content SDM working just fine with it.
KevinDo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Yes, get a newer sail.
Send the old one to me. I have 2 fifteen year old Noas, one with a tear at the main panel. They match up against any of the '12 slalom race sails on the market, so I could use another one...and my boards are '94 thru 00.
You might find a 100 buck used 460 mast with 14 extension, which might cost you less money. I find any 60% or higher carbon content SDM working just fine with it.

I wouldn't mind but mines got a tear too Sad haha the repair tape is holding for now. Been trying to find a reason to get a KA Koyote 6.6 but must say I'm impressed with the Noa. Might consider buying back my 48cm mast extension to use iton my old 430 epoxy mast. The combo actually worked really well.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait till you try that sail with a 100% Fiberspar. My g/f appropriated that mast, but I still have Xcel80's and PX 70's sitting around in my van.
Noa's are high end oriented, need wind, don't plane up expecially early, but can handle for me, about 28 mph gusts easily. Water state forces me to rig down, not sail handling or lack of.
But by all means, get the new sail if you must.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: