myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The bench looks great
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobras

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a two-hour discussion and debate today on the Ryan speech, by a neocon -- by definition a former Democrat activist who converted to Republican -- historian. It confirmed my own informed assessment that every claim Ryan made was not only true but confirmed by fact checking orgs, government agencies and data, and/or the public record. Yes, the Obamamedia's accusations were discussed directly, and every one was easily disproved.

MSNBC should be banned from public access IMO. Lying about an entire political party all day every day under the mantle of journalistic truth, especially when the future of the free world in is jeopardy, leans much more towards sedition or even treason than free speech. The harm it does is evident in the incredible and nearly absolute ignorance displayed every day by its audience here and on TV.

Somebody is citing Susan Kohn as as source of ANYTHING? Hell, why not Maher, or Soros, or Palin?
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:

MSNBC should be banned from public access IMO.

That would fit right into your chickenshit plonking technique, chump.

keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree Matty. I liked the guy and had a hard time believing he said those things that are so easy to check.
You checked right?
Ryan said "....Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: ‘I believe that if our government is there to support you ... this plant will be here for another hundred years.’ Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day.”

ANALYSIS: The General Motors assembly plant in Janesville, Wis., closed in December 2008. Barack Obama became president in January 2009. The plant remains closed.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/30/3788088/fact-check-ryans-speech-went-over.html#storylink=cpy
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:

MSNBC should be banned from public access IMO. Lying about an entire political party all day every day under the mantle of journalistic truth, especially when the future of the free world in is jeopardy, leans much more towards sedition or even treason than free speech. The harm it does is evident in the incredible and nearly absolute ignorance displayed every day by its audience here and on TV.

Somebody is citing Susan Kohn as as source of ANYTHING? Hell, why not Maher, or Soros, or Palin?

Fox should be banned from public access IMO. Lying about an entire political party all day every day under the mantle of journalistic truth, especially when the future of the free world in is jeopardy, leans much more towards sedition or even treason than free speech. The harm it does is evident in the incredible and nearly absolute ignorance displayed every day by its audience here and on TV.

Somebody is citing Bill O'Reilly as as source of ANYTHING? Hell, why not Hannity, Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Beck, Newt, Santorum, Trump, the Koch brothers, Breitbart, Todd Akin, Orly Taitz, or Palin?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have cable or satellite, but do occasionally see Fox and MSNBC, plus a few others.

Clearly, Fox goes right and MSNBC goes left, but there appears to be a HUGE difference in my opinion. Let's take a look at their news and round table type shows.

The moderators at Fox news ask hard questions when interviewing conservatives, seeming as if the moderator was on the left. In addition, they seem to have numerous interviews that include representatives from both parties, each having the opportunity to state their point. To me, there is a clear attempt to offer balance in their reporting.

However, on MSNBC, I have never seen any balance or hard questions, only pontification of the left's views.

Granted, my take is based on limited viewing, so natually, the left will argue the point.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty matty matty. Baseless claims with no citation. Not up to fourth grade standards. No wonder your credibility and karma ratings are at a four year low. See your heart doctor before the election in case Obama crushes mittens and you have to cope for four more years.
isobras

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Clearly, Fox goes right

Research at three university journalism schools commissioned by a left wing LA think tank says otherwise. Fox hard news shows were objectively rated as very nearly free of bias. And for every right winger like Hannity, there's a lefty like Geraldo. O'Reilly defended Obama to an embarrassing, exasperating, puzzling, and unfounded extent for a couple of years, until it became irrefutable that Obama's policies are driving us over a financial cliff. Even now O'Reilly defends Obama's integrity, saying Obama means well and truly believes what he says.

I agree that Obama believes in his Marxist goals; his own writings, speeches, and debates emphasize that endlessly. But he is caught in far too many outright lies to be regarded as truthful.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:
Even now O'Reilly defends Obama's integrity, saying Obama means well and truly believes what he says.

The clear and unspoken implication is that O'Reilly therefore knows the opposition (Romney) does NOT mean well and truly does NOT believe what he says. That is, Romney knows he has a self-serving agenda and he knows that he spews BS.

Which kinda agrees with what the middle and the left, AND some republicans, think of Romney.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting 24/7 cable TV aside, I think most reputable news organizations offer opinions and commentaries that come from the right and left, to also include viewpoints from positions in the middle. I think it's up to each of us ferret out what is true, and what is not. Given the wealth of sources, it's not too hard to find out what's really going on, and what's really important and worthy.

Regarding Ryan's speech at the Republican convention, I think most honest and informed folks realize that it was filled with many falsehoods. I find it amazing that Ryan, while under such a huge spotlight, couldn't stay in-bounds in his statements. What does that say about his character? He could have presented a fine speech that highlighted important positions that represent what the Republican party stands for, but he chose not to keep things clean. I think we all understand that with the Supreme Court's Citizen's United decision that there are many sources of biased and blatant misinformation coming from many questionable sources right now. I also think it's fair to say that this kind of nonsense is coming both the right and the left. But, such deliberate misrepresentations coming from the Republican Party's Vice Presidential candidate in such a high profile venue is atrocious.

While mat-ty and others here may elect to look the other way and ignore the clear untruths that Ryan uttered, I can't.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It was disappointing that Ryan chose to read whatever was on the Teleprompter.
Romney himself told some whoppers before he chose Ryan.
I wondered if his mormon beliefs troubled him while lying in public.
I think his handlers found a solution in Ryan, who in the past was an honorable man.
The price of entry on the Romney ticket was made obvious on convention night.
Sad, but at least we may see Romney returning to his principles which would be a welcome relief.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: