myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The bench looks great
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty--there is no question that I am nasty to you, Bard and mrgybe. Techno has better manners and makes more sense, so I disagree with him. But the three of you, and the Fickster, just make up stuff, and it is so vile and inaccurate that you deserve nothing better in return. As just one example, you made the claim that this is the most corrupt administration in history. After pallets of cash were shipped to Iraq and disappeared without a trace, after Haliburton made zillions, you make that claim without citation. You would fail fourth grade writing standards in California. Maybe mob work is what your education has prepared you for.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint you Bard, but as I have said many times in the past, I don't watch 24/7 cable news. So what Chris Matthews said, I didn't see it. However, maybe he sees the same hubris and deceit that I see from the Republicans at the convention. Some of us have been around the block, and as a result, such simple and predictable negative talking points don't find a home.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Christie come out on the stage. Rising whale is more like it. Quit watching with the nasty comment about teachers and teachers unions. I'm glad I don't live in New Jersey any more--but I can tell that there schools were better when I was young than those in Boston...
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac
How about a brief holiday from the exchange of pointless nasties ?
It does not further the debate even when it seems justified.
We could forgive all going back and face forward.
Listening to distant strangers bicker has begun to feel like being stoned to death with popcorn.
If we knew each other ,at least we could suddenly tell the truth about your wife and the postman or something and the argument would be worth reading.
Truce?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler
I think the people of NJ would disagree with you.
Mac
Even a forth grader understands NO ONE SHOULD BE GUARANTEED A JOB FOR LIFE. It's a ridicules concept only self serving union thugs would defend.

I think you may have used there wrong einstein. Should be their schools
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lifted this quote from FoxNews today.....pretty incredible.

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Said fact checkers have already condemned certain arguments that Ryan still irresponsibly repeated.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/#ixzz252OyrrwD
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lying Liars and the Lies that are told....from AP.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j-oHGoQbH0RmoY7rNL47-I6BYziA?docId=dc7b2d4bcfab405989965fd9505a1aff
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs could we expect anything else from lefties, did anyone wake up this morning thinking the left would give any praise to anything from Tampa.
In the end there is no shortage of spin from the left and right, its just which general direction would you like to go.

On a good note Boggs, the Fox piece proves Fox will criticize the right, something seldom scene elsewhere.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always be wary of someone who looks you straight in the eye, and lies to you.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/ryan-risks-reputation-with-misleading-nomination-speech.php?ref=fpa
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty..I agree, a little balance from the "fair and balanced ones". Personally, I hate being lied to. Especially when its blatant. My two favorites from Mr Ryan are the the Janesville plant fib, and the Simpson/Bowles lie. Not far behind that is the S&P downgrade, which if you read it specifically references the fact that when Congress had to act last Summer , they didnt....yet Ryan blamed Obama. It was a liefest last night, and delivered by a slick liar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: