myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing lessons for the family?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drgregg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing lessons for the family? Reply with quote

I'm heading to the Jersey shore for a week, hopefully the wind comes up. Does anyone know where I might be able to get my wife and kids into some beginner windsurfing classes along with beginner rental gear?

We'll be stying with Friends in the Sandyhook area for afew days then traveling a little south to Toms River area for a week.

Thanks
motogon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best place would be ExtremeWindsurfing at Lakes Bay. Call to Jim or reserve lesson online.
Windaholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google "H2 Windsurfing". Right in Point Pleasent NJ. VERY close to Toms River.
B737

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another vote for H2 Windsurfing for gear rentals or lessons. I set the nieces nephews up with them for beginner lessons just a few weeks ago. They had a blast and were up sailing in no time. H2 has everything available all the way up to new performance stuff. They are mobile so they will come to you with all their gear regardless of where you are. In my case they met us further south near Lavallette.

they also had Kayaks, Stand up paddle boards too in case u get skunked or have non-sailors with you.

good luck, tell ken i said hi

Fanatic Freewave 95l 240cm
smann

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may want to check here....
http://www.windsurfnj.org/

( never heard of H2, glad to hear of another wind-dealer out there!!)

hope to see you down here in the Hook!

-=s
KELH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: H2 Windsurfing Servicing Ocean/Monmouth Counties NJ Reply with quote

H2 Windsurfing has been giving lessons and renting gear in the Sandy Hook, Shark River, Lavallette, and Seaside areas this summer. Prices are reasonable and you will receive expert service. Check out our web site H2Windsurfing.net or call 732-642-2834.
bdestef1204

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Learn to windsurf Reply with quote

Come to Lakes Bay this Saturday for an inexpensive intro to windsurfing (and SUP)

http://www.windsurfnj.org/learn/learn.htm
drgregg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Lessons successful Thanks for all reply's.... Reply with quote

I did give H2 Windsurfing a shot, after talking with the owner Ken Hoff, he and his wife Eileen seemed to be very passionate about expanding the sport, and they were available for lessons for my wife and kids so I didn’t really look further. I was very impressed with their patience and teaching style. They are both school teachers by trade so they have a knack for getting across their methods and the kids related very well to each of them. I liked that there was both a male and female instructor for my son and daughter, it worked out very well. The gear they provided for the lesson was top notch, they seemed to have a really good system that they put in place, and no time was wasted with rigging as the lesson sails are already rigged in their enclosed trailer, added to the fun and enjoyment of the 2 days we spent with them!!! If you’re looking to get friends or family involved in a sport that can provide a lifetime of enjoyment, like it has for me, save yourself the frustrations of teaching them yourself and give Ken a call!! Well worth the time and minimal amount of money. Kids haven’t stopped talking about it for the past 2 weeks. Wife still likes the beach though.
Thanks Ken and Eileen!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: