myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, always one to fan the flames and create a ugly picture righteously doing God's work. Working on being a preacher at the pew?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be absolutely clear then. You are not critical of the actions of the doctor in question? Live births were induced, in all likelihood, on hundreds of occasions. The babies were clearly alive and moving when they were delivered. Many, if not most, were at a stage of development that unquestionably could be sustained, but their lives were terminated by a pair of scissors being rammed into the back of their necks and the spinal cord severed resulting in some "squealing like aliens". And you think that someone who finds that sickening is attempting to "create a ugly picture righteously doing God's work". If you really believe that you are an amoral fool.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Anyone who can respond "too funny" when contemplating multiple babies having their spinal cords severed by scissors rammed through their necks, is certifiable.

and your post was too funny and had nothing to do with the subject....hahahahahaha

Here is your pathological post that shows a deeply sick individual in my opinion. This is what you posted to a serious issue. You have some Timmy boy, church shooter, doctor shooter issues is what I profile.

again here is your sicko nothing to do with the subject post crying for attention like a McVeigh type.
Quote:
Another example of government waste!! Why should taxpayers fund internet access fees and iWindsurf subscriptions for patients on psychiatric wards?

Now the issue of my post can you tell us by the right wing life at the splitting of a cell in a egg, how many murders in your life you are responsible for. Did you and your kind give these by your definition lives proper burials? did you get a death certificate every time? Did you call in your priest for a proper burial? Or did you flush them away? Again you can see how you and your kind are mass murderers by your own definition, and I have no problem with you being put on trial and when you admit to serial murders, then life in prison no parole or executed if you believe in the death penalty too.

Thanks for your honesty if you have any honesty. Looking to see if you admit now to being a serial murderer by your religious right wing definition or you are a hypocrite can not tell the truth. what you shall not lie? BS... lets see..
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
And you think that someone who finds that sickening is attempting to "create a ugly picture righteously doing God's work". If you really believe that you are an amoral fool.

I don't even need to see who you're referring to or exactly what they're saying to be certain I'd word it MUCH more strongly. "Amoral", to me, describes a human who cheats on a pop quiz or doesn't report a friend who cheats on his taxes. A dog would qualify, literally, as it has no system of morals or values; it literally knows no better.

These "people" know better, and just don't give a crap. That is below subhuman to me, probably lower than the Nazis gassing people just because of their religion, certainly lower than armed robbery, child molestation, and even just walking up to a stranger and shooting him dead. After all, those victims had lived part of their lives, had committed some sins against others, and in many cases could have fought back in some way.

Anyone who would condone the outright assassination of a clearly viable infant ... what's that mean? 8th month? 9th month? partial birth? ... just because that's what the mother wants is by ANY definition a murderer. The gray area ended back when that baby became likely to live a normal life if born then.

Science says the baby began at conception. Religions say a lot of things on this matter, about which I don't care much because I'm not religious. Obama's science czar writes that a child is just property, whose life is at the parents' whim, until it's two years old. Regardless of those disparities, anyone who would let the people you're addressing near their family, pets, office, or home is not being rational. People without a conscience should be denied the opportunity to harm others.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, society says a baby begins when a particular group wish to declare a baby exists. Not science.

What science says is that conception is the act of fertilization. At best, one can say that fertilized egg, still not a zygote, still not even divided, is a "potential" person. Yet, even after cell division, it has ZERO chance (or nearly none) of surviving let along developing to term unless it implants successfully on the uterine wall.

That's what science says.

Within that, people mistake emotion for science and, frankly, science for normative conclusion.

The live-birth abortions aside for a moment, I'd hope that people who believe for mostly religious reasons that human life in the normal sense of the word begins at conception understand they cannot employ science to decree a single cell a person. There's no shame in admitting it's a religious belief or perhaps a belief supported by other motivations, but calling it science doesn't make it so.

That's why the so-called personhood laws cause so much uproar. At the risk of being crass, we built our culture of laws around people who breath air. Declaring a zygote to have the same rights as anyone typing a keyboard causes enormous complication with other laws, such as those pertaining to manslaughter, negligence, tax and inheritance just to name a few. That's aside from the obvious constitutional problems.

Last edited by DanWeiss on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mrgybe, let's be absolutely clear about things.

Up front, I haven't read any of the news stories about the case that you're talking about. Yet, I am aware that there is a case in front of the court right now about a late term abortion. Nevertheless, I'm sure that the current one is not really much different than others in the past. The theme here is that interested parties are trying to leverage off this current "newsworthy" opportunity, so the supposed details are presented in the ugliest and most disgusting way to play the event fully for what it's worth. You're no different in your goals. In the classic mrgybe way, you use what you can here in an attempt to make your case. You certainly haven't disappointed us, particularly with the disdain boldly spewed out at me in your last post.

I made my earlier comment about this issue because both you and Bard are so righteous in your indignation when it comes to abortions. My point was that you would have had a big problem with the fact that abortions are performed at all, the current hoopla aside. This isn't the first time that you have gotten up on the soapbox here wanting to limit a woman's right to chose, to include other related topics. That's the truth of the matter, and you know it. Instead, you chose this opportunity to make things even uglier by suggesting that I'm an "amoral fool".

About the case in question, I'm willing to wait for the court's judgment, and I trust that it will determined based on law, the merit of the case against the defendant, and how well it's presented by the prosecution and defence. That's how things are supposed to be done. The case will not be decided based on your righteous antics here. I suggest you save your furvor for your flock.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan and SWC, We are talking about a living, breathing human being lying helplessly on a blood soaked table and being slaughtered by a "doctor" who has taken an oath to protect human life. Your efforts to rationalize that abhorrent behavior disgusts me.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Dan and SWC, We are talking about a living, breathing human being lying helplessly on a blood soaked table and being slaughtered by a "doctor" who has taken an oath to protect human life. Your efforts to rationalize that abhorrent behavior disgusts me.

Mrgybe, I'm glad you stand up for your convictions. I doubt there is anyone on this forum who'd condone this kind of barbaric atrocity if they saw it. So many things are done in sanitary basements and behind closed doors. No one wants to see the sausage made.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an atheist, may I point out that I too am appalled that severing the spinal cords of late term babies, which must clearly be alive and capable of feeling, (why else would they need 'killing'?) is permitted to take place.

To rationalise such a thing as 'a womans choice' is morally repugnant, and sick!
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One shouldn't have to witness the murder of a live baby outside the womb to realize it's not just heinous, but arguably the most despicable, heinous, subhuman crime one could commit.

Look ... I have no kids. I'm not personally interested in babies, and just don't get many people's fascination and obsession with them. But MURDERING one just because its mother wants it murdered after it is delivered? What act is worse, other than murdering many, as this doctor is accused of? On what planet does this guy, if guilty, deserve anything less than being tortured to death over a period of weeks or months?

And how is a state senator who lobbies for exactly that on his way to the White House ANY better?

I also have no objections to early abortions if not used often by the same woman in lieu of birth control. Sentience is definitely a factor for me even if the fetus reacts to stimuli. So sue me, Thumpers. But killing a live, delivered, viable, child is murder by any definition. Any other opinion is not an "opinion"; it's simply insanity coupled with an extreme God complex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 40 of 277

Jump to: