myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, so liberal folks band together and share. Why is that a big surprise and real noteworthy? The way that I look at it, I judge all journalists based on their research and work.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
bajadean and mac, it's good to see you guys back together again.

See, I'm a uniter not a divider.
troll post... I guess we can say you are more of a troll now......... I call them as I see them.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/lies.htm
Quote:
During the Gulf War of 1991, General Electric owned NBC. General Electric was one of the world's largest defense contractors, contributing to nearly every weapons system deployed in the Gulf War. The gushing coverage given to America's "smart bombs," Patriot Missiles, Tomahawks and the like, when presented on NBC, was admiring its owner's handiwork. The NBC president killed a story that even Tom Brokaw wanted aired about the "collateral" damage that the U.S. bombing inflicted onto Iraq's civilian population. Those conflicts of interest pervade America’s mainstream media.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good example of how a major paper that use to have a bit of a liberal slant that was recently purchased by a partisan right winger.

This article is very poor. When you point out over a billion is going to be spent, a liberal is going to show us the numbers to be precise as possible. It is obvious that to show where the country is being bought you want to list the total by which side is spent.

Also they do not inform us on very important details, is this money counted in campaign spending by party. Which I do not think so.

Anyway they do show that oil companies paid $170 per vote in Alaska. They did not give us the largest liberal spend per vote for a comparison.

again I think we can see more of this poor journalism on the so called liberal media owned by a right winger.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/08/27/ballot-initiatives-become-pricey-playgrounds-for-corporations-and-political-parties/

Ballot initiatives become pricey playgrounds of parties and corporations
Quote:

PUEBLO, Colo. — In a midterm election season when control of the United States Senate hangs in the balance, Democrats are increasingly turning to ballot measures to get otherwise reluctant voters to the polls.

Big Business is, too: Some of the most expensive races in the country this year will be ballot measures written by, and for, major corporations. Some the hardest-fought ballot battles of 2014 won’t involve candidates at all. They’ll be questions that come with big implications for corporate bottom lines — or promise big benefits to political strategists, especially Democrats, looking to drive turnout for other races.

For the first time in history, spending on the approximately 125 ballot questions facing voters in 41 states is likely to top $1 billion in campaign spending this year — and perhaps much more: Oil and gas companies in Alaska spent more than $170 for every vote they won in a successful campaign to reject higher taxes earlier this month.

Some of the issues involved are intensely local. Maine voters will be asked whether to ban the use of bait, dogs or traps in bear hunting, for the second time. Mississippi voters will decide on a constitutional amendment to guarantee the right to hunt and fish.

But state-level iterations of major national questions will grace the ballot in a string of competitive states this fall. And perhaps nowhere is their influence more keenly felt than here in Colorado.

nw30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post this for two reasons:
A) I just love to see liberal journalists get their painties in a wad. And
2) I added the link (as usual) but so that you can read the comments, they are classic, maybe even better than the news story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brokaw, execs fuming over NBC chief’s remark

By Emily Smith

August 26, 2014 | 10:10pm

NBC News president Deborah Turness had to apologize after infuriating top execs and talent by announcing the network news organization had been asleep for 15 years.

Turness, who came to the job from Britain’s ITV News one year ago, dropped the tactless clanger in a New York Times interview on Sunday, saying, “NBC News hadn’t kept up with the times in all sorts of ways, for maybe 15 years . . . I think the organization had gone to sleep.”

Sources tell us Tom Brokaw, managing editor and anchor of NBC’s “Nightly News” from 1982 until 2004, Turness’ predecessor Steve Capus (NBC News president from 2005 to 2013 and now executive producer of “CBS Evening News”) and CNN chief Jeff Zucker “are apoplectic” over Turness’ remark.

One network insider fumed, “Turness is making enemies. Her ‘asleep’ comment is incredibly disrespectful to many of NBC’s top journalists, especially Tom Brokaw and Brian Williams, and her predecessors Steve Capus, Andy Lack, Neal Shapiro and Jeff Zucker.”

Another NBC source added, “The comment caused uproar inside NBC. Several people inside NBC News, including execs who report to Turness, complained. It offended everybody who preceded Turness as far back as Neal Shapiro.”

We’re told Turness was forced to send out apologetic e-mails to staff addressing her comment.

The source added, “It’s astonishing that she seems to have discounted 15 years of robust success before she arrived. Even Brian and Matt Lauer, who were forced to heap praise on Turness in the story, are privately concerned about the direction NBC News might take. There is talk of layoffs. This notion she is swooping in from England to save a snoozing news organization is simply wrong.”

Reps for NBC, Capus and Zucker didn’t get back to us.

For the comments~
http://pagesix.com/2014/08/26/tom-brokaw-execs-fuming-over-nbc-chiefs-remark/
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree the main NBC network is horrible, I would fire all of them. and move the MSNBC all to the prime positions.

again GE a defense contractor, medical, financial owns NBC. does anyone think a defense contractor is going to allow their flagship media to be liberal. If so do you drink the happy coolaid of Jim Jones.

GE after 9-11 fired their highest rated MSNBC host Phil Donahue for being their only liberal on the network at the time. He did not even have a partisan show.

ABC fired Bill Mahr whos ratings were going off the chart shortly after 9-11. What liberal would ever fire Bill Mahr.

here is a harris poll of the most liked in the media. Amazing how Diane Sawyer (A Nixon writer spokesperson) is the most liked in the news by dems and independents.

For me not one on that list till Rachel Maddow are any good, Barbara Walters is ok and diane Sawyer is ok but not in my top ten list.. Anderson Cooper who worked for the CIA is number 2, come on liberals.... he is awful.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/NewsRoom/HarrisPolls/tabid/447/ctl/ReadCustom%20Default/mid/1508/ArticleId/971/Default.aspx

Quote:
Diane Sawyer, Anderson Cooper and Brian Williams are America's Favorite News Personalities
Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and Nancy Grace are least favorite

NEW YORK , N.Y. - February 27, 2012 - Decades ago there were just a few names that dominated the news world. Everyone knew who Walter Conkrite, David Brinkley and Chet Huntley were. And, the odds were good it was one of those men who gave people their evening dose of national and world news. Today, that is not the case. Yes, there are still the big three anchors, but there are also the multitude of news personalities on all the various cable stations and even a radio personality who transcends many of his brethren on television. Many of these individuals can cause either a positive or negative reaction.

Looking at a list of 26 current affairs personalities, when asked which three are their favorites, almost one-quarter say ABC News' Diane Sawyer (23%), while one in five each say CNN's Anderson Cooper (19%) and NBC's Brian Williams (19%). Rounding out the top five favorite current affairs personalities is Bill O'Reilly (15%) and Barbara Walters (15%). A little further down the list are George Stephanopoulos (14%), Matt Lauer (13%), Katie Couric (13%), Rush Limbaugh (9%) and Sean Hannity (9%).

lets face it none of these in the above media are a Dan Rather.

Again Dan Rather was removed by CBS for telling the truth that is how right wing CBS is. Why would a liberal remove him for telling the truth about Bush. Again the items in the documents could not have been made up by a person who did not know what was going on they all fit the timeline perfectly and the living people noted these issues were discussed about Bush. How could you make up information that was true. Even Bushes father former attorney general of the USA could not say the information in the documents was not true. He concluded wrongly CBS should not have aired them? what the fruck... he could not prove Bush was not AWOL and the documents did and it should not be aired...

http://parade.condenast.com/27974/kevinsessums/0225-diane-sawyer-talks-nixon/
Quote:
In the Web exclusive below, Diane Sawyer opens up about the memories she has of her former boss, President Richard Nixon. Sawyer served as a press aide in the former president’s administration from 1970 through his resignation in 1974. She also spent time with Nixon at his compound in San Clemente, Calif., helping him to write his memoirs.

President Richard Nixon Shaking Hands with White House Staff Member Diane Sawyer in China, 02/26/1972
http://media.nara.gov/presidential-libraries/nixon/194277/WHPO_C8633-13.jpg

BTW kudos for her firing David last week on meet the press he was awful.

Last edited by real-human on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, BTW your source, a paper that to my knowledge has never turned a profit owned by tabloid starter Ruppy murdoch from australia and is one...

again ruppy a trust fund kid took his fathers real paper and made bank by making it a enquirer rag. you know those two headed people and spacecraft landing sleaze reporters paparazzi ones...

too funny that they are slamming their competition...

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the above ballot initiatives I posted are estimated in the next election to spend 1 billion dollars.

Now I have proof that total is not counted as political spending as I suspected.

Here is an article about dark money in the next election that is setting records for spending so far. And they open secrets.org keeps a tab on spending on elections. And they believe this election may set a record with one billion spent. So if the ballot initiatives are themselves a billion obviously they are mutually exclusive.

Imagine that no media is bring this issue to the front and center, and no reporter I have seen when discussing dark money adds in the even darker money of of the ballot intititives. Not to mention as I infer the commercials by oil and healthcare about how many jobs they provide which I believe are political and there are many more of those than the quote real political adds it may be about 4 billion spent to buy their free speech that is now to expensive for the poor and middleclass.

. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/28/an-eye-popping-chart-that-shows-how-campaign-finance-reform-has-failed/

Quote:
By the end of the 2010 midterms, more than $130 million had been spent on elections by groups that don't disclose their donors. So, if $6.6 million: $130 million then $50 million: ????. "If the rate of spending from previous cycles continues, the totals could reach upwards of $730 million or — if the rate seen in the last midterm holds — edge close to $1 billion," writes CRP's Robert Maguire.

That's "billion" with a "b". In a midterm election in which no one thinks the House is in play. Imagine what 2016 -- with a contested presidential race as well as battles for the Senate and House majorities -- will be like.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power."
- Henry A. Wallace

Quote:
"We become slaves the moment we hand the keys to the definition of reality entirely over to someone else, whether it is a business, an economic theory, a political party, the White House, Newsworld or CNN."

-
B.W. Powe, Towards A Canada Of Light

Quote:
"All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume."

- Noam Chomsky

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2014/08/08/why-is-the-media-biased-against-us-not-them/

Quote:
Since the outset of the most recent Israeli-Palestinian conflict in Gaza, criticism has been leveled against the news media’s coverage of the crisis. A number of reporters have expressed their frustrations about there being no obvious way to please both sides. Regardless of their best efforts to cover the conflict objectively and fairly, reporters receive “a deluge of complaints” about biased or unbalanced reporting.

Research on media psychology shows that this tendency to see bias – even in objective news coverage – is far from uncommon. A landmark 1985 study on TV news coverage of the 1982 Christian militia massacre of Muslim refugees in Lebanon was the first research to document “the hostile media effect,” when people on both sides of an issue perceive that the news is biased against their interests. In this study, pro-Israel and pro-Arab college students viewed identical news coverage—as in the exact same thing. But here’s the kicker: both groups believed the coverage was biased against their side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 138 of 277

Jump to: