myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 222, 223, 224 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gee who did the fake news benifit? I wonder...

like the one the pope endorses trump, 1 million shares alone..

https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/viral-fake-election-news-outperformed-real-news-on-facebook?utm_term=.pek35mM1X#.rkqKvROBV

Viral Fake Election News Outperformed Real News On Facebook In Final Months Of The US Election
Quote:
A BuzzFeed News analysis found that top fake election news stories generated more total engagement on Facebook than top election stories from 19 major news outlets combined.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumps people of course do not fact check anything.... they do not care if they are spreading falsehoods and lies...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/11/17/facebook-fake-news-writer-i-think-donald-trump-is-in-the-white-house-because-of-me/?wpisrc=nl_evening&wpmm=1

Facebook fake-news writer: ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

Quote:
What do the Amish lobby, gay wedding vans and the ban of the national anthem have in common? For starters, they’re all make-believe — and invented by the same man.

Paul Horner, the 38-year-old impresario of a Facebook fake-news empire, has made his living off viral news hoaxes for several years. He has twice convinced the Internet that he’s British graffiti artist Banksy; he also published the very viral, very fake news of a Yelp vs. “South Park” lawsuit last year.

But in recent months, Horner has found the fake-news ecosystem growing more crowded, more political and vastly more influential: In March, Donald Trump’s son Eric and his then-campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, even tweeted links to one of Horner’s faux-articles. His stories have also appeared as news on Google.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see if this gets the light of day...

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/16/1600503/-China-to-Trump-There-is-no-climate-change-hoax-and-Ronald-Reagan-and-George-Bush-are-the-proof

China to Trump: There is no climate change hoax and Ronald Reagan and George Bush are the proof

Quote:

It seems like only yesterday we were laughing about this bananas statement by Donald Trump.

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.
12:15 PM - 6 Nov 2012
104,328 104,328 Retweets 65,737 65,737 likes

Now, of course, it is not so funny. Orange-hued imbecile Donald Trump is now orange-hued imbecile President-elect Donald Trump, and he has to actually help formulate policies with serious countries like China that affect the global economy and the environment. China has been diplomatic, saying they expect “smart” decisions to be made by a President Trump. Of course, being a touch less diplomatic, China’s Vice Foreign Minister Liu Zhenmin also had this to say:

“If you look at the history of climate change negotiations, actually it was initiated by the IPCC with the support of the Republicans during the Reagan and senior Bush administration during the late 1980s,” Liu told reporters during an hour-long briefing.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see if this right wing terrorist makes the headlines. A liberal doing anything like this certainly would...

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2016/11/17/charges-wasilla-man-threatened-to-blow-up-an-anchorage-planned-parenthood/

Charges: Wasilla man threatened to blow up an Anchorage Planned Parenthood clinic

Quote:
Wasilla resident Robert Joseph Klima, 52, stands accused of calling Planned Parenthood and threatening to blow up one of its Anchorage locations.

A one-count indictment handed up by an Anchorage grand jury Wednesday charges Klima with a single count of threatening telephone calls. The charge carries a maximum prison sentence of 10 years.

Prosecutors say Klima left three voicemail messages against the Planned Parenthood in Anchorage. The threats were left with a call center in Tacoma, Washington, on Nov. 6, according to charging documents.

"In the first voicemail message, Klima stated that if Planned Parenthood performed an abortion for another individual, Klima would 'treat you just as a murderer,' " prosecutors said.

Klima assured the nonprofit he knew how to carry out the destruction of the building, the charges say.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you imagine if a liberal yelled something like this about obama when he won, the right wing media would have it front pages.

Hey are all the right wingers on this forum accounted for? was this one of them?

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2016/11/17/florida-man-yells-i-voted-for-trump-at-black-starbucks-barista?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=articleblog&utm_campaign=rightrail&utm_content=TabbedPopularity

Florida man yells 'I voted for Trump' at black Starbucks barista
Quote:

A Florida man, who was allegedly angry because his coffee was taking too long, was caught on video calling a Miami area Starbucks barista "trash," and also informing the entire coffee shop that he voted for President-elect Donald Trump.

Jorge de Cárdenas posted the video to his Twitter account Wednesday afternoon, stating “#trump supporter in #miami @Starbucks attacks & threatens patrons & staff bc coffee took too long, blames anti-white “discrimination.”

In the video the sweater-vested man can be heard asking for his money back and yelling, “You’re trash,” to the female barista. “Cause I voted for Trump. Trump. You lost, now give me my money back. You’re garbage. You’re complete trash.”

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm is this front pages of the media?

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2016/11/15/study-links-floridas-stand-your-ground-law-to-homicide-increase

Study links Florida's Stand Your Ground law to homicide increase

Quote:
A recent study by the Journal of the American Medical Association shows a significant increase in homicides per month since Florida's controversial Stand Your Ground law was enacted in 2005.

The study looked at monthly homicide rates from 1999 to 2014. Prior to Stand Your Ground, Florida's monthly homicide rates by firearm was 0.29 deaths per 100,000, and after the law went into affect that number rose to

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gee right wing hero zimmerman calling someone a ni**er lover..... when upset... sounds like a right wing hero...

amazing how this did not make the national news front page...

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2016/11/11/george-zimmerman-cant-stop-getting-kicked-out-of-bars-in-sanford&utm_source=widget&utm_medium=articleblog&utm_campaign=endofarticle&utm_content=RelatedStories

George Zimmerman can't stop getting kicked out of bars in Sanford
Posted By Colin Wolf on Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 11:10 am

Quote:
Stop me if you've heard this one before, but George Zimmerman, best known for fatally shooting unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012, has done something incredibly shitty again.

According to WKMG, Zimmerman was kicked out the Corona Cigar Company in Sanford Wednesday evening, after acting belligerent and calling the bar’s manager, Angel Benitez, a "ni**er lover."

According to Benitez, she was trying to collect the group's bill, when Zimmerman snatched the credit card from her hand and began to yell, saying "I didn’t know you were a (racial expletive) lover."

When a Seminole County Sheriff's officer arrived at the scene Zimmerman claimed he was assaulted by a black man.

Benitez told WKMG this wasn't the first time she's had trouble with Zimmerman and that she also wants to have him banned.

It's worth noting that this isn't even the first time Zimmerman's been kicked out of a bar this year. Last August, Zimmerman was allegedly punched in the face for bragging about killing Trayvon Martin at Gator's Riverside Grille.

Correction: The Corona Cigar Company location is actually in neighboring Lake Mary, not Sanford. But still, come on...

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, once again if I owned the media the emails was a weeks worth of headline news. Why would a liberal who knew it was a nothing event put this much time into it..

But we learn they were the right wing medias focus.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/20/1602059/-Why-aren-t-we-protesting-the-mainstream-media

Quote:
From The Media Failed Americans This Election Season, by Eric Boehlert via HuffPost:

The latest data from television news analyst Andrew Tyndall confirms that broadcast network evening newscasts this year devoted nearly four times as much airtime to covering Hillary Clinton’s emails as they have spent covering all campaign policy initiatives from all candidates for the entire year: 125 minutes for emails, and 35 minutes for in-depth policy discussions on issues like terrorism, immigration, policing.

“When Gallup recently asked Americans to say what they recall reading or hearing about her, one word — ‘email’ — drowned out everything else,” according to Gallup’s Lydia Saad and Frank Newport.
The Comey letter was the subject of more than a week of breathless coverage across the cable news channels.
In the nine days following Comey’s announcement, “email” or “emails” was mentioned thousands of times on the three cable news channels, according to TVEyes.

Does that seem overly obsessive to anyone? Does that seem like a press corps blindly in search of a crime? Does that seem like a press corps that simply doesn’t like Hillary Clinton and applies different standards to covering “scandal” stories about her?
The above article was published on November 7th. A day before the U.S. elections.

The following excerpt is from an article similarly titled, The media has failed this nation, by Daily Kos’s own Frank Vyan Walton, published on this site on November 6th. Two days before the election (bolding is mine):

Under the Fairness Doctrine, facts were facts and opinions were opinions. During a news broadcast, what was presented for public consumption were. the. facts. No spin. No opinion. No gray area. No on the one hand this but on the other hand that. Once the factual reporting was done, if a corespondent wanted to offer an opinion or editorial on a particular subject it was marked and documented as such.

Now nothing is marked or identified as an opinion—because everything is a matter of opinion. Everything would now have to be marked as an “editorial” because that is almost all we actually see, and most of what we read. Everyone has an opinion, and figures that that opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s opinion of what facts matter and which facts don’t matter.

These are facts. The media has failed to present us with most of these facts, failed to highlight them and insist that they are. indeed. facts. And that is why this election is anywhere near close.

Sure, there’s plenty to argue about and I’m not about to proclaim that Hillary has done no wrong or that Trump can do no right. He does have some positive qualities and she does have some sketchy ones—but then that’s all a matter of opinion isn’t it?

America has to make a choice, and that choice should be made based on facts rather than dodgy, unsubstantiated opinions.
Well, we all know what happened since then, and Trump’s election is a direct result of our Fourth Estate being derelict in its duty to report the facts. The corporate, dollar-driven U.S. media of the 21st Century wanted a horse race, or else they wanted rock-bottom tax rates guaranteed under a President Trump; thanks to our mainstream media, our country will likely be plunged backwards into the early 20th (or even the 19th) Century in terms of policy, social contract, human rights, and basic human decency.

For the past week and a half, I’ve witnessed progressives, Democrats, liberals, Bernie supporters, Hillary supporters, Stein supporters, and other progressives/liberals turn against one another in a circular firing squad, pointing fingers at why we lost, why the Democratic Party failed us, why we failed each other. This misdirected ire is useless and unproductive. Attacking one another instead of the real culprits takes our eyes off the genuine enemies of our republic, and worse, it plays right into the puppetmasters’ hands.

Plus, the media’s already doing the dirty work of pinning the blame squarely on us. We’re “soul-searching.” “Jockeying” for our next leader. Yes, we’re the ones to blame for Trump’s win. The media is shaming us for doing everything in our power to stop a madman, yet failing to reach out to the poor, besieged, “angry white voter.” For propping up an unpopular career politician, who, in many Americans’ minds—again, no thanks to our stellar media—is just as bad as Trump.

And even in our grief, rightful anger, and peaceful protests, the media is failing us AGAIN.

All my parents tell me that they see on “the news” is that “the Democrats are rioting” and their “violence” is proof that we’re sore losers—and hey, Americans voted for Trump because they were unhappy with the way the country was going! (Yes, my parents actually told me that.)

Again, we can thank the media for tainting the minds of everyday Americans like my mom and dad, who now, apparently, lump their daughter (who, by the way, has regretfully NOT yet been able to make it to a protest due to work, children, church volunteer, and other commitments—but will on the 29th) in with the relative handful of anarchist agitators who are giving a bad name to the thousands of otherwise peaceful protesters across the nation. Even Congressman John Lewis is telling the peaceful to be peaceful, basically feeding into the media myth that we’re all rioters and criminals who “won’t accept” the election results.

And the media is freaking doing it again, as Laurence Lewis points out in Saturday’s piece titled, “The lights are blinking red.”:

Yesterday the President-Elect of the United States settled a massive fraud lawsuit, but last night his viciously homophobic and misogynistic Vice President-Elect got booed by a Broadway audience. Guess which the media are focusing on today?
Lewis then follows with a recap of Rolling Stone writer Tim Dickinson’s Tweetstorm about the sorry state of our media. His article points to this Tweetstorm, but here are a couple more gems from Dickinson:

Follow
Tim Dickinson @7im
32 Trump mentions (looking at mobile site). 0 news of president elect's $25 million fraud settlement https://twitter.com/7im/status/800030300487041024
10:40 AM - 19 Nov 2016
153 153 Retweets 133 133 likes
Follow
Tim Dickinson @7im
Seriously WaPo, where is the Trump U settlement coverage on your homepage rn? Cc @Sulliview @brianstelter @ErikWemple
10:37 AM - 19 Nov 2016
252 252 Retweets 409 409 likes
The media hasn’t (or haven’t, depending on how you treat the subject noun) simply failed us, past-tense. They’re still failing us. And they’ll continue to fail us.

If we let them.

The anti-Trump protests are doing little, in my opinion, except to express a common outrage, band together with like-minded people, and protest the results of an election that—despite people’s best efforts to persuade the Electoral College otherwise—is likely to be confirmed on December 19th and sealed into inauguration on January 20th.

In my opinion, we’re training our ire at the wrong target.

Peacefully and nonviolently, we need to get in front of every media outlet—and their cameras and their talking heads—from the major media centers in New York City and Atlanta to the myriad of affiliates in our own towns.

If the people in the media wonder what we’re protesting about, we’ll tell them we’re protesting them. Their misinformation. Their misleading the public for profit and sensationalism. Their compliance with the powerful and the privileged and the people who hold the keys to our country and think it’s their personal treasure chest. Their malfeasance in their duties at the expense of everyone else in the country who has to suffer from the wreckage. Their failure to tell the truth.

We’ll have plenty to protest against the Trump administration, I’m sure, after Mr. Trump puts his hand on the Bible in January so he and his lapdogs can piss on the Constitution.

But for now, we should protest the ones who got our country into this mess in the first place.

Make them put their cameras on us. Make them aim their scrutiny toward themselves.

Make them tell the truth.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/21/1602618/-MSNBC-host-Joe-Scarborough-has-been-advising-Trump-behind-the-scenes

Quote:
MSNBC host Joe Scarborough has been 'advising' Trump behind the scenes

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too funny government business emails are private, but hillarys privates one rightys say are not.

Mike Pence: My emails are secret, Hillary's aren't
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/22/1603135/-Mike-Pence-My-emails-are-secret-Hillary-s-aren-t

Quote:
Mike Pence's legal team argued Monday in an Indiana appellate court that the governor's emails should be secret from the public in a case involving his decision to hire outside counsel for a lawsuit blocking President Obama’s immigration actions.

During the campaign, Pence spent a lot of time stumping about releasing Hillary Clinton's emails and the need for transparency, but his emails are apparently a different matter entirely. His attorneys said the white paper received by Pence and more than two dozen other Republicans about a legal challenge to Obama's deportation relief program was protected by attorney-client privilege. One judge on the three-judge panel expressed skepticism on that point, writes Fatima Hussein:

Chief Judge [Nancy] Vaidik took issue with the fact that individuals outside the attorney-client relationship saw the paper.

"A white paper is being sent, and it's not a legal paper, it's a white paper, which is a government position paper, all right, number one," Vaidik said. "That concerns me."
Another judge also rejected the notion that the courts didn't have jurisdiction over executive branch redactions, though the Indiana Supreme Court did rule that legislative redactions are nonjusticiable.

"Isn't that the whole purpose of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 222, 223, 224 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 223 of 277

Jump to: