myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A rude ending to the Armstrong myth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan.

You are the legal expert and I am not, so I'd rather not say any further in public. Lance Armstrong is only a part of what is now recognised as being a very dirty business indeed. (Doping doctors, drug trafficking, sophisticated cover ups etc.)

Travis Tygart himself, in an interview with L'Equipe, stated that the impact would be thirty times greater than what has gone before, and that the evidence will be made public before the end of the year. It was he who also stated that in the arbitration case against Bruyneel (the U.S,Postal Service team manager) Armstrong may be called to give evidence under oath.

People must form their own conclusions about the U.C.I. and Pat McQuaid the current head, and Hein Verbruggen the past one, as to how a widespread doping omerta was allowed to exist under their leadership. I know how I feel about that!

Sorry to appear to be ducking the issue.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't appear to be ducking the issues, but I wasn't clear how much of that post was your language or how much was lifted from Tygart's press releases. Some of it is written in first person plural, other parts in third person.

I understand why you oppose doping. I also understand that USADA is looking to land the trophy as a way to eviscerate the European claims that its rulings and findings are the last word.

USADA can do anything it wants, but it cannot be said it acted anything but presumptuously by stating it controls the Tour de France.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short quote from sept 24/2012 interview with French minister of Sport, Valerie Fourneyron.

Valerie Fourneyron alluded to Armstrongs good relations with former french President Nicolas Sarkozy. AFLD's scientific advisor Michel Rieu said (Aug 27/2012) that political pressure had made the head of AFLD Pierre Bordy resign from his job in Sept 2010.

It was at this time that the AFDL anti doping laboratory had retested 6 of Armstrongs 1999 samples (new test for EPO which wasn't available before that time) and ALL 6 had returned POSITIVE readings for EPO.

AFLD have been working closely with USADA, and Rieu is on record as alleging that the world governing body of cycling contributed (he detailed how in the article) to the scheme that made Armstrongs treachery possible.

Vaslerie Fourneyron is adamant that those responsible for doping are brought to justice, and she is fully supportive of USADA's stance.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the CEO of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency comes this conclusion, in part, from >1,000 pages of hard medical data and confessions: Lance Armstrong and his U.S.P.S. cycling team, for years, "ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen ..."

Boo. Hiss. Ratbag, cheating SOB. Anything to win, at any cost. Screw the rules and the law. Any means to an end. Me, Me, Me.

Barack Obama.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.....
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Boo. Hiss. Ratbag, cheating SOB. Anything to win, at any cost. Screw the rules and the law. Any means to an end. Me, Me, Me.

Barack Obama.

Or, GWB and the neo-con GOP in the 2004 election.
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Mike Fick with every damn post he writes!
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Or Mike Fick with every damn post he writes!

Particularly the "Me, Me, Me" part.

Oh, wait.

"Ratbag."

"Cheating SOB."

"Anything to win."

"Screw the rules and the law."

"Any means to an end."

Yes, all that, too.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armstrong has now been exposed for what he is. The USADA 200 page public document (only a part of the whole) paints a clear picture of the whole rotten core of pro cycling in that era; widespread doping rings, corruption, cover ups, and endless lies.

I suspect Armstrongs problems are just about to really begin. The document states clearly that he lied in court under oath. (The SCA promotions case in which he claimed and won huge payments, and other cases.)

Greg Le mond, the brilliant and 'clean' (as far as can be ascertained) American Tour De France winner and greatly respected cyclist suffered character smirching by Armstrong after accusing hin of doping, and suffered huge financial losses as a result. Armstrong vindictively offered a 30,000 dollar reward to anybody who could find evidence that he (Le Mond) had ever doped! That money was never claimed.

Greg, in a recent interview stated that Armstrong deserved to be in jail. It may come to that!
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I hope they don't piss test the Grim Reachers. Everything we've worked for, all these many seasons....down the drain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: