myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notice how the right wing media did not play up a connection of the hate talk by right wing media and these actions like I do all the time. But the right wing media is doing it about this NY shooting of two police officers. And where were those Nevada officers unions farting at the right wing gov of Nevada for allowing the right wing hate up in the Cliven Bundy area. Where was the right wing indignation of that event. and even the shooting of the two policemen there in vegas by the Bundy co-hort haters. again where was the police union and officers farting in that right wing Governors face. and more...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/22/1353667/-How-many-days-did-the-TeaParty-cease-activies-after-their-supporters-Killed-Cops?detail=email

How many days did the #TeaParty "cease protest activities" after their supporters Killed Cops?

Quote:
The white supremacist charged with the deadly shooting at the national Holocaust museum last year originally wanted to kill White House senior adviser David Axelrod, Time magazine reported Thursday.
James von Brunn, who died in January in a prison hospital awaiting trial, reportedly viewed Axelrod as a priority target who was easier to reach than President Obama.

"Obama was created by Jews," he wrote, according to Time. "Obama does what his Jew owners tell him to do."

Quote:

So just who might be responsible for sowing the seeds of Hate against President Obama and his advisors?
Perhaps the same people who inspired James David Addkisson to "Kill Liberals" at the Knoxville Unitarian Church.

Police found right-wing political books, brass knuckles, empty shotgun shell boxes and a handgun in the Powell home of a man who said he attacked a church in order to kill liberals "who are ruining the country," court records show.
Knoxville police Sunday evening searched the Levy Drive home of Jim David Adkisson after he allegedly entered the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church and killed two people and wounded six others during the presentation of a children's musical.

Adkisson targeted the church, Still wrote in the document obtained by WBIR-TV, Channel 10, "because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of media outlets."

Inside the house, officers found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by radio talk show host Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by talk show host Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by television talk show host Bill O'Reilly.

When California Highway Patrol officers stopped him on an interstate in Oakland for driving erratically, Byron Williams, wearing body armor, fired at police with a 9mm handgun, a shotgun and a .308-caliber rifle with armor-piercing bullets, Oakland police say. Shot and captured after injuring two officers, Williams, on parole for bank robbery, told investigators that he wanted "to start a revolution" by "killing people of importance at the Tides Foundation and the ACLU," according to a police affidavit. His mother, Janice, told the San Francisco Chronicle that her son had been watching television news and was upset by "the way Congress was railroading through all these left-wing agenda items."

The suspects were carrying three guns when they killed two police officers who were having lunch, police said. The firearms — a Smith & Wesson 9 mm, a Ruger .38-caliber revolver and a Winchester 1300 12-gauge pump-action shotgun with a pistol grip — were later recovered.
After killing officers Alyn Beck and Igor Soldo at a pizzeria, the pair stripped them of their weapons and ammunition. They left a swastika, a Revolutionary War-era “Don’t Tread On Me” flag and a note proclaiming, “The revolution is beginning,” on the fallen officers.

In the aftermath of the killings, it was discovered that Jared Miller railed against the government on social media posts, had a rap sheet dating back to at least 2000 and was a supporter of controversial Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy.

Oh, here's one other thing that Addkisson said.
Adkisson told Still that "he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them in to office."

Last edited by real-human on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media Duplicity in NYC and Las Vegas Police Ambushes

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/22/1353610/-Media-Duplicity-in-NYC-and-Las-Vegas-Police-Ambushes?detail=email

Quote:
I don’t remember the same outrage and blaming of politicians and protesters back in June when two “Patriots” left the Bundy Battlefield and ambushed and killed two Las Vegas police officers.

This is my first diary, I been visiting DKos daily for a quite a while, but never posted a diary before. Also, my time is limited, so I may not be able to keep up with comments, but I'll try.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fox gets caught manipulating the recording to lie. How many were fired? None...

"Go Kill a Cop" chant a Fake!- Duplicitous Editing Job by Fox Affiliate

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/22/1353665/--Go-Kill-a-Cop-chant-a-Fake-Duplicitous-Editing-Job-by-Fox-Affiliate?detail=email
Quote:

Remember the march to protest police brutality in Washington DC?
Remember the outrage on right wing radio and news outlets picked up a chant saying clear as day- " Kill a Cop"? I had my Facebook timeline filled with outrage after the New York shootings linking the double police homicide with the "evil" chants from Washington DC.

Fake....

Fake and Fake

Baltimore Fox Affiliate Fox 45 Took the audio of the chanting and made a cut to make it seem like protesters were chanting "Kill a Cop".

Baltimore’s Fox affiliate desperately wanted to portray an anti-police brutality rally as a pro-police killing one, but they ran into a problem. No one they encountered wanted to see police murdered. Rather than drop the story, Fox went ahead and deceptively edited the footage they got to make it seem as if protesters were chanting “Kill a cop.” That’s what passes for journalism over at Fox.
The rally in question, held in Washington, D.C. and called the “National ‘Justice For All’ March,” was broadcast on C-SPAN. At one point in the video, a rally organizer can be heard chanting “We won’t stop. We can’t stop. Until the killer cops. Are in cell blocks.”

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see if the so called liberal press points this out to americans,

the USA just fell 13 spots in freedom of the press. we are now number 46 out of 180. Not too good... Not even in the top 20% of the world, very sad....

http://rsf.org/index2014/en-index2014.php#

Biggest rises and falls in the 2014 World Press Freedom Index

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Where is the media showing this... Reply with quote

again if i owned the media i would certainly put this front page...

this is a former right wing religious hater that has come clean... I only copied his exact words from the article. again if any liberal owned the media they would post this front page.... specially considering his take on the racist right wing party racism

Confessions of a One-Time Religious Right Icon

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/25/1354077/-Confessions-of-a-One-Time-Religious-Right-Icon?detail=email#

Confessions of a One-Time Religious Right Icon

Quote:
The leaders of the new religious right were gleefully betting on American failure. If secular, democratic, diverse and pluralistic America survived, then wouldn’t that prove that we were wrong about God only wanting to bless “Christian America?” If, for instance, crime went down dramatically in New York City, for any other reason than a reformation and revival, wouldn’t that make the prophets of doom look silly? And if the economy was booming without anyone repenting, what did that mean?
What began to bother me was that so many of our new “friends” on the religious right seemed to be rooting for one form of apocalypse or another. In the crudest form this was part of the evangelical fascination with the so-called end times. The worse things got, the sooner Jesus would come back. But there was another component. The worse everything got, the more it proved that America needed saving, by us! Plus, it was good for fundraising.

Some 30 years later, what we helped start continues (I'm sorry!). With the Republicans in control of the House and Senate the question arises, again: where does the American far right find the energy to oppose everything and everyone again and again?There does come a time when force, even physical force, is appropriate. A true Christian in Hitler’s Germany and in the occupied countries should have defied the false and counterfeit state. This brings us to a current issue that is crucial for the future of the church in the United States, the issue of abortion. It is time we consciously realize that when any office commands what is contrary to God’s law it abrogates its authority. And our loyalty to the God who gave this law then requires that we make the appropriate response in that situation.In other words, Dad’s followers were told that (1) force is a legitimate weapon to use against an evil government; (2) America was like Hitler’s Germany — because of legal abortion and of the forcing of “humanism” on the population — and thus intrinsically evil; and (3) whatever would have been the “appropriate response” to stop Hitler was now appropriate to do here in America to stop our government, which Dad had just branded a “counterfeit state.”
Is it any wonder that the (mostly) evangelicals running the far-right Republican Party these days see themselves as the children of a revolution? This is ISIS minus the beheadings, but the vibe is the same. Shutting down the government was nothing to these people. They see our government as the enemy, and they are running it.

As I said, in the 1970s we were outsiders asking for change. The change came and now people as demented as I was are running the show.This zealous negativity has a long history. The 1970s Evangelical anti-abortion movement that Dad (Evangelical leader Francis Schaeffer), C. Everett Koop (who would be Ronald Reagan’s surgeon general) and I helped create seduced the Republican Party. We turned it into an extremist far-right party that is fundamentally anti-American. There would have been no Tea Party without the foundation we built.
The difference between now and then is that back then we were religious fanatics knocking on the doors of normal political leaders. Today the fanatics are the political leaders.

You can’t understand why the GOP was so successful in winning back both houses of congress in 2014, and wrecking most of what Obama has tried to do, unless you understand what we did back then.Mark my words, the subtext to the GOP assault on us in 2016 will be religious extremism — again. And now it has a racist twist. Look at the right’s reaction to the events in Ferguson. Look at the continuing anti-Obama ugliness far past mere political difference. For the Republicans the next election won’t be about politics. it will be a holy war — again.

nw30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of the latest from the Daily Kos, how delightful, and on your anti-liberal media thread, how ironic.
If I were living in Baja, I'd be wanting to get away from all this political crap, it would be one of my reasons for living there.
You are kind of like the kid who hated his school, so you wouldn't go there, but you have to stay close by just so you could throw rocks thru the windows every day.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
More of the latest from the Daily Kos, how delightful, and on your anti-liberal media thread, how ironic.
If I were living in Baja, I'd be wanting to get away from all this political crap, it would be one of my reasons for living there.
You are kind of like the kid who hated his school, so you wouldn't go there, but you have to stay close by just so you could throw rocks thru the windows every day.

yes one must go to very obscure sites to find someone who will print the exact words from a former religious right fanatic, who got a real conscience and has come clean about the hate of the religious right.

Just like David Brock who was one of the highest paid right wingers in the media who also got a conscience and came clean about the hate of the right wingers in the media.

Or even another one confessions of an economic it man. another former highly paid right winger that got a conscience.

Or even Lee Atwater another top right winger, was head of the RNC and he got a conscience and spilled the beans on the right wing haters.

But my point again is you do not find these people in the front pages of the major media do ya. I would have a monthly reminder of these people who were top paid or placed right wingers.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting perspective on the corporate owned media.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/28/1354466/-Did-he-slip-up-Chuck-Todd-speaks-a-truth-that-Americans-must-understand-when-watching-the-news?detail=email

Quote:
Chuck Todd had a very interesting segment featuring comedians Lewis Black, W. Kamau Bell, and Laura Krafft. He was trying to examine the influence and impact of comedians in the body politic.
"I think when people watch Jon Stewart or John Oliver they feel like they at least are getting that person's perspective," Bell said. "But I don't think people believe with the news, I think they feel like they are, you know, you are getting a corporation's perspective. You are not getting that individual's perspective."

Todd then asked if the comedians should be held responsible for American cynicism. In other words, should these comedians be held responsible for the feelings Americans have (know) that government is broken. He references an article that pretty much attempted to take down Jon Stewart and The Daily Show.

Lewis Black said that part of the cynicism is a great feeling of disenfranchisement felt by most Americans. He said he was surprised over the last 25 years that Americans were more angry than he was. He stated correctly that like Hollywood, Washington politicians live in a bubble. Lewis Black had a backhanded stab at Chuck Todd and the traditional mainstream media news that caused Chuck Todd to tell an inconvenient truth. "I have watched you and everybody else where somebody comes on," Black said. "I don't know how you do it. Because I would be barking at them. Because they sit there and go 'glib glib [blah blah]' and you sit there."

Todd then interjected. "We all sit there because we all know the first time we bark is the last time we do the show. ... All of a sudden, no one will come on your show."

Bell came in with an interesting point. He said that many times the traditional mainstream media uses the comedian's satire to say what they dare not say. In effect, comedians get to bark. He points out an interesting exception. "The weird thing is that Fox News also gets to bark," Bell said "And I think sometimes the left-leaning media is afraid of barking."

In other words, if you are touting the narrative of the plutocracy, rules do not apply to you. It is imperative that Americans understand how to process our so called news in the context of what the talking heads are allowed to say. We will make better electoral decisions then.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

again if I owned the media as a liberal I would slam the largest media owner in the US and world. Thats what you do to earn more money.

I would plaster this all over the media to shame those who believe Fox is media vss an offshoot of the right wing partisan trust fund kid owner who made his money by changing his fathers serious newspapers into enquirers.

Fox is nothing but a enquirer type trash. again largest media owner in the world. Yep where is that liberal media... oh ya, the right wingers that own the media and business are such victims.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/13/928455/-CONFIRMED-New-Study-Proves-That-Fox-News-Makes-You-Stupid?detail=email

CONFIRMED: New Study Proves That Fox News Makes You Stupid

Quote:
This study corroborates a previous PIPA study that focused on the Iraq war with similar results. And there was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll that demonstrated the break with reality on the part of Fox viewers with regard to health care. The body of evidence that Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine dedicated to lies is growing by the day.

In eight of the nine questions below, Fox News placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP). That's a pretty high batting average for journalistic fraud. Here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just aint so:

91% believe that the stimulus legislation lost jobs.
72% believe that the health reform law will increase the deficit.
72% believe that the economy is getting worse.
60% believe that climate change is not occurring.
49% believe that income taxes have gone up.
63% believe that the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts.
56% believe that Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout.
38% believe that most Republicans opposed TARP.
63% believe that Obama was not born in the US (or that it is unclear).

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

again if the media was as partisan as fox but liberal where is the media putting this racist moron on the front page for being a top republican and also showing that the republicans do not condone his hate. again where is the RNC coming out and demanding he get out of the right wing party?

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/contributors/2015/01/11/dave-agema-gop-republicans/21530317/

Quote:
One of the fundamentals of politics is that it is the art of addition, not subtraction. Unfortunately, Republican National Committeeman Dave Agema of Michigan has not learned this lesson, as his continued sharing of homophobic, xenophobic and racist propaganda persists in creating an open wound for the GOP that will not heal until changes are made.

In a recent posting to Facebook, Agema reposted an essay from the May 9 edition of American Renaissance, a white supremacist newsletter claiming "blacks are different by almost any measure to all other people. They cannot reason as well. They cannot communicate as well. They cannot control their impulses as well. They are a threat to all who cross their paths, black and non-black alike."

Agema has taken down the post. But this is not the first, second, or even the third time Agema has associated himself with outrageous, reprehensible and indefensible diatribes. After his previous episodes, many Michigan Republicans, myself included, called for his resignation and urged him to voluntarily step down for the good of the party, which is sincerely attempting to reach out to the very demographic groups that Agema has chosen to attack.

Unfortunately, Agema has refused to step aside and continues his offensive behavior. However, because no provision for his forced removal is readily available, it is hoped by some that if the GOP just ignores him, he will go away. But it should come as no surprise that this strategy of containment has failed once more and that this serial offender has struck again.

So what is the Republican Party to do about Agema now? Sadly, there is still a small but vocal faction that sticks by Agema in spite of his repeated broadsides against group after group. They claim he is being "taken out of context" or that he is somehow being unfairly mischaracterized for his sincerely held conservative beliefs. Utter nonsense.

Now we see that France goes after hate speech..

Quote:
54 arrested in France for hate speech..
A total of 54 people have been arrested in France for "defending or glorifying" terrorism. The Daily Beast's Christopher Dickey and Leela Jacinto of France 24 join to discuss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 150 of 277

Jump to: