myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, thank you for confirming you are a liar.
Over and out.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
BTW, thank you for confirming you are a liar.
Over and out.
nope troll... it is your mirror you are looking at. it is a sickness you have.................
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as usual the right wing media is not bring to the forefront that the russians violated the 1987 test ban treaty under Bush.

What did Bush do when the russians violated a major nuclear arms treaty. Where is the media tlling americans that Bush set the standard like Reagun did when the first terrorist mass killing took place under reagun that set the docrine for terrorists to take action on the US when Reagun did nothing. and here when Bush was in office he did NOTHing about Georgia when Putin invaded, and now we learn Bush did nothing when Putin violated a nuklear test treaty.

again where is the media hammering Bush Cheney for being so weak.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-russia-violated-1987-treaty-by-testing-ground-launched-missiles/2014/07/28/ec95b006-16c0-11e4-85b6-c1451e622637_story.html?wpisrc=nl_politics

Quote:
Obama’s letter to Putin was first reported online Monday by the New York Times, which said that Russia began testing the missiles in 2008 and that the State Department first raised the possibility of a violation with Russian officials in 2013. At the time, the paper said, Russia said it had looked into the matter and considered it closed.

The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, signed by Presidents Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987, prohibits possession, production or flight testing of a ground-launched cruise missile with a range of 300 to 3,400 miles, or possession or production of launchers of such missiles.

again this is such a in your face to the right wing claims that the world is not safe because of Obama.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pew report comes out and the right wing owned media does not compare where we were under Bush. this is so simple to do to and is known by the media. In fact they just want the US/Obama to not look like things have improved. Here is the spin to make it look like things look bad.

http://www.pewglobal.org/files/2013/07/Pew-Research-Global-Attitudes-Project-Balance-of-Power-Report-FINAL-July-18-2013.pdf

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/01/11/who-loves-and-hates-america-a-revealing-map-of-global-opinion-toward-the-u-s/

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/10-countries-love-hate-america-most-163930019.html
Quote:

Who loves ya, baby? If you’re the United States of America, the answer is fewer and fewer people around the world.

In Britain, France, Germany and nearly a dozen other prominent nations, the percentage of people with a favorable view of the United States has declined over the last decade, according to a new global survey by the Pew Research Center. That trend has been apparent since the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, which was highly unpopular in many countries. The 2008 financial meltdown marked another slip in America’s reputation, as many people blamed Wall Street for a global recession that still weighs on the world economy. Controversial drone strikes aimed at terrorists and childish political antics in Washington continue to mar America’s image abroad.

1. Philippines (percentage with a favorable view of the United States: 85%)
2. Israel (83%)
3. Ghana (83%)
4. Senegal (81%)
5. Kenya (81%)
6. El Salvador (79%)
7. South Korea (78%)
8. Italy (76%)
9. Uganda (73%)
10. Brazil (73%)
It goes without saying that we remain unpopular in a few places. Here are the 10 nations with the least favorable impression of the U.S., according to Pew:
1. Pakistan (percentage with a favorable view of the United States: 11%)
2. Jordan (14%)
3. Palestinian territories (16%)
4. Egypt (16%)
5. Turkey (21%)
6. Greece (39%)
7. China (40%)
8. Argentina (41%)
9. Tunisia (42%)
10. Lebanon (47%)

Now here is the poll many years ago under Bush that no media is making a comparison too... Just me... wow I must just be smarter than all the journalists in the entire USA to catch this difference. Or as I say it is a right wing owned and controlled media..
http://www.pewglobal.org/2008/12/18/global-public-opinion-in-the-bush-years-2001-2008/
Quote:
President George W. Bush’s popularity in the United States has sunk to the level of Richard Nixon’s just before he resigned from office. The president’s standing abroad is still worse.
In 2008, the Pew Global Attitudes Project asked citizens of 24 countries whether they could count on Bush to do the right thing regarding foreign affairs. Majorities in only three (India, Nigeria, and Tanzania) said they had a lot or some confidence.

On the other side of the ledger, majorities in 19 of the 24 countries had little or no confidence in the American president. In the four Western European countries surveyed, majorities without much confidence ranged from 81% in Britain to 88% in Spain. In the Middle East, majorities rose as high as 89% in Turkey and Jordan. Since 2003, confidence in Bush has fallen in eight of the 14 foreign countries where trend data are available. In the remaining six countries confidence has remained relatively low.

http://www.people-press.org/2008/12/18/bush-and-public-opinion/

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally after ll these years one reporter was allowed to print what has been available to every single reporter in the USA. If I was the owner of the media I would be reminding people of this all the time, plus I would fo into

It only took Michelle Bachmann loony showing how out of touch republicans are with the real world to get someone to do this.

also just to show you how poorly this is written, the reporter does not even go into how much money goes to the 501 that do not have to disclose who their donors are. That is where the big money goes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2014/08/05/wealthiest-americans-in-each-state-primarily-support-republicans/

Quote:

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) won the Loop’s Quote of the Week back in March for saying, “I just thank God that there’s a billionaire or two on our side. All the billionaires seem to be on the radical left, so I’m glad that we have a couple on ours.”

But the retiring congresswoman will be glad to know that the number of billionaire GOP backers far exceeds “a couple.”

then they list the rich showing of the ones that donated even small amounts were from which party.

http://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/wealthiest-person-map/

a real journalist is going to present the point of view that right wing 501 c we do not have a clue to who puts the money into them and they are the big money and the majority of them, I think a the IRS the number of right wing 501s were far on the right wing side, and even that information should be readily available if a journalist was a liberal allowed to do their job.

nw30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, but not surprising
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1,000-member secretive progressive journalist group uncovered

August 6, 2014

Media Trackers

Media Trackers is dedicated to media accountability, government transparency, and quality fact-based journalism.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A prominent CNN commentator, the top two political reporters for The Huffington Post, a Reuters reporter, the editor of The Nation magazine, a producer for Al Jazeera America television, a U.S. News & World Report columnist, and approximately two dozen Huffington Post contributors are among the more than 1,000 members of Gamechanger Salon.

top secretFounded by leftwing activist Billy Wimsatt, the group is a secretive digital gathering of writers, opinion leaders, activists and political hands who share information, ideas and strategy via a closed Google group.

The group’s existence was discovered by Media Trackers through an open records request filed with a University of Wisconsin professor who happened to be a member of the network.

Sally Kohn, formerly a Fox News contributor, now works for CNN reliably echoing pro-Obama Administration talking points and championing leftwing ideas as a network commentator. Kohn is also a member of Gamechanger Salon, and e-mails show that she occasionally approached the group’s membership and asked them to promote her television appearances.

“I’m guest co-hosting CNN’s Crossfire tonight at 6:30pm EST, with fellow co-host Newt Gingrich. I would be grateful for folks (a) helping spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, etc to encourage people to tune in; and (b) tuning in and live tweeting during the show,” Kohn wrote to the group on January 14 of this year.

In another e-mail, Kohn pitched her TED talk about working as a liberal at Fox News. “I would be grateful for any shares and reactions. Here is a straightforward, sample tweet[:] Watch @sallykohn’s amazing TED talk on emotional correctness: on.ted.com/Kohn” she wrote. “Thanks for everything all of you do every day to make the world a better place!” she signed off.

Amanda Terkel, the “Senior Political Reporter and Politics Managing Editor at The Huffington Post,” is a member of Gamechanger Salon along with The Huffington Post’s Washington bureau chief, Ryan Grim.

In mid-July, Terkel and Grim jointly wrote a piece about a leftwing effort to push Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D) to run for president. The pair of reporters heavily quoted Erica Sagrans, a fellow member of Gamechanger Salon and leading organizer of the “Ready For Warren” effort, and cited Billy Wimsatt’s support for the project. Wimsatt’s work as founder of Gamechanger Salon and the reporters’ own membership in the group, along with Sagrans’ membership, went unreported.

In a subsequent piece Terkel again reported on the effort to recruit Warren for a presidential bid, and a previous piece by Grim contrasted Warren with presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

A former New York Times freelance columnist who now works as an energy and commodities reporter for Thomson Reuters is also a member of Gamechanger Salon. Anna Louie Sussman is listed as an “investigative reporter and journalist” on the Gamechanger Salon membership list, and while her beat focuses on energy issues, she has also writes about “local and international human rights and social justice issues” according to her website.

Katrina vanden Heuvel is the editor and publisher of The Nation magazine, a prominent and well-known periodical of leftwing political and social thought. She is also a member of Gamechanger Salon and a regular opinion writer for the online edition of The Washington Post.

A late-July column for the Post by vanden Heuvel entitled “Building a progressive alternative to ALEC” hit on a theme regularly mentioned on Gamechanger Salon: liberals must build an alternative to the American Legislative Exchange Council.

Lisa Graves, who leads the Madison, Wisconsin-based Center for Media and Democracy, is also a member of Gamechanger Salon, and – according to e-mails reviewed by Media Trackers – regularly promotes material developed by CMD to attack ALEC and the right-of-center lawmakers who tend to make up the majority of ALEC’s active legislative membership.

Vanden Heuvel suggested in her column that liberals support the efforts of the American Legislative and Issue Campaign Exchange – ALICE (a leftwing counterpart to ALEC) – and the Progressive States Network. Gamechanger Salon member Prof. Joel Rogers of the University of Wisconsin Madison founded ALICE. Vanden Heuvel in a 2012 column for the Post wrote about Rogers founding ALICE.

Not once does she appear to disclose her membership in Gamechanger Salon along with some of the very people she writes about.

Jordan Flaherty was, as of last year, a producer for Al Jazeera America television. He is also listed as a member of Gamechanger Salon and for a while he occasionally blogged for The Huffington Post.

In addition to working at the left-leaning American Sustainable Business Council, David Brodwin writes an online column for U.S. News & World Report. Brodwin is a member of Gamechanger Salon, and on July 14 he published a column arguing that small business owners support a minimum wage increase. Fascinatingly, the Obama Administration’s U.S. Department of Labor relies on Brodwin’s American Sustainable Business Council to argue that very point in a recent “fact-sheet” advocating for a minimum wage hike.

Dozens of members of the leftwing network have contributed columns to The Huffington Post, and others have written opinion pieces for several other publications. The full extent of the network’s activity and effectiveness at amplifying and coordinating left-leaning messaging campaigns has yet to be fully explored.

http://eagnews.org/1000-member-secretive-progressive-journalist-group-uncovered/
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum a few bars of "I scare myself", and continue to believe the Murdoch empire, official press for the Republicans.

I don't drink right wing swill.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that is educational about confronting closed minds like NW is seeing how they get their information. For those who don't check, EAG news organization is funded by Freedom Works, the Heartland Institute, the Cato Institute, and a cast of similar right wingers who, in turn, hide their source of funding. Freedom works, who comes first, perhaps as the biggest funder, is bankrolled by folks such as the Koch's, and was part of the tobacco and climate change disinformation campaign.

Only a true paranoid would consider this journalism.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Interesting, but not surprising
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1,000-member secretive progressive journalist group uncovered

August 6, 2014

Media Trackers

Media Trackers is dedicated to media accountability, government transparency, and quality fact-based journalism.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A prominent CNN commentator, the top two political reporters for The Huffington Post, a Reuters reporter, the editor of The Nation magazine, a producer for Al Jazeera America television, a U.S. News & World Report columnist, and approximately two dozen Huffington Post contributors are among the more than 1,000 members of Gamechanger Salon.

/

this is too funny, how does a person with a brain think that foxes moto fair and balanced and now we see this group. Media accountability and no discussion about how rich right wing trust fund kids owning the media is not to be discussed, or how 95% plus radio is partisan hate right wing.

Even one of their so called media fairness IE white right wingers saying they are the victims. They are using Glen Beck who has more national radio time than any partisan liberal in the entire USA.

http://eagnews.org/glenn-becks-we-will-not-conform-anti-common-core-movie-event-was-a-must-see/

so do I trust anything this rag site says. No, everything they say needs to be verified.

Remember the CIA had over 400 journalists on their payroll at one time.

nw30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajadean and mac, it's good to see you guys back together again.

bajaDean wrote:
mac wrote:
OMG, now I am an enabler. I generally avoid this because it is nearly all back and forth between RR and Baja. While I sometimes agree with both of them, I think they are both acting out beyond levels that are acceptable to even aggressive folks like me--and I have asked them to stop. Please stop. One of you take on the adult role and just stop.

yes you are, you PMed me and i replied told you that and now you act like it is the first time you have been made aware of it. That I told you this before and now you act with such moral outrage.... to me shows more about your integrity disingenuity. So tell us in June did I mention this to you. and boy I was right with the start of this trolling boys exchange. It is like pavlov's dogs....

and again like I told you , seems you have a problem with memory, when he starts his trolling I will respond. If you can not get that then too bad go hide under a rock v enable him ... you enable him and yes I will then bring it up to you.... do you have a problem with me bringing up with you when you enable him?

See, I'm a uniter not a divider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 137 of 277

Jump to: