myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler,

I guess I am a little surprised that the central CA papers are conservative, given the huge Hispanic population. On the other hand, I guess the papers are in English, so it's not the farm workers reading them.

I was only offering that it's possible that right wing owners may not exclusively offer up right wing papers. My local paper is not conservative by any means.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever notice that very conservative or liberal business people still want to sell their products to everybody ?
News media are no different.
Fox News will switch to a MSNBC clone right away if there is more money to be made.
When watching your local "liberal
"media do you ever notice a Fox logo in the corner?
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
swchandler,

I guess I am a little surprised that the central CA papers are conservative, given the huge Hispanic population. On the other hand, I guess the papers are in English, so it's not the farm workers reading them.

I was only offering that it's possible that right wing owners may not exclusively offer up right wing papers. My local paper is not conservative by any means.
the valley is so right wing has been forever. got to love these right wing farmers that that get government subsidized massive amounts of water. Ultra right wing papers.

Therre was a ultra partisan right winger by the name of Conrad Black, he was notorious for hating liberals. He would buy papers fire the liberal writers not hire any replacements and then make other cuts to make the numbers look good then sell it and do it to the next one. Can you imagine how disruptive it would be on those reporters lives. When I was in Vegas another trust fund kid owned the paper there, ultra right wing paper in a a very liberal area. Only paper, and he owned more.. Lets see richard Mellon Scaife another trust fund kid ownes the Pittsburgh paper, he was the one funding the Paula jones legal team and began the funding before Clinton even took office. Olin third generation trust fund kid whos family made their money selling ammunition to both sides in the civil war and obviously became a huge defense contractor who obvviously hated anything liberal. Spent in today's terms his entire in-hesitance again todays terms billions of dollars on media control.
then we have ruppy murdoch the auzi who inherited his fathers news paper and ruppy changed it into his signature flagships the enquirer types of papers and took over australia with that trash and exported it to Uk and his first paper he started in the US was a enquirer type the Star. This is the trash MO of this ultra partisan hater of liberals. He is the largest owner of media in the US and world. another good example is my father tells me the owner of the San Diego paper is so right wing.

anyone who would think any one of those would ever put money over politics is just not looking at the real situation of human nature. Just look at the Koch brothers and their funding of right wing causes that use the media with ads. Do you think if I was a trust fund kid with a top 10 largest oil company I would ever take money over making sure my political agenda was not felt. Again if I owed the media I would love to take all the right wing money so I could then put on liberal ads for free. that is just a no brainer, and you do not see the media discussing this issue do ya.

Now why would defense contractors own media that does not have nearly the returns you get from medical, banking defense and so on investments. In finance we call it marginal rate of return, you dump the less profitable. and media had never been that profitable till things like unlimited funding of political. Well for example do you know CBS stopped 60 minutes from airing many programs. Never released to this day. Now CBS even fired Dan Rather for telling the truth, to this date no-one has ever proved the documents were not accurate of the time. In fact the appointed right wing former attorney General appointed to investigate concluded he could not prove they were inaccurate. He also asked the White house to answer some simple questions and they denied and were not willing to answer them. Again if you fired people for lying Fox would be off the air. CBS radio has no balance of liberals on talk radio.

Now you can not find one ultra partisan liberal owner of the media anywhere.

Also if I owned the media as a trust funder, I would send the right wing reporters to do dog food reports. and as a example of that a highly awarded writer was hired to be the atlanta editor, he was a liberal, read his book. He was fired rather quickly for things like having reporters investigate the dealing of Coke internationally. and also for having them investigate substandard construction of a nuclear power plant. He pointed out like I said it was devastating to the life of his family because he became unemployable.

Chicago tribune, in its over 100 year life only supported one democrat for president in their entire life. Obama. and again 90% plus talk radio is right wing radio. largest circulation newspaper is the wall street journal and that is owned by Rubby the partisan right winger. Largest circulated columnists in the US are right wingers. yet the media is "liberal"

Here, the fairness doctrine, the right wing does not want it back, why would they oppose it if they are somehow oppressed. again it gives equal time to to the lessor party.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you owned the media you'd probably bore the crap out of people by writing the same story over and over and over and over..............just sayin'
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
If you owned the media you'd probably bore the crap out of people by writing the same story over and over and over and over..............just sayin'

so you are admitting the ownership does control the product. and speaking of boring or more so losing money the New youk post owned by ruppy another right wing enquirer is said to be bleeding red basically every day since ultra partisan right winger trust fund kid largest media owner in the world/USA Ruppy. Again losing money big time on that one. Gee how can the right wing mantra they are in it only to make money hypothesis doing with that one. According to the right wing mantra a right winger would sell his mother if it made money.

Another great example when cult head Rev Sun Young Moonie (remember his followers pan handling in airports to get him his lear jet lifestyle). Well his hate paper the Washington times also never made a profit, just a false prophet.

Interesting tie in to the media and the washington times today. They basically just fired Rand Paul for plagiarism. But the story real story is being missed. Remember how he initially lashed out at Rachel Maddow for airing this? Some major attacks by him against her. You know the right wing victim of the media game to rile up his hate base. which it did. The right wing circled the wagons. with them circling the wagons he energized his base more with more hate red meat. He then said he would like to challenge detractors to a duel. Again he was acting like it was his honor and he would kill over it. Now with software they have found so many instances of him lifting other peoples works. Again the real story is this idiot wanted to kill people for his lies. just another typical right wing mantra. Where is the media bringing this up.

I believe this display of wanting to kill and bearing false witness rises to high crimes and he should be impeached for it.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if your boring media was losing money you could remarket it as a cure for insomnia. I think I almost nodded off just reading that last post and it was a shorter than usual one. Yaaaaaawn, I'm going back to bed now. Thanks BajaDean, I was worried I would be up all night.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I guess if your boring media was losing money you could remarket it as a cure for insomnia. I think I almost nodded off just reading that last post and it was a shorter than usual one. Yaaaaaawn, I'm going back to bed now. Thanks BajaDean, I was worried I would be up all night.
perfect example of a troll post.

do you believe people being a troll is a serious psychological illness? Or it jut a minor one in your book.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll thread?

My post is poking fun at just how consumed you are by this. You were saying about "serious psychological illness"? Your psychological issue has you so delusional that you think whining about it on a windsurfing forum will change anything. You seem to be making the same point over and over and expecting a different outcome, that's just insanity.

I guess I did give you a different outcome rather then just read it and roll my eyes like most do. I encouraged you to continue, citing examples of alternate purposes for your overly boring topic and posts. It's like I sprinkled a little spice onto your drabness.

You're welcome.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--I'm not sure anyone selected you as the forum scold--but your scolding here seems to miss the main point. Of course your scolding is always tilted against those who may have a different political world view.

On the first, nothing could be more relevant than the question of whether or not something is journalism. Journalism strives for facts and reveals biases--usually by quoting someone on both sides of the issue. There are an increasing number of media who are presenting only one side of the issue, often with faked facts. Folks on the forum like NW will quote liberally from something that is hopelessly biased, and wonder why I laugh at the fact that his sources are not credible. Isobars does this above with a pet Fox judge. In the Murdoch empire, political slant has systematically entered into news reporting, not just by hiring virtually all of the Republican presidential candidates for the 2012 race, but by specific direction. That is the opposite of journalism--yet we get Isobars yesterday citing a state judge working for Fox as an expert on the constitutionality of a law already deemed constitutional by the Supreme Court. Nothing could be more relevant than the credibility of your sources. Yet folks like Techno, when told of 300 spills that weren't reported, a clear violation of Federal law, dismisses the main stream media reports because they didn't provide details of the impacts. You guys can't have it both ways--details are boring, but the lack of details makes a report irrelevant.

On the second point, clearly Obama oversold the ability to keep your insurance. I get that, but find it pretty much the same spin that I see from all politicians about their pet programs. We already understand that Obama is too cautious and is not the savior. But I see no scolding from you about the completely over the top ranting from the right that Obama is the biggest liar in history. Clearly Baja is obsessive about his pet subject. Clearly most of the far right is far more obsessive about Obama. You lose credibility when you scold from one side.

Pay attention to Jerry Brown's advice--paddle left, paddle right.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I...just read it and roll my eyes like most do.

Cool!! We got God, Santa Claus, or some other omniscient being on the forum - He knows what most people do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 100 of 277

Jump to: