myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobras

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: the big lie "the media is liberal" Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
So we have for example radio, not one national partisan liberal, yes we have Rush, Laura, Savage, Oriely, Beck, Alan Keys, Dr. Laura, too many religious right shows like Pat Robertson, Paul Harvey, Mike Huckibee, Mike Reagan, Mike Livin, Neil Bortz. anyway talker magazine shows that about 90+ percent not including the religious programming is very partisan right wing.

I hate to break it to ya, but
a) those are not news shows. They're opinion TR.
b) they hit 90% for one very simple, capitalistic reason: an opinion show host's only responsibility is to attract listeners and thus sponsors, and nobody but a handful of loons wants to listen to left wing $#!+ such as Air America.
isobras

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
I did try the CIA .

can you tell me if the military has ever put opps people in as reporters or into the media. Or any other clandestine department of the US put in plants or pay reporters.

I think we can see why the CIA rejected you. You're literally making no political, military, or grammatical sense.
isobras

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: the big lie "the media is liberal" Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
thanks for your service, but I though you said you worked for Boeing also...

Yes ... and DuPont, Rohm & Haas, NASA, FSU, and Performance Windsurf Report Magazine. So?
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: the big lie "the media is liberal" Reply with quote

isobras wrote:
bajaDean wrote:
So we have for example radio, not one national partisan liberal, yes we have Rush, Laura, Savage, Oriely, Beck, Alan Keys, Dr. Laura, too many religious right shows like Pat Robertson, Paul Harvey, Mike Huckibee, Mike Reagan, Mike Livin, Neil Bortz. anyway talker magazine shows that about 90+ percent not including the religious programming is very partisan right wing.

I hate to break it to ya, but
a) those are not news shows. They're opinion TR.
b) they hit 90% for one very simple, capitalistic reason: an opinion show host's only responsibility is to attract listeners and thus sponsors, and nobody but a handful of loons wants to listen to left wing $#!+ such as Air America.
oh they are not news shows... funny how CBS ABC list these on their radio channels on all news listed networks. Glad you know better than them. So Fox news is not news because they have partisans on? not because they lie whan they say lie "fair and balanced"

Ever read abut another media mogul no not austrailan Murdoch, do you think the worlds and US largest media owner hires real liberals? anyway another one is Conrad Black. He would buy US papers, fire any liberal there and cut more jobs of reporters to bring in his mix. then he would sell the paper and do it again destroying the lives of these liberal reporters. Conrad Black is now in jail.

do you know how trust fund kid ruppy got his start, he took his fathers perfectly good news paper and made it into an enquirer type of trash journalism paper and expanded because the star type enquirers make bank. so your point about air america not making money? here trash sells and Murdoch brought his trash to america. His first paper was the "star". Does it matter how you made your money I say yes.... Look at his recent arrests of his top people at his sleaze in the UK... BTW Professional wrestling still beats fox on cable...

Now on media as we know the right wing do not want the fairness doctrine. If the media was prejudiced and not fair, that is exactly what the fairness doctrine was there to do. But by all the right wing being against it well anyone with a brain knows it is absolutely you have the advantage. Ronald reygun got rid of it and the repugnants do not want it returned. If the media was not fair one would want the fairness doctrine.

where is air america? gee they only needed a few million a year to stay on the air. you mean democrats do not have trust fund kids to sponsor such a low cost thing. Rev Mooniess (remember when his followers were at air ports around the USA begging for money from people) a Korean Washington times has never made a profit and rumored to lose big bank a year. Ruppys new your post is also of the same category. how many papers and righty wing media are not making money?

Note why would the largest advertisers in the world back a liberal radio show. Do you really think defense, drug, chemical, oil, banking, energy, coal, medical, insurance, walmart, coors and so on would advertise on a liberal show.... come on...
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:
bajaDean wrote:
I did try the CIA .

can you tell me if the military has ever put opps people in as reporters or into the media. Or any other clandestine department of the US put in plants or pay reporters.

I think we can see why the CIA rejected you. You're literally making no political, military, or grammatical sense.
Hey I am a dyslexic, sorry if you do not have the ability to read dyslexia writing. and yes have been hired to be vp of engineering after 3 years of full time work experience.

just because you can not understand what I am saying does not mean it is not correct. Maybe it shows a lack of being able to figure out things on your part.
isobras

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:

just because you can not understand what I am saying does not mean it is not correct. Maybe it shows a lack of being able to figure out things on your part.

You're asking a question, not making a statement, so correctness is not an issue. If what you're asking is whether the DoD has ever put ... OH!... your "plants" means disinformation/propaganda mouthpieces, not defense materiel factories. OK, now I get it. You're asking whether the DoD has put moles into the media. I would have no idea, I'm not that paranoid, and I'm INFINITELY more concerned about political bias, left or right, in the circus that purports to report the news impartially. The media and Wikileaks are doing far more harm to the free world than a few disinformation spooks could do. With people and networks like Mathews, Olbermann, Maddow, BSNBC, NPR, ABC, BBC, PBS, etc, we don't need Al Qaeda or teachers' unions or biblethumpers to flush the free world down the commode.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:
bajaDean wrote:

You're asking a question, not making a statement, so correctness is not an issue. If what you're asking is whether the DoD has ever put ... OH!... your "plants" means disinformation/propaganda mouthpieces, not defense materiel factories. OK, now I get it. You're asking whether the DoD has put moles into the media. I would have no idea, I'm not that paranoid, and I'm INFINITELY more concerned about political bias, left or right, in the circus that purports to report the news impartially. The media and Wikileaks are doing far more harm to the free world than a few disinformation spooks could do. With people and networks like Mathews, Olbermann, Maddow, BSNBC, NPR, ABC, BBC, PBS, etc, we don't need Al Qaeda or teachers' unions or biblethumpers to flush the free world down the commode.

well again you have not given any facts that the media is liberal. the dan rather and Bill maher ones were great examples. No liberal would fire them for the truth.

Here is another great example. Bill clinton, what liberal would have writting anything about it after one week, much less after 8 years of it. Again richard Mellon scaife was Paula jones funder before clinton was even president and even paid jones nosejob. When the first right wing special prosecutor made his ruling that no wrong doing was done it should have been over. again he was a republican. Also for reference I had no proble with the appointing the first special prosecutor. But when the second partisan one was appointed well that was just a waise. He could not even get a grand jury to indict clinton and as you know the evidence bar is so low for a grand jury to indict. and to boot that Kenny boy star had given legal advice to Paula Jones many years before. That is a partisan conflict of interest. Not to mention his firm that had no litigation money from the tobacco industry was latter getting new 10s of millions in contracts. Kenny was not working any billable hours with his law firm but was now making a million a year doing nothing. after 3 years of this money he was outed and he said he would no longer take that money because it might be construed as a conflict of interest. he did not return the years before. As you know Clinton went after the tobacco industry.

anyway if the media was liberal the entire Clinton things would have been two weeks. Not 8 years... Just like Bush seniors was when it was found out he had an affair with a military officer. again no liberal would have done that.

Last edited by real-human on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychol...ited_States%29

Quote:
The CNN and NPR Interns Incident
Quote:
In the 1990s it came to light that PSYOP soldiers had been interning at the American news networks Cable News Network (CNN) and National Public Radio (NPR). The program was claimed by the Army to be an attempt to provide its PSYOPers with the expertise developed by the private sector under its "Training with Industry" program, the program caused concern about the influence these soldiers might have on American news and the programs were terminated.

Here is what National Public Radio reported on April 10, 2000:

The U.S. Army's Psychological Operations unit placed interns at CNN and NPR in 1998 and 1999. The placements at CNN were reported in the European press in February of this year and the program was terminated. The NPR placements will be reported this week in TV Guide.[1]

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/17/us/17tree.html?th&emc=th

Quote:
The Justice Department also released other documents Wednesday from other Freedom of Information Act lawsuits related to national security policies during the Bush administration.
Among them was a letter written in 2002 by George J. Tenet, who was the director of the Central Intelligence Agency at the time, suggesting that a C.I.A. ban on using journalists as spies was not airtight

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/15/world/asia/15contractors.html?th&emc=th
Quote:
The contractor, Robert Young Pelton, an author who writes extensively about war zones, said that the government hired him to gather information about Afghanistan and that Mr. Furlong improperly used his work. “We were providing information so they could better understand the situation in Afghanistan, and it was being used to kill people,” Mr. Pelton said.
He said that he and Eason Jordan, a former television news executive, had been hired by the military to run a public Web site to help the government gain a better understanding of a region that bedeviled them. Recently, the top military intelligence official in Afghanistan publicly said that intelligence collection was skewed too heavily toward hunting terrorists, at the expense of gaining a deeper understanding of the country.

operation mockingbird by the CIA hired over 400 reporters, do you think these reporters ever quit? Do you think the CIA stopped working with reporters? Do you think these reporters for their cover wrote like conservatives or liberals?

amazing a person who again claims he knows the media is so liberal and he is military is so clueless to the real world of these events.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003638361

Study Finds Conservatives Rule Op-Ed pages -- With George Will as King

By Dave Bauder

Published: September 11, 2007 3:05 PM ET
Quote:
Quote:
NEW YORK George Will's column runs in more newspapers than any writer in the nation, according to a new study by a liberal media watchdog group that concludes conservative voices such as his dominate editorial pages.

Will's syndicated column runs at least once a month in 368 newspapers with more than 26 million in total circulation, said the Media Matters for America. The organization surveyed 96 percent of the nation's 1,430 English-language daily newspapers.

"He reaches half of the newspaper readers in America," said Paul Waldman, the study's author. "He has a huge megaphone, probably bigger than anybody else in America."

His group found that 60 percent of the daily newspapers print more conservative syndicated columnists each week than liberals. Twenty percent of the papers are dominated by liberals and 20 percent are balanced. Media Matters had no information on local columnists.

Both Will and Shearer said they believe that Media Matters is right, that conservative columnists have a wider reach than liberals. It may partly be because publishers lean conservative, and editorial page editors often report to them, Shearer said.

I have many more links and sources should you like more verification....

But I would like to see some of what you have is anything...
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Can someone tell me why the "liberal "press gave us years of Clinton and five minutes of Bush Sr. affair?
Money.
They publish what sells in nearly every choice of news in all these outlets, though they are almost entirely GOP owned.
Fox will turn flaming liberal in a heartbeat if folks don't watch the ads so they can hear pundits lie on the right.
Want to hear those same media whores start to spout liberal nonsense?
Write Limbaugh a big enough check and he will run for dogcatcher on the democratic ticket.
Loonies in this country won't listen to that liberal crap all right.
They listen to far right TR. That makes it easy to identify the loonies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 2 of 277

Jump to: