myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
I hear in the posted video:

"I was offered a full scholarship to West Point."

Isobars hears:

"In no transcript, book, speech (including yours), interview, dry or wet dream, or left or right wing media blurb I've ever seen or heard does Carson ever say or imply that WEST POINT offered him a scholarship."

Your own statement supports mine. He said "to" WP, not "by" WP. The difference is both obvious and HUGE.

What would your autobiography say decades later if several top-ranking executives of Trump Industries offered you a $10M signing bonus to come work for him? "Trump offered me $10M, but I chose medicine instead".

Words matter.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This nonsense issue is on par with the stunning revelation that Mitt Romney pulled a boy's hair at school 50 years previously........or put his dog on top of the car. The media coverage is an embarrassment. If only they had been as diligent when researching the current President. But then, of course, that would have been racist.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now comes mrgybe to defend the bigoted comments of Ben Carson and Donald Trump, making a peremptory challenge to those who find those comments racist and completely disqualifying as potential candidates. Be afraid, be very afraid. It matters little whether those comments come from true belief, or from a pandering to the whacky religious right. They are the very opposite of conservatism, betray no understanding of the fundamental underpinnings of this country, and are astonishingly dangerous.

Let's begin with Dr. Ben Headcasey. From the Guardian:

Quote:
The Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson has said no Muslim should be president of the United States of America.

and a bit further:

Quote:
Article VI of the US constitution states: “No religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.”

The first amendment to the constitution begins: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof …”

Doubling down, Dr. Headcasey claims that evolution is a creation of the devil:

Quote:
the theory Charles Darwin “came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary,” Satan, the Devil.

and the Pyramids were grain storehouses, not tombs.

And then neo-Know Nothing Donald Trump has made many racist accusations about immigrants. This article lists nine: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/9-outrageous-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-latinos_55e483a1e4b0c818f618904b

The most telling appears to be this, which demonstrates his inability to read an article or admit a mistake:

Quote:
When asked to provide evidence for his claim that Latino immigrants crossing the border were rapists on CNN's "The Situation Room," Trump told host Don Lemon he got his information from a Fusion article.

When Lemon corrected him -- explaining that article actually said 80 percent of women and girls from Central America are raped by human smugglers, gang members other migrants or government authorities while immigrating to the U.S. -- Trump shot back dismissing the victims and suggesting Latino immigrants were the ones raping the victims.

It matters not at all whether Carson and Trump actually believe the nonsense they spout, or whether their supporters like mrgybe believe it. Ben Carson is willing to impose his own radical Christian views, a uniquely American caliphate, based on his beliefs rather than his understanding of the world.

Racist and dangerous--and supported by Republicans. And those who describe the important role of the press, in identifying when politicians are lying or crazy--as nonsense, are equally dangerous.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
This nonsense issue is on par with the stunning revelation that Mitt Romney pulled a boy's hair at school 50 years previously........or put his dog on top of the car.

Well, it DOES go to credibility, which is Carson's AND THE MEDIA'S primary claim to fame. Funny how the emergent facts support Carson's credibility and completely destroy his accusers'.

My dogs would LOVE riding on top of the car. We have to roll up the windows enough to let them stick only their heads and necks outside at freeway speeds even when it's snowing or raining. I plan to mount a Lexan deflector in front of "their" window to protect their eyes.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
This nonsense issue is on par with the stunning revelation that Mitt Romney pulled a boy's hair at school 50 years previously........or put his dog on top of the car. The media coverage is an embarrassment. If only they had been as diligent when researching the current President. But then, of course, that would have been racist.

he did not pull a boys hair, you are so friggen stupid it is amazing. He and his friends held him down while rommy shaved the hair off the kid.

and that by itself would not matter but when you add in more and more, it is. does give your the elitist pattern of privilege that he believed in.

The dog one is only worthy by what his reaction to it was at the time.

agin the best one was while he was telling the truth behind closed doors. What we know the right wingers say in the presence of other right wingers.

again they went after Kerry for re-inlisting in the military to then go to the front lines. When he had honorably finished a complete tour in the region, just not front lines. Now he wanted to be front lines.

they went after Clinton day one

they went after Gary Hart and sat in his bushes peeping in the windows so to speak.

mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Now comes mrgybe to defend the bigoted comments of Ben Carson and Donald Trump

You need to get professional help. Another complete fabrication. Please apologize.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a thread about the lies and lack of qualifications of Ben Carson, mrgybe, who insists ad nauseum that the GOP clowns are highly qualified, says:

Quote:

Now he wants an apology. Apparently he only wanted to leap to the defense of Ben's lies, not his qualifications or his bigoted statements. Alternatively, he just wanted to attack the liberal press, who are clearly wrong when they accuse anybody but a Clinton of a lie....

Sorry mrgybe, if you want to make such fine distinctions and then demand apologies from those who read your comment as yet another defense of the leading Republicans, you are going to have to make those distinctions clear, and take responsibility for the clarity of your communications. Here's when I think those two things will happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KapeYKzW14o
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with half a brain knows that my comment was a direct response on the West Point 'controversy". Mac is not man enough to apologize, but rather doubles down and with his usual weasel words, tells us that my comment was "a defense of the leading Republicans". I would have thought that even the lefties here would be tired of his incessant lying.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are distinguishing between Carson's lies, which you defend, and his crazy and bigoted comments? Defending only the former?

When hell freezes over, for those too eager to click.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
I would have thought that even the lefties here would be tired of his incessant lying.

(Wiping tears from my eyes) .. That was a good 'un, Sr Gybe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 184 of 277

Jump to: