myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stevenbard



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 3600

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what to believe, however, does that mean the 30 most wanted terrorists are Muslim? I think I'm tired of so many versions of the "truth" on the internet. What is the most Non Political version of current events on the web?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2342

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:

These guys are real heros and Patriots. I think I need a shower.

If you decide to read Brietbart.com, then you should wear a full-body condom first.
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 13265

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I think I'm tired of so many versions of the "truth" on the internet. What is the most Non Political version of current events on the web?

When a topic warrants the effort, I try to find an original source, such as a tape of the whole speech or interview or caught-on-tape comment, an official transcript, the original data (e.g., census bureau, gold price history, gun crime rates, polar bear counts) an analysis was based on, or anything else credible enough to decide for myself whether I can repeat it as fact. Lacking that, I repeat it as opinion or a quote so the reader/listener can decide for himself.

Examples: When the Boston Globe reporter who invented the "Bush Went AWOL" destroyed his professional credibility by admitting in print in the Boston Globe that he completely made it up to observe the reaction -- i.e., trolling -- I believe it. When far left rags like the NYT or CNN crap in their own nest (criticize the administration), I believe them just like I believed the automatic transmission shop that told me my tranny was still fine @ 100,000 miles. When I read the original Hillarycare plan and the formal analyses of its devastating trial implementation in the states of WA and TN, in which she mandated prison for any doctor and patient who were so heinous as to swap money for medical care (TN struck that clause, WA did not, IIRC), and I now see that has been scrubbed from the internet, I will never trust her on Benghazi. Breaking facts all OVER real news sources reinforce that 100%.

The only "facts check" organization I trust is Snopes, and since he's only one man, his accuracy and scope are limited. The other websites with one or both of those words in their name are not trustworthy. I've never looked at or heard anything about Drudge, so have no opinion.

I trust media lefties and righties to be loyal to the point of insanity and dismiss what they say unless their cited proof checks out; Colmes and Beckel are nuts and Hannity is a one-track pony despite 99% of his claims checking out with original sources in my experience. The one who occasionally crap in their own nest (e.g., Geraldo, Kirsten Powers) gain some credibility in doing so. I don't believe a politically-oriented word out of the mouths of most hard news reporters, let alone commentators, on any broadcast or cable network besides Fox simply because they all admit and blatantly demonstrate that they are dedicated Democrats through and through. No network that refuses to cover important stories unfavorable to its chosen party agenda (e.g., Benghazi coverup, mass murder of many viable living babies), wallows in lesser stories BECAUSE they make the opposition look bad, and/or blatantly edits and even doctors tapes of what politicians and competing news programs have said deserves any blanket credibility. (I did see O'Reilley cut one Hillary comment too short for accuracy, but he doesn't just invent crap like NBC and its clones do.) Look what bias/BS did to Rather's career, and consider the 35,000 U.S. lives Cronkite's bias cost us when he declared we lost the Tet offensive when General Giap had considered it his own complete defeat.

Books? Ya gotta consider the source's body of work, his logic, his references, and his willingness to shine a light on both sides.

Probably most important to basing any decisions or actions on what we hear and see is our own value system. I've learned a great deal here about mine and about others' in particular and in general, and that has shaped my views even more so than the hard news. I entered political debates with an open and very naive mind < 20 years ago and the assumption that people on the two sides were more alike than different. Silly me; they're from different universes. I had originally hoped to find honest discussion of current events here, but that foolish idea got buried in pony crap, fart jokes, and baseless personal attacks decades ago. The name "Wardog" has been a standing joke and a towering monument to Leftards in this house since Bill Clinton was fouling the oval carpet. Sadly, nothing's changed but the screen nyms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DanWeiss



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 1887
Location: Connecticut, USA

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
SNIP

I entered political debates with an open and very naive mind < 20 years ago and the assumption that people on the two sides were more alike than different. Silly me; they're from different universes. I had originally hoped to find honest discussion of current events here, but that foolish idea got buried in pony crap, fart jokes, and baseless personal attacks decades ago. The name "Wardog" has been a standing joke and a towering monument to Leftards in this house since Bill Clinton was fouling the oval carpet. Sadly, nothing's changed but the screen nyms.


Mr. Fick, I write this post in honesty. Most people have given you and your views plenty of room for reasonably debate and expression. Apart from some outlying posts and positions, I think the problem resides in how you write (bombastically) and with personal labels (see above) plus several occasions where you state something as fact but are directly contradicted with primary evidence. Your failure to own up to the errors created the perception of you which you now criticize as closed minded and ignorant.

Your claim that Clinton's proposal for health care modification would have criminalized anyone who wished to pay cash for a procedure rather than go through the single-payer path was inaccurate. I even provided the specific legislative language do contract that position, but you continued unabashed and continue to make that claim so many years later.

It's not about left or right to start but about a loss of credibility. While a few people here support your views to some degree, those who don't have, for the most part, responded with reason for many years in vain before it devolved into mutual mudslinging. Maybe Wardog was quick on the draw, but you discounted his experience and education in the very matters of the day as you've done with others, including me. I've largely stopped paying attention, but do see a trend that others now conclude as I have for some time: a normal, reasoned discussion with you is futile because it nearly always goes far off track and often turns to defensive claims of academic purity and your victimization by your detractors.

Windsurfing you know, and a few other things too. Civilized discussion about policy and politics simply is not among them.

_________________
Support Your Sport. Join US Windsurfing!
617.259.0411
www.USWindsurfing.org

www.konaone.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3013

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso screamed insults at us over the story about acorn and denied the truth about the fraud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
windoggie



Joined: 22 Feb 2002
Posts: 2200

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Dan. Too bad he won't see it.
_________________
/w\
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3013

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the FBI site for real news. The most wanted terrorists are Muslims all right. The ten most wanted people contain no Muslim names.
The Christian terrorists like Mc Veigh have been caught, so most unsolved terrorist acts recently have been those crazy jihad murderers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 13265

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
Mr. Fick, I write this post in honesty. Most people have given you and your views plenty of room for reasonably debate and expression. Apart from some outlying posts and positions, I think the problem resides in how you write (bombastically) ...

I don't know why my filter let you through ... probably because I entered the forum through the PM forum rather than through its bookmark ... but I noticed your opening point before I noticed its source. You seemed sincere, so I kept reading.

Alas, the personal BS starts in just your third sentence, with the "bombastic" label, which contradicts the evaluations expressed by many people here and in my professional and personal worlds. I'll thus waste little time on the rest of your usual commentary.

No apologies for the derogatory term, "Leftard". It's too well earned, too often demonstrated, and too often explained in detail to be retracted. It fits like a pair of custom surgical gloves.

The SEARCH function with “Hillarycare” and “prison” as key and isobars as author found seven threads. You did not comment on that subject in any of them. Searching on “prison” and Dan Weiss also found nothing. Can you find your argument against my statement, which came from her health care plan, from the AGs of WA and/or TN where it was implemented, and from many legal and media discussions of it?

Show me where I’ve discounted anyone’s experience or education, Wardog’s or anyone else’s (unless it was proven, necessary, AND relevant, if ever). What I dismiss is the 30-some people here whose principle argument is “you’re a racist homophobic liar whose mudder wears combat boots”.

You say I’ve been “directly contradicted with primary evidence” and referenced my “failure to own up to the errors”, yet in the dozens of times I’ve challenged you and others point blank to provide evidence to support such claims and have then watched for replies from anyone, all we see is fart jokes and repeated vague accusations like yours above. Do you not realize how hollow that rings with intelligent readers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5433

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, good try on your part, but we all know that isobars is a lost cause. Just look at the BS argument he used to weasel a way to respond to your post. Need I say more? The guy is incorrigible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2342

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
...the personal BS starts in just your third sentence, with the "bombastic" label...

But, gosh Mikey, "bombastic" fits you soooooooo well.....

"Full of shit" fits you even better.

And it explains why your blue eyes have turned brown. Laughing Laughing Laughing
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 67 of 119

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group