myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
advice on a mistral energizer..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maarten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: advice on a mistral energizer.. Reply with quote

Hello

I am an experienced windsurfer,i like to go surfing in Squamish B.C..
as i am on a budget,i cannot afford to spend much ,i can buy an mistral energizer 110 ltr,any body has some say if this is the right board for me?
How does it behave in Squamish kind of conditions which i believe is about 15-20 knots of wind a bit choppy....
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one in '95, my bud currently uses one over his Flow103 when winds are light.
Long flat planing surface, great for early planing and speed in flattish waters, which can depend on wind angle, tide depths, and direction.
Handles up to higher 7's, down to mid 5's, good range and topspeeds.
If you can ride a longer, narrower board well, it's no problem keeping up with any recreational freeride board on the market. If you stand there and wait for the wind to blow you up onto a plane, the newer, wider, shorter boards will plane up sooner.
My closest board I have now to the Energizer is a '94 RoqueWave 9'2"er, about 100 liters. It's still competitive with ANY modern freeride board, usually stays with the slalom guys on Isonics, Slabs, GP's, and Manta's if I"m powered up similarly.
paulf.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had one that i sailed with 7.8 4 cam sail back in it;s day, quite fast, early planing, hard to jibe,will beat you to death in short chop. was abt. 90 kg. then
maarten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! ,beat you to death hey Confused ouch
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trick to riding any slalom type board is to be powered up, but not overpowered, to fly the nose of the board over the steepest chops, maintaining a nose up attitude. That goes for all the new wider boards also, you have to be powered up, or the board will seek every bit of chop and bounce the nose up and down.
maarten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: mistral energizer versus Starboard 284 Race Reply with quote

given the choice between an mistral energizer 110ltr or a Starboard 284 Race what would be the preference?
I sail at Squamish and i am an experienced windsurfer,conditions 15-20 knots bit choppy.
Thanks for any advice.
Maarten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: