myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
(In the U.S. it is spelled "humor", not "humour". When in Rome...)

Stereotypical response. By the way, it's the internet, and that little wire coming out of my wall is in Canada. Last I checked the internet is a borderless exchange of information. Perhaps BajaDean can get his knickers in a knot trying to prove the internet is some evil right wing plot funded by trust fund kids who weren't dumb enough to suck their family's fortune up their nose.

bajaDean wrote:

Now next I do not expect you a Canadian to understand our constitution, we have " freedom of the press" . Aren't you still printing money with a Queen on it? See the US was founded on repealing the trust fund system. It was so important that freedom of press was a fundamental constitutional right. And if all press is actually now controlled by the trust funders whos voices are heard. See in the USA we also have equality that now all people are to be treated equal. If the right wing voice is disproportionately heard that is not equal. See this principle was founded and recognized when we has a law to equalize this called the "fairness doctrine" which was removed by reagan.

BajaDean,
In your infinite American wisdom perhaps you should learn about other countries before making your blanket statements. No freedom of press here, and equality? What the heck is that? That's right we have the queen on our money. I'm not one to worship a monarchy but it would appear your system has chosen to elect their monarchy.....birth right or purchased right, what's the difference other than the smoke and mirrors involved to convince everyone it is different? Put that story in your "never to happen, imaginary, boring as crap, maybe one day, if I can stop blaming everyone for my woes" left wing media empire. But then I imagine most of your news would be attaching labels of Hater, Racist or Troll to others who question your agenda. It would appear that while your good father was actually making a change against prejudice you somehow manage to assume your own prejudice against the "right". If you think for a second that a left wing media source does or would do different you better think again. I see plenty of it here, but wait, that would be impossible here because we don't get things like freedom of press or equality. Cross that border some time, you might find it's a lot better than you think.

too funny Fox was denied a entry in the canadian media. kinda shoots that freedom of the press in canada doesn't it. Not that I blame you for not allowing their hate mantra to make your crazies delusional too.

And yes I watch Canadian TV news maybe once a week, BBCworld too, and watch Fox about every 2 weeks for a few hours.. I live in baja and have starchoice...

While my points were not understood by you obviously, the issue is our freedom of the press is in our constitution... bill of rights... was how important it was to our revolution. Again I do not expect you a Canadian with a "commonwealth passport" to know american history like I do not know yours. And as I posted some quotes it was against not only against the Monarchy, but the churches power and the rich trust funders, nobles. they were specifically putting into action to prevents these power players from doing the same. A well recognized threat to democracy and yet the right wingers can not understand it and have told us "in the rich we should trust". That the nobles somehow know what is best for our society. Thank goodness for the new Pope who is really sucking the wind out of the religious right sails with his pointing out what the priorities should be from the religious fraction, and the Kings have no say here..

Quote:
"The tax which will be paid for education is not more than the thousandth part of what will be paid to kings, priests and nobles who will rise up if we leave the people to ignorance."

Quote:
"Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe."

again in the south about 40-50% of self identified conservatives in one state polled said that inter-racial marriage should be a criminal offense. Canada is no southern state, have never heard of the KKK being active in Canada. Huge difference in the right wingers in the USA vs Canada. and yes I do hold a grudge for conservatives for allowing those KKK skinhead types to be central to their party. To me they are responsible they could put a stop to their racist base.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I don't understand is the knee jerk reaction to quickly label others with "haters, racists, trolls" because they dare to dispute. Heck, why stop there? Why not "filthy whores" while you're at it?
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
The thing I don't understand is the knee jerk reaction to quickly label others with "haters, racists, trolls" because they dare to dispute. Heck, why stop there? Why not "filthy whores" while you're at it?

Here is classic troll stuff posted by you, that is why I have said you are a troll. You really do not add much to the debate. And what is funny is you really think you are with things like this.

you said this.
Quote:
Perhaps BajaDean can get his knickers in a knot trying to prove the internet is some evil right wing plot funded by trust fund kids who weren't dumb enough to suck their family's fortune up their nose.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about hater?
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
How about hater?

here is a perfectly approiate article... to answer your question... how appropriete just written last week.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/07/angry-white-men-gender-stereotyping

Where do all the angry white men come from?

Quote:
This is an article about angry white men and their galloping sense of aggrieved entitlement. It is at least partly inspired by feminist theory and analysis of structural racial supremacy. Before I've finished my third sentence, I've probably already contributed to a minor epidemic of hypertension among a certain section of Comment is free readers. I can anticipate the comments, the hit-blogs and the hate-mail already: by even mentioning white men, I am the real racist. I am the real sexist. Why doesn't the Guardian take a pop at the angry brown men over here or the angry black women over there instead?

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you must have it all figured out then.
Continue on then with your "non-hateful" thread.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I guess you must have it all figured out then.
Continue on then with your "non-hateful" thread.
yes in your way of thinking the ADL is just a hate group. http://www.adl.org/

Same with the media if they ever report on the KKK.

same with all people who work in enforcement of stopping hate groups.

here people trying to stop female salve trade around the world are they just haters by your brain?

Here is more from the cited article that you seem to have missed.

Quote:
His latest work strokes a broad, acerbic brush over the white supremacists of the Mason-Dixon line, the NRA and Tea Party stalwarts of the Bible Belt, the men's rights activists of cyberspace and the high school spree shooters of parental nightmares. The common feature, he argues, is their shared belief that certain degrees of status, privilege and social advantage, perceived to be their natural or god-given rights, have been snatched away by sudden social change. The resulting anger is targeted not at a globalised neoliberal economic system that has declared ordinary people expendable – irrespective of their race, class or gender – but immigration, civil rights and feminism. In a sense Kimmel is describing the irrational emotional fallout of the economic gender revolution detailed in books like Stiffed and The End of Men.

The thesis can only really be made to work by means of tortuous logic which excludes all expressions of violence and anger from non-whites, non-males or those, like Anders Breivik, who were forged in a very different cultural furnace. Kimmel also glosses over alternative explanations, most notably in his case studies of high school spree shooters, which quite clearly point to aggressive bullying and emotional abuse as the principal cause of the switch being flipped to overload.

Nonetheless there is more than a jingling ring of truth to his argument. When one looks at the horrific abuse meted out to feminist campaigners such as Caroline Criado-Perez for having the temerity to ask that a woman should feature on British banknotes, to Laura Bates for fighting back against street harassment and everyday sexism, or to Anita Sarkeesian for highlighting sexist tropes in video games, it is hard to see it as anything but aggrieved entitlement. The hate campaigns seem firmly rooted in outrage that uppity girls should be intruding upon men's inalienable right to behave how they like, harass who they want, control culture as they wish and shape society in their own image. Like: "You'll prise Lara Croft's skimpy shorts from my cold, dead hands."

It is easy, and indeed essential, to condemn such misogynistic hate campaigns. However if those attitudes are at least partially stoked by very real and profound economic and social changes that have left some men feeling disempowered, marginalised, maligned and neglected, is it enough to simply demand that they suck it up and deal with it? I'm not sure.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
― Nelson Mandela
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
― Nelson Mandela
so you believe his peaceful non-violent protests over inequality were wrong, is what you are concluding?

And do you support the right wing hate machine of 90% plus hate right wing partisan talk radio? Do you support the KKK, Skin heads, neo nazis et al? .

If you do not, what do you do other than support those who do support them? And I note you trolling a person for peacefully bringing light on them is a moral equivalent of support such haters and terrorists isn't it. If you do not think so, please show me how I am wrong.

And again do you think the ADL is a hate group.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not what I was concluding at all. What I was stating with that quote is that your resentment is not healthy for you. Your hell-bent approach of trying to attach some convoluted assumptions about what I or others think, feel, or believe is providing some interesting insight and affirmations about your approach though.

It's interesting that you have labels to attach to everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 103 of 277

Jump to: