myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 5125

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From page 41, as part of a relentless attack mrgybe perceived the factual world to be:

Quote:
A viable baby outside the womb has rights..........one of those is the right to life. Killing that infant is murder. It is stunning that anyone, even here, would dispute that.


Speaking, rather unclearly, about the Gosnell trial in Philadelphia. In this morning's news, easily found in an article by Jon Hurdle of the New York Times, we find 3 murder charges dismissed by the judge, and the following comment from Gosnell's attorney "none of the seven fetuses his client is accused of killing were alive when they were removed from their mothers because they had been given a drug that killed them in utero." We also find out that Mrgybe' source for outrage is the arguments of Bryan Kemper of Priests for Life.

Now I have not decided to start supporting late term abortions with in-vitro drugs. But I am here to support paying attention to the facts, not the talk within the bubble. Unless I am on a jury charged with determining the facts, my knowledge will always be somewhat limited, and I should try to keep an open mind. Here, the ruling of the judge reflects his perception of the facts and the law, and indicates that the conclusion of "viable baby outside the womb" is not accurate.

I present this as an ongoing service to demonstrate mrgybe's eager willingness to believe the worst of anyone to the left of him, no matter what the facts. Let the consumer beware.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 5125

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--and what would you have had the FBI do? You seem to have no idea what civil liberties are actually protected under the Constitution. Did you pay any attention in high school civics? You aren't much of a libertarian, or coherent anything for that matter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrgybe



Joined: 01 Jul 2008
Posts: 2607

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, the always angry Berkeleyite scours the web and gets it wrong. This was my source

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/04/10/philadelphia-abortion-clinic-horror-column/2072577/

Hey, but if Gosnell's lawyer says his client did nothing wrong, it must be true........just like the internet where our angry poster gets most of his knowledge. Gosnell will be gratified by the support he is receiving from CA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2632

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
This was my source

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/04/10/philadelphia-abortion-clinic-horror-column/2072577/


And it says at the very top of that Web page: "This story is part of Columnists' Opinions."

Imagine that. Someone's opinion cited as fact.

"...just like the internet where our angry poster gets most of his knowledge..."

And who would that be?
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stevenbard



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 4048

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Bard--and what would you have had the FBI do? You seem to have no idea what civil liberties are actually protected under the Constitution. Did you pay any attention in high school civics? You aren't much of a libertarian, or coherent anything for that matter.


We didn't have to let him back into OUR COUNTRY. Even with the slightest suspicion we should turn everyone back. Let's be clear, there are hundreds of guys like this in our country. They beat their wives, they deal drugs, they hate America, and even post their hatered on Youtube. THEY ARE NOT CITIZENS. WE SHOULD HIT THE EJECT BUTTON ON THEM.

I do have Libertarian leanings, however, for OUR AMERICAN CITIZENS, Not newcomers who collect welfare and receive scholarships at the expense of Americans, who post hate, and who quite frankly come from Islamist (fundamentalist) background. It should be an honor to come to OUR COUNTRY. They should earn the right to be here.

When the nuke goes off in SF, will you finally hate these MF's? Aren't there enough good folks from Southern Africa, Latin America, and Asia who could pass the test?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 3512
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve....most of what you say is common sense. BUT, when you get to policy , you stumble badly. How should we run the FBI, and our profiling of people who may be bad dudes? do you really think we can legally keep people out without a record? On one hand, you think you are a libertarian, on the other, you want a police state....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 3512
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
This was my source

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/04/10/philadelphia-abortion-clinic-horror-column/2072577/


And it says at the very top of that Web page: "This story is part of Columnists' Opinions."

Imagine that. Someone's opinion cited as fact.

"...just like the internet where our angry poster gets most of his knowledge..."

And who would that be?
.

What a riot!!!!
No wonder there is no balance in Mr Gybe 's argument. Why bother even having a trial?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2632

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
It should be an honor to come to OUR COUNTRY. They should earn the right to be here.

And there, friends, is the textbook definition of jingoism.


boggsman1 wrote:
On one hand, you think you are a libertarian, on the other, you want a police state....

When dealing with Mr. B, think of him as a libertarian. When dealing with others, particularly foreigners and liberals, we should be a police state.
.


Last edited by pueno on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 5125

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never one to read for content, or to evaluate the credibility of a source in his eagerness to believe the worst, mrgybe is now touting USA TODAY as a particularly robust source of journalism. Especially over that questionable rag the New York Times. Mrgybe can't even remember my source, cited in my posting, as he sputters with rage and attributes it to the web.

Of course, the advocate for mrgybe's interpretation, and that of USA Today, was Priests of Life. If he had only checked..or if he had been clearer...

Folks in Berkeley are happy to correct the record.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 5125

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, if reading for understanding, mrgybe could have understood that the issue I raised was the conclusion of the judge, so at odds with the anti-abortion nuts, to wit:

Quote:
Here, the ruling of the judge reflects his perception of the facts and the law, and indicates that the conclusion of "viable baby outside the womb" is not accurate.


There is only a minor difference between the intentional liar, and those who are extraodrinarily careless with the facts in order to support their biases. Gosnell may yet be convicted--but facts actually matter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 59 of 138

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group