myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Batten Repair and New Learner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waiting4wind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Batten Repair and New Learner Reply with quote

I've gotten tired of digging through the interweb for answers so hopefully you all can help me out.

I have a 2005 Ezzy infinity 8.5m with a broken bottom batten. Is there any place or website that I can buy a new batten at?

I am also in the process of teaching my fiance how to windsurf. The trouble I am having is determining the board size that is stable for a 116lb girl. I would prefer to buy a board that I can work on jibing with, in the event she quits but keeps her learning curve easy.

I currently have 95L f2 air, and a 133L f2 xantos. I feel that the xantos might be too narrow for beginner stability.

I've been waiting to find a wide board around 135L - 145L. Will a wide board in this range be good for her?

I have found locally a 2001 starboard formula board 135L, and a bic techno of similar size. But they want $500 each for them. Which sounds really high to me.

Thanks for any input,
adywind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the Ezzy costumer service for the broken batten ...sail repair shop near you...Craig's list.
If money isn't a problem for you, getting a windsup 10' ; 11' is a great option for your girlfriend to learn on. They are nice boards for learning and having fun in lite or no wind also. From my own observations women love to paddle on them too. I'm getting asked for a try all the time. /wish I was a single Smile, i found a better hook up trick then a qute dog:).
adywind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: the last thing you would want for a girlfriend is a formula board. Even a garage door is sexyer then those fat whales! She will hate it.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batten: www.ezzy.com
KevinDo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Ezzy for em. hopefully you don't plan on using the infinity to teach her!
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Batten Repair and New Learner Reply with quote

waiting4wind wrote:

I am also in the process of teaching my fiance how to windsurf. The trouble I am having is determining the board size that is stable for a 116lb girl. I would prefer to buy a board that I can work on jibing with, in the event she quits but keeps her learning curve easy.

May I suggest (as a man married 14 years to a windsurfing wife) that your goal should be to get your wife into windsurfing at all costs, so that your vacations and leisure time can keep you on the water? Don't worry about whether or not the board you buy for her will work for you. A windsurfing wife will work for you! This is your life we're talking about.

One of the wider windsurfing SUP's or something else around 150 liters should do. May I suggest a vacation in Bonaire?

waiting4wind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Batten Repair and New Learner Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
waiting4wind wrote:

May I suggest (as a man married 14 years to a windsurfing wife) that your goal should be to get your wife into windsurfing at all costs, so that your vacations and leisure time can keep you on the water? Don't worry about whether or not the board you buy for her will work for you. A windsurfing wife will work for you! This is your life we're talking about.

One of the wider windsurfing SUP's or something else around 150 liters should do. May I suggest a vacation in Bonaire?

Lol, I've been slowly boasting about how great certain windsurfing locations are. She has shown alot of interest in wanting to learn, I've just never had "learning" gear.

I think I'm going to splurg and go for a 2011 used 158L jp x-cite that I can get locally. I think putting her on anything smaller might make it too fustrating. Thoughts on this route?

I've already picked up a complete rig: 2008 4.7 ezzy se with matching mast/boom, just need a board now........ Man, she's going to have waaaay better gear than my stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: