myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
And so it begins....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobbdogg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, looks that way...
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please permit me to rephrase an earlier post by changing out the word homey to long time local. I hope that that calms everyone down.

I know it's a little goofy, but my in my hand written log Wednesday was noted as potentially the best surf day of the season. I can't figure out if its amnesia or Alzheimer’s, but that day is a total blank when looking back on Thursday. Having an eff'd up upper back on OK Friday didn't do any good in the chi department. 5 in a row - A A A+ A++ B

OK back to sailing
Sea-Squirt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outcast, 3 and a little north, along with 3 and a bit south. Near low to low tide only. Coast guard looks better, but I've had all the waves to myself! Wife is still touchy about big grey fish, however I think I maybe able to get out a bit more now as long as no one else gets snacked on. Keep me on the call list for any road trips, would love to get on some hard breaks, sand is only so good.
DriverA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purple one has returned after a very windy summer in Hatteras and he brings us wind. Looks like we'll be hitting the Cape in the early am. Can't wait to see how his flakas have progressed after an abbynormal number of hours on the water in the last 2 months Very Happy
DriverA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Spoke too soon. May try again Friday afternoon.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoke wrote:
Another homosexual?

Brucie, Brucie, Brucie....... tsk, tsk.

Why do you embarrass yourself like that?
amarie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know no one is even talking about Isaac anymore, but I'm excited, so I'm still posting. The real waves are supposed to hit Corpus Christi this afternoon. It's shaping up to be a refreshing change from the storm surf of the most recent few seasons, where it's been bigger but much rougher/choppier because the storms have hit closer. The prediction is now just for about 5-foot waves with a 12-second period. The wind has clocked to about 10 mph straight offshore, which I think will give us the best possible conditions by this afternoon. So paddling should be pretty mellow and it should be a smooth ride.

No wind or otherwise I'd be wave sailing instead. But we did get in an excellent wave sailing sesh on Friday. Not storm related, just a nice smooth chest-high setup that we haven't had much this summer. And dolphins surfing the outside break with us, which is always a treat.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking at Isaac because that's what I do. I dream of 5ft @ 12 seconds with 5 mph off-shore wind. Hope you get it! Pictures please!
amarie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone gets too jealous, keep in mind I have not surfed in the big deal places. Just dabbled on the east coast a little and I surf sporadically in Texas. Normally it's windy enough here that I don't get in without a sail that often. But today was the best surfing day I've ever had. Isaac was even good enough to make this an after-work sesh, with the swell hitting in early evening and improving from there. We had a 5-7 mph offshore wind all day that smoothed things out nicely. None of the usual pounding we get. Paddling out was a breeze. Average wave was probably chest high, but if my pics work you can see that it depended which bar you were on. Some higher, some lower than that. The sets were clearly defined and well spaced. The reading said 12 seconds, but who was counting, we were having too much fun. It's amazing how much you learn and improve when you're surfing constantly rather than fighting the conditions. I was worried that the surf would be really crowded, because the hype had been building a while and there was even talk of people driving in from around the state. But I think the Tuesday evening timing, combined with many news broadcasts about rip currents and drowning, kept some people away. (The current was not bad for us at all actually). The other cool thing that happened was that I started on my shortboard, but halfway through my leash broke. I couldn't get the knots out to swap leashes so I took out my longboard, which was a freebie board I usually use only when the surf is too small to be caught on anything else. But this board performed like a champ in the bigger stuff and was not at all hard to paddle. I'm definitely taking it out more now. My horizons are expanded.

I know we got lucky just getting the fun effects of Isaac, because Louisiana is taking a beating as I type this.

surf1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.87 KB
 Viewed:  9647 Time(s)

surf1.JPG

amarie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another pic from today

surf2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.28 KB
 Viewed:  9646 Time(s)

surf2.JPG

surf2.JPG
 Description:

surf2.JPG

surf2.JPG
 Description:

surf2.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: