myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead, what you say is spot on in my view. However, I would add that in addition to what the government might of had to pay for the uninsured, average Americans with insurance also had to pay for the uninsured in the form of higher insurance rates and higher health care costs, and even now they still do.

Republicans in the new congress will be on the hook to improve the ACA, because they can't go back to the way things were. Anyone with half a brain knows that. They simply can't allow insurance companies to go back to a time where they could deny or cancel policies to folks with a health condition. What they should do is go with a Medicare type system for everyone, but we all know that health insurance companies won't allow them to do that. The Republicans are caught between a rock and a hard place. For the party that preaches that folks should assume responsibility for themselves, how far can they run away from the ACA mandate? Realistically, they can't deny folks healthcare that can't or won't pay for health insurance.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNBC financial anchor reporter and analyst Melissa Francis, Harvard Economics major and executive editor of the Harvard College Economist Magazine, ran the numbers -- no politics, just mathematics -- on the ACA a few years ago. Bottom line: no way can it save money, nor can we all keep our doctors or our plans. The math just isn't there. As a finance anchor, she announced that on air.

She was immediately reprimanded by the CNBC management because her mathematical FACTS "disrespected the Office of the President."

CNBC does not deny it. When pressed, they merely said they need more comedy writers ... on NBC's FINANCE network.

She moved to the Fox Business Network, which actually welcomes politics-free financial analysis and news.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me bring the facts to the story above. Melissa Francis stated this AFTER she went to FOXBIZNEWS, and CNBC vigorously defended itself, and said the story is completely false. She has her own show on FOXBIZNEWS.. You do the math.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

She moved to the Fox Business Network, which actually welcomes politics-free financial analysis and news.

No.

Fox welcomes all things anti-Obama.

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Let me bring the facts to the story above. Melissa Francis stated this AFTER she went to FOXBIZNEWS [Um, yes ... CNBC had already showed their cards; no point beating THAT horse again.], and CNBC vigorously defended itself [no, it did not. It merely tried to denigrate her personally. We saw the CNBC response.], and said the story is completely false [No, it did not.]. She has her own show on FOXBIZNEWS.. You do the math. [That insinuation is ignorant bias, not math.]
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
coboardhead, what you say is spot on in my view. However, I would add that in addition to what the government might of had to pay for the uninsured, average Americans with insurance also had to pay for the uninsured in the form of higher insurance rates and higher health care costs, and even now they still do.

Republicans in the new congress will be on the hook to improve the ACA, because they can't go back to the way things were. Anyone with half a brain knows that. They simply can't allow insurance companies to go back to a time where they could deny or cancel policies to folks with a health condition. What they should do is go with a Medicare type system for everyone, but we all know that health insurance companies won't allow them to do that. The Republicans are caught between a rock and a hard place. For the party that preaches that folks should assume responsibility for themselves, how far can they run away from the ACA mandate? Realistically, they can't deny folks healthcare that can't or won't pay for health insurance.

Agree with this. It is frustrating to see the Republican leadership continue to pander to a base that seems to believe that winning this victory by defeating Obamacare is 1. feasible and 2. would result in any fiscal savings and 3. would be supported by insurance and providers. None of which could be realized. The providers, although frustrated by the implementation, are moving forward with changing delivery models. SOME insurance companies are responding responsibly and efficiently to the changes.

I am waiting for a comprehensive analysis from someone here on how the program could be dismantled without chaos.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Let me bring the facts to the story above. Melissa Francis stated this AFTER she went to FOXBIZNEWS [Um, yes ... CNBC had already showed their cards; no point beating THAT horse again.], and CNBC vigorously defended itself [no, it did not. It merely tried to denigrate her personally. We saw the CNBC response.], and said the story is completely false [No, it did not.]. She has her own show on FOXBIZNEWS.. You do the math. [That insinuation is ignorant bias, not math.]
really do you even have a clue to who is on in the morning on CNBC and he has 3 hours of time. a former elected ultra partisan right wing hack. and he has been on longer than any partisan liberal on any show on any network in the history of mankind... before the dinosaur age. again show me one liberal that has ever been on any network for 3 hours a day with their own show. In the history of mankind.

And then we have many other shows in all other networks, gee can you give me the names of the ultra partisan liberals on those that get an hour to 3...

boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I thought I was plunked,,,oh well. I ve been watching CNBC for 20 years, daily . Its on in my office. CNBC has no agenda, 70% of its viewers are Repubs, and most of the commentators are righty's..which makes sense for a stock market/business network. FBN has hired many commentators from CNBC, most who are raging righty lunatics, like Eric Bolling, Maria Bartiromo, and Charlie Gasparino. And a couple sane apolitacal commentators like Melissa Francis, and Liz Claman. I doubt CNBC would bottle up anyone, Its not like them . However, If I had my own show on Fox, which is getting crushed by CNBC, maybe I would stir up the pot!!!especially after Gruber. do the math !!!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there ANY wonder why I refuse to debate with these lefties? Every attempt at it evokes nothing but evasion and fabrication. It's pointless. I don't know whether to admire or pity mrgybe, NW30, Bard, Techno, et.al. for their perseverance.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"CNBC financial anchor reporter and analyst Melissa Francis, Harvard Economics major and executive editor of the Harvard College Economist Magazine, ran the numbers -- no politics, just mathematics -- on the ACA a few years ago. Bottom line: no way can it save money, nor can we all keep our doctors or our plans. The math just isn't there. As a finance anchor, she announced that on air.

She was immediately reprimanded by the CNBC management because her mathematical FACTS "disrespected the Office of the President."

CNBC does not deny it. When pressed, they merely said they need more comedy writers ... on NBC's FINANCE network."

Leave to isobars to omit any real facts. Where are the detail results of Francis' study? Have they been published and subject to peer review? Where are CNBC's official statements regarding Francis' reprimand?

I guess he thinks that we will just accept his first and third sentences without question. It is no big surprise that he doesn't get any respect here posting partisan nonsense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 148 of 277

Jump to: