myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
movie night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobras

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I don't think after Iraq and Afgahnistan that we want to tangle with Iran. We don't have the man power or money.

So we have the money to take care of mortgages just because people's investments in a home didn't pan out and piss away trillions in failed stimulus packages at the rate of six to seven figures per temporary job produced, but we can't afford to stand behind an ally and friend we swore to support? With friends like that, what country needs enemies? That, to me, would be the U.S.'s most embarrassing, damaging, disgusting case of "F You, old friend" I can remember. Would you forgive a president who swore throughout his campaign that he would take absolutely ANY steps necessary to keep Hitler, Pol Pot, or Ahmadinejad from getting nuclear weapons, then just whines that it's inconvenient when the chips are down? Do you not realize what harm Iran (thus Al Qaeda) can and will do once they join the Nuclear Club? Do you not realize what deep, permanent damage that does to the nation's honor and credibility throughout the world, or how many nations may then swear allegiance to the world's bad guys after and directly because the good guys, The United States of America, shit on them?

Would you renege on your promise to protect your immediate or extended family or best friends because you'd rather spend the money on unearned handouts to strangers?

I'm not surprised to see the far left agree with that concept, but I can't comprehend any decent U.S. citizen of either political persuasion feeling that way.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'd like to nuke Iran today, but Obama's constituents want their free cell phones and stuff. WE ARE CLOSE TO BROKE. How do we pay for another war and give everybody what they want?

A true conservative will cut govt by 10%, wean the folks off welfare and disability, streamline medicare, limit the epa, make America the best place to invest, and build our military so China and Russia won't talk smack anymore.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Yes, I'd like to nuke Iran today, but Obama's constituents want their free cell phones and stuff. WE ARE CLOSE TO BROKE. How do we pay for another war and give everybody what they want?

A true conservative will cut govt by 10%, wean the folks off welfare and disability, streamline medicare, limit the epa, make America the best place to invest, and build our military so China and Russia won't talk smack anymore.

And what would Mikey say to that?

Oh, wait. He'd say " . . . the other folks . . . "
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/2016-obamas-america-movie-box-office-hit/

Number eight at the box office this weekend, just expanded to over 1000 cinemas . Maybe people are taking a second look at the man we know so little about.
feuser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Maybe people are taking a second look at the man we know so little about.

You mean, the guy who's been in office for three and 1/2 years, has been under scrutiny like no-one else on the planet, has four books out on Amazon and another dozen about him, and has shown his tax returns for the last 12 years?

Yes, we know nothing about about him except that he's a black marxist muslim who was born in Kenya.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the misinformation campaign on the right my favorite gem is the part about the speaker knowing nothing about Obama.

I just Googled Obama and it gives 12 million plus pages, in addition to the material mentioned above.
I guess we dont all agree that we know nothing about Obama.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty strong evidence that Obama received "Aid for Foreign Students" in college, even though he was an American citizen. Many marxist papers and ideology. He just doesn't want us to know the real man.

I'd sure like to know. Maybe I'd vote for him if he showed a love for America and its history.
isobras

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised by the 2016 movie on several levels.

I expected an endless rehash of Obama's endless self-incriminating recent speeches; they would easily fill a movie if presented fairly (i.e., in full context with analysis and documentation). Instead we got primarily his family history including interviews with his extended family and people who knew Obama and his father. The movie was more about his upbringing and how it shaped him and his goals than about his current activities.

I expected documentation, his speeches, and reference citations to back the story up. We got some, but the most damning evidence came from Obama's brother, from Kenyan natives who knew Obama and his father, and from Obama's own books and open-mic accidents.

Because I've watched and read watched broad, vetted, thorough news and analysis coverage of Obama for over five years now, I had a general idea plus many facts about his history back to his childhood. I thought this film would simply fill in and maybe reinforce the facts. Nope. It presumed its audience has been paying attention to the news of the past five years and concentrated instead on why he is dedicated to his very core to radical redefinition of the U.S.'s place in the world, to the extent that it will be unrecognizable very soon, likely even within MY very limited remaining lifetime. THAT pisses me off, because my wife will very likely face, without me, the economic gutting of America so thoroughly ground into his soul.

My wife and I catch all our movies early on weekday afternoons to avoid crowds. Whether it's a romcom, an action flick, a cartoon, a documentary, a summer blockbuster, or a chick flick, typical attendance runs maybe 4-12 people in the whole theater with us. We've been alone some times, and 20 is a huge mob. Today's 1:45 showing kept 300-400 people spellbound and absolutely silent ... until it ended and the applause broke out.

Anyone who does not see this movie in not morally qualified to vote for him. Our children, our nation, and the free world have too much at stake for blind, ideological, uninformed reelection of this man.

BTW, your take on it may be very different on mine, so don't bother commenting on the movie unless you've seen it. That would be as stupid, arrogant, and presumptuous as signing the Obamacare bill without studying it first. AFTER you've seen it, THEN try to justify -- even to yourself -- voting for him. Just TRY.

As for Bard's "Maybe I'd vote for him if he showed a love for America and its history", the movie pretty much settles that issue.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually he is half black, and if he was ever in his office and not endlessly on the campaign trail we may be in a better place now. His leadership skills are non existent. Divide and Blame, that's what he is good at. In one of the roughest patches in our history he Chooses to divide, demonize the rich, demonize corporate America, and dig us deeper into the hole, maybe you have a better theory. His mentors must be proud.
Your scrutiny comment is the most laughable, he has got a free pass from the liberal media , was never vetted , and is completely unqualified.Not to mention zero executive experience, never met a payroll, never saw a balance sheet, but we put him in charge of the biggest budget on earth. And what a complete failure he has proven to be.
You can choose to believe whatever you like, personal I think he has been less than honest about his vision of this countries past and future.

Last edited by mat-ty on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spoken Iso, sadly many folks have no desire to hear any of this. They will stick their heads in the sand and say its all make believe, while obama and company ATTEMPT to in obamas words "fundamentally change America".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: