myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
This one is for JKrug
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donmcd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
There are some things that you know and some that you don't know.
I enjoy some of your windsurfing stuff because you have some experience and are good enough to help beginners.
Lots of us have been windsurfing for 35 years and paying attention for a bit longer.
It is sad to see you mix it up in the political and corporate propaganda stuff. It makes you seem like an angry old kook. You are better than that.
I will try not to throw the baby out with the bath water and continue to think well of you.
Thanks for helping others with windsurfing knowledge.
Don McDermott
jkrug

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1000 years ago you global warming pundits would have sworn on your lives that the earth is flat...and those of us who thought otherwise would be the 'deniers'. it's a group i'm proud to be part of. i hope the rest of you can enjoy some of your lives before you get swallowed up by the heightening sea.

over and out..but jerry, please don't ever put my name in a thread title again...thx. Embarassed
isobras

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkrug wrote:
1000 years ago you global warming pundits would have sworn on your lives that the earth is flat...and those of us who thought otherwise would be the 'deniers'.

And less than 40 years ago -- 40 milliseconds in climatological time -- the "deniers" were the ones rejecting the left's imminent ice age doomsday.

As for Don's "There are some things that you know and some that you don't know.... It is sad to see you mix it up in the political and corporate propaganda stuff. It makes you seem like an angry old kook. You are better than that. I will try not to throw the baby out with the bath water and continue to think well of you" ...
That's your best argument for catastrophic AGW, that any opposing views should just shut up? Sorry, Don, but IMO science trumps emotional overreaction. I'm peculiar that way.

Mike \OO/
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am watching shark week last night with my kids and they are talking about some pre historic whale bones they had unearthed. The scattered whale bones are apparently missing the head bones. So all the researchers agree a giant shark must have bite its head off, there could be no other explanation.
I am thinking to myself man these guys do a lot of speculating. My two sons had some great explanations of their own, maybe a billion ants ate its head, maybe the ice age separated the bones, maybe its head was not made of bone, maybe a t-rex chewed if off out of boredom. I thought my 8 AND 10 year olds explanation where as good as the PHD's
I think we know a lot less about the past than some people would have us believe.
paulf.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i thought to spare jkrug the burden of having to be the mouthpiece of his side of the story so i went right to the wellspring:WND. there i found that the learned scholars who are sure we are not extincting ourselves by spewing hydrocarbon combustion products into our little space bubble here have colleagues in the petrology dept. that say we can do so ad infinitum because
said hydrocarbons are not a limited resource as we've been hoodwinked into thinking:http://www.wnd.com/2008/02/45838/. read and discuss.

Last edited by paulf. on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobras

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked this erudite group of self-professed energy and oil experts many times about abiotic oil. Because it destroys their arguments, they ignore the idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: