myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
movie night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
...do you expect indictments over the fire at Richmond?

Wait............. he's working on some convoluted backwards pretzel logic to blame Obama for it, the way that Rushbo blamed Obama for the weather interfering with the RNC convention.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of tools, my favorite tool while speaking Creole is my Creole dictionary.
Those guys at the Kriol Project have gotten the Tourist Board to say something like that and guys who cant read very well, cant see how little they know.
Would you really like to show us if your expertise in Creole culture in Belize matches your knowledge of that pipeline.?
As part of your vast knowledge of all things?
Did you get someone to help you read factcheck about the pipeline?
Uno wan me mek at creole fuh yu mo betta?
Really man you got to give up on posting so much about things you know nothing about.
It makes you look foolish.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far be it from me to challenge KC on looking foolish. It is a topic on which he has almost unparalleled expertise. From a source he will recognize......

"Belizean Creole English, known as Kriol by its speakers, is an English-based creole language closely related to Miskito Coastal Creole, Limón Coastal Creole, Colón Creole, San Andrés and Providencia Creole, Guyanese Creole, Jamaican Patois, and other English creoles of the Caribbean. Kriol has about 400,000 speakers in Belize (where it is the lingua franca and is spoken by 70% of the population) and in the Belizean diaspora, mostly in the United States.[1]

Kriol was historically spoken by the Kriols, a population of mainly African and British ancestry. However, most Belizean Garifunas, Mestizos, Maya, and other ethnic groups speak Kriol as at least a second language, and it is the only true common language among all groups.
"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belizean_Creole
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too funny. The man who sneered at me that everything I know I learned in seconds from Wikipedia just used Wikipedia to sneer at KC in KC's backyard. Speaking of backyards, you aren't rising to the bait on Richmond fire--how about the one in Venezuela? Whatsa matta, cat got your tongue--or does it just not fit the Republican mantra that with less regulation we will all have jobs--until we die in the fire. Come on oily knickers, the petroleum industry desparately needs your half truths.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! that is a wiki entry I didn't write about Belize when my friends and I wrote most of the others.
Must have been one of those earnest types over at the Kriol Projek.
It is pretty impressive level of chutz pah to correct my spelling in a language I know very well and you have a Tourist brochure.

Speakers of Creole do not spell it in any way at all-they are speaking.
Since Creole in Belize has never been a written language, we in education have been obliged to synthesize one from spoken words. The Kriol new spelling comes entirely from that small group of people in the last couple years, without acceptance by anyone but Mr Gybe.
You are gonna get pueno laughing really hard if you want to trade facts about Belize with me.

They got some other facts wrong.too, so this isnt a serious entry. There are less than 400,00 people in Belize in any case and 70% of them is only about 300,000 speakers max
Very few Maya speak Creole, but they do all learn English at school.
More than 95% of Belizeans speak English or which Creole is a old dialect.
The overblown rhetoric about our native language shows that it was surely written by the Kriol Projek crowd
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time he didn't make it up--but quoted an unreliable source to believe the worst about someone. His Karma score is going down again...
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC......simple question. Do some people, native to Belize, choose to spell one of the languages they use "Kriol"? If so, why do you attempt to dismiss my use of that spelling as incorrect? As an expatriate resident, do you not respect the views of those who are born and bred in Belize? Incidentally, I used Wikipedia deliberately, as the depth of research emanating from that source is comparable to that which you display on so many topics.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGybe,

Your entire knowledge of creole comes from a single silly entry in Wiki.
The depths of your ignorance do not deter you in any discussion here, but in this case you are showing it off to the world in a very obvious way.

Sincerely
The Belizean people.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
MrGybe, Your entire knowledge of creole comes from a single silly entry in Wiki.

........and from the Belize Tourist Board who spell it "Kriol" in all their advertising materials.........but hey, what do they know about Belize? The expats always know better. I have never suggested I know anything about Kriol, apart from one way to spell it. Once again, I've broadened your horizons.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how bout that factcheck entry?
Did someone help you read it?
Fact check was created with guys like Mr Gybe in mind.
The first time he saw it was such a shock to his whole lifetime of invented facts that the page just went blank.
He has never been able to acknowledge how wrong he has been about so many things.
Gybe shares with his hero Bush the singular trait of never being wrong about anything.
Are they the only two guys on earth who believe that about themselves?
My hat is off to your brilliant in depth research on the subject of Creole.
You found out that a dozen or so well intended folks-and you - have your own personal version that Creole speakers like me, my teachers, the kids, and the Prime Minister have never used.
I will tell Irene at the tourist board about this. She loves a good laugh.
No -show us your tourist brochure again. That stuff always gives pueno a laugh too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: