myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Need Help...........Newbie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig has it right, and I would say that you should never buy a second board until you master the first. Again there are exceptions, but even for a second board, the Bic will be a challenge, but that depends on how well you master your first board (planing in the straps with a harness in 15-20 knots of wind with 50-75% of gybes made - 100% of tacks).

The price for the Bic is OK, but not great. A second board of about 120-130 liters would be much better for you. 10 liters DOES make a difference, especially when you are on the float/sink line which the 112 liter board is very close. For me at 175 lbs and 28 years of windsurfing, 105 liters is comfortable to uphaul, but in choppy conditions (if not enough wind to water start), it can still be a bit of a challenge to uphaul.

You need about 175 liters and a dagger board to start.
SeaDawg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Richmond,Va for 10 yrs and made lots of trips out to the Rivah. Lots of 5-15 or less days.

After 35 yrs windsurfing, I got back into longboarding. I have a kona onel, starboard serenity and recently bought anequipe II.

For what I've read the kona one would serve you very well. There are so many cheap short boards available, that spending money on a good long board will cover alot of your needs.

Take a trip down to the obx and vist the shops that have boards on consignment. A good 5.0 and a 6.5 will cover a huge wind range. Fine tune as time money and experience lets you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: