myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I'd bet that every conservative on this forum was against going into Iraq. I was so pissed off, I was jumping up and down when it was announced. Bush was way over his head in terms of forthought and analysis.
must not have been to important to the right wingers here as they voted for Bush again to elect him a second time.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend Senator Haley says that all national elections are decided by the people who don't vote. If four hundred more liberals in Fla. had voted there would have not been a President Bush.
Folks who know what is going on are pretty disgusted with both parties and millions of them do not come out.
We get the government we deserve.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
My friend Senator Haley says that all national elections are decided by the people who don't vote. If four hundred more liberals in Fla. had voted there would have not been a President Bush.
Folks who know what is going on are pretty disgusted with both parties and millions of them do not come out.
We get the government we deserve.

well I guess we have to disagree here. That is the entire issue of this thread, THE BIG LIE the right wing control of the media and not having a liberal voice/microphone to challenge the lies. Human nature is when you make money you want more and more is via control of the message. This is repeated time and time again. in all societies and all generations and all cultures. Anyone who thinks democracy is capable of fighting the rich is shown wrong time and time again.

With the money comes planting money in things like think tanks, buying media and so on.

Part of the game of the rich is to burn out people from voting like all government is bad type hate of america. making people feel like their vote does not matter so they do not vote. Scrubbing voting rolls, poll taxes of many kinds.

ya the liberal media... where is it... oh the rich media owners sent them off to cover snookes day at the park. or get fired and not be able to get another job.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I'd bet that every conservative on this forum was against going into Iraq.

Not this one, not at that time. We deposed a heinous despot responsible for killing over two million Muslims (many via WMDs), credibly boasting of building many more WMDs, and shown -- incorrectly we now know -- by the world's intelligence agencies to be backing up those boasts. We won the war but lost the potential ensuing peace.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
I'd bet that every conservative on this forum was against going into Iraq.

Not this one, not at that time. We deposed a heinous despot responsible for killing over two million Muslims (many via WMDs), credibly boasting of building many more WMDs, and shown -- incorrectly we now know -- by the world's intelligence agencies to be backing up those boasts. We won the war but lost the potential ensuing peace.

NOT, there were only a few intelligence agencies that "so called" backed something not conclusive up.. Can you name the information that was specific enough to say other nations backed it up.

Again we had the UN inspectors in every report that said there was nothing.
wiki
Quote:
while the Senate Intelligence Committee found in 2008 that his administration "misrepresented the intelligence and the threat from Iraq".[17] A key CIA informant in Iraq admitted that he lied about his allegations, "then watched in shock as it was used to justify the war"

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/23/bush.iraq/
Quote:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush and his top aides publicly made 935 false statements about the security risk posed by Iraq in the two years following September 11, 2001, according to a study released Tuesday by two nonprofit journalism groups.

At the time the US had credibility that we never lied into a war so many were willing to believe the lies of the Bush administration. Remember even Colin Powel made the presentation to the UN that he was not even aware it was a lie by the Bush idiots. Powels former top advisor has told us that many times. So once again you are still delusional and shows right wingers are not to be trusted.

Quote:
"It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al Qaeda," the report reads, citing multiple government reports, including those by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, the 9/11 Commission and the multinational Iraq Survey Group, which reported that Hussein had suspended Iraq's nuclear program in 1991 and made little effort to revive it.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to say that we shouldn't have gone into Iraq, and it's possible that it was a mistake.

On the other hand, like Iso said, where would Iraq be today if Saddam was still running the show?

I don't think we can or should try to clean up all the radicals throughout the world, but sometimes it probably make sense to jump in. Where and when? God only knows.

If the timing was different and it was Clinton or Obama at the helm when 911 occurred, I wonder how the story would have played out?
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
It's easy to say that we shouldn't have gone into Iraq, and it's possible that it was a mistake.

On the other hand, like Iso said, where would Iraq be today if Saddam was still running the show?

I don't think we can or should try to clean up all the radicals throughout the world, but sometimes it probably make sense to jump in. Where and when? God only knows.

If the timing was different and it was Clinton or Obama at the helm when 911 occurred, I wonder how the story would have played out?

daaaa where would Libya be today if the USA had not invaded it, OH we did not invade it to remove a bad man. How many trillions of dollars did that one take? Oh it did not take trillions of taxpayers money did it.

again Bush et all their first month in office gave a directive according to Paul O'Neil a cabinet position member to find a way to go after Saddam. That was first month. No one sued him for his words and no one said he was a liar either.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Burning academic question of BajaDean or any other liberal willing to tackle the question, head-on, like a grown man or woman -- I really want to know: Where do you get stuff like that? Today's college professors? Public high schools? Radical left TV "news"? Websites? Air America? mac? Rappers? Rock/movie stars? Pure trolling?

Secondary sincere question: Why on earth do you believe it, considering the only relevant proof is to the contrary?

At least BajaDean, and only he, offered an explanation for his hatred, despite dodging my specific questions about the source of his accusations. Certainly neither a bar fight nor a knife assault explain anything, nor are 40% of righties racist (I've never met any open racists that I can remember, with maybe one benign exception in high school). Heck, if a few idiots defined a political class, the 30 people in my killfile would be grounds for reincarnating Joseph McCarthy.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BajaDean

Hindsight is always 20-20, but now that Obama is at the helm, what would you recommend he do with Syria?

I am in favor of staying home, and not spending any $. So, ignore them or get involved, what do you say? They appear to have "weapons of mass destruction".

Watch out for the "red line".
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic, I wonder how much attention your left wing media are giving to the many whistleblowing career State Dept and CIA professionals clamoring to testify that the White House is not only covering up Benghazi, but is denying even knowing about their message, their letters to the administration, their applications for clearances to testify, the lawyers they have hired to force the government to face the truths about the Benghazi coverup, the many additional State and CIA professionals afraid to join the whistleblowers risking their careers after being ordered by the White House to STFU.

Then there's the little issue of Holder halting the very successful questioning of the talkative surviving Boston Bomber only nine hours into the approximately 48-hour window allowed by law. Is that big news in the liberal media, considering the growing evidence that the bombers had extensive help with their operation?

And how about the growing number of abortion mill doctors caught explaining to patients how they will murder the patients' crying newborn babies just because they were delivered by abortion?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 64 of 277

Jump to: