myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hatch rescue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlightlySalty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is the BFF (back foot first) thing...It's just better and more efficient to do FFF (Front foot first). All the best guys do it this way.... Laughing
daviddk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can`t resist. Two grammatical errors in one sentence from Iso.

" There, one doesn't toot their own horn; he either play the 1812 Overture at full volume or loses the job to the guy who did ... as long as he provides support for his claims. "

play is missing an s
one is singular, their (referring to one) is plural. Should be one's.
scottwerden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, posting about BFF is like waving a red cape in front of a bull. That and mentioning WarDog, iso's old buddy from rec.windsurfing.
isobras

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daviddk wrote:
Sorry, I can`t resist. Two grammatical errors in one sentence from Iso.

Twas'nt eye hoo sed my grammer oar punctuwashun were purfect, and shur as hell my hunt and pick tieping is'nt. Aftur all, my tyeping techneeq has n't changed sins eye begun tepeing my arithmatic homewurk in 1950. And ennybudy who thynks im gonna proofreed ever post after changeing sum wordz is kiddink hisself.

Now, exactly who is it that diverts so many threads to moi?
isobras

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jota wrote:
This is an example of why posters get irritated at isobars:
"IMO, your Googling right or left wing websites for an hour or two doesn't quite trump my several years @ 10 hours most calm or winter days rotating among half a dozen news and business and political analysis channels and sources in one ear and/or -- often both -- several newspapers and business magazines and an internet full of government and neutral media and factcheck sites in my face. My smart wife does the same, and we discuss it often."

You can cut and paste this into any discussion - and automatically "win." You don't even need to respond to the issue at hand, just as you didn't then when you were caught short on the facts - just state that you know everything because you and your smart wife spend all your time on the internets. Nobody else is entitled to disagree.

Enough with the misleading editing. How about showing the conversation in context, showing that my quote was a direct reply to your following comments:
jota wrote:
it looks like maybe you get your news from Chuck Norris' column in RightWing News … And of course lots of unsupported allegations from Gingrich, Santorum and Romney. It defies logic to think that Obama would commit political suicide by advocating for higher prices - and I still can't find a smoking gun to that effect … where are the goals "stated" publicly?

This, when that smoking gun had been all over the news that week, in text, full speeches, and congressional inquiries. You also omitted my closing comment about elaboration not being appropriate because this was not in the political forums, as others had already reminded us.

People can and obviously do disagree all the time; I couldn’t stop them if I wanted to or tried; I leave that up to the folks from CA, MA, and FL who so often substitute some version of “STFU” for rational argument. I have every bit as much right to present my opinions and facts as they do, yet I take heat for doing so, as though nobody realizes that it takes at least two sides to debate anything. I often ignore the trivial stuff, but a topic such as wearing a 3 mm suit in icy water is not trivial. Neither is someone telling everyone that his WSing techniques are uniquely valid, that alternatives many others swear by and well-known instructors often use are BS and must never be discussed. I leave that “my way or the highway“ crap to people with rule books and ”How To Windsurf in Three Days” books -- and in some cases, “Mein Kampf" or the Quran -- taped to their booms.
jota

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude - you said it was common knowledge but I couldn't find it (except that you quoted Chuck Norris almost verbatim), so I asked you for the sources . . . and instead you simply referred to how much more time you spend on the internet, so you must be right, so there. Obviously you were busted on the Chuck Norris source.

And now you're again saying it was all over the news that week. When it wasn't.

Whatever.

BTW I'm BFF. How about that wind today?
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys, it's easy.
FFF for normal powered sailing, used most of the time.
BFF for grossly overpowered sailng, when you should have changed down 1.5 meters a while ago, and now you just want to get up wihtout getting launched.
Use common sense, a word that escapes some of you.
DO NOT use BFF every single time regardless of wind speed.
Now lets talk about something well all agree on! Very Happy
WHICH FOOT ON THE BOARD FIRST TO WATERSTART ??
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use my right foot, because my left knee was rebuilt many
years ago, and it's not quite as good as original equipment. ;*)

-Craig

zirtaeb wrote:
Now lets talk about something well all agree on! Very Happy
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
C'mon guys, it's easy <snip>
Use common sense, <snip>??

Ah-ha! This is what strikes at the very heart of the problem, There's less and less common sense especially sailing at the Hatch. Expect the most foolish, stupid sailing this time of year from people there and you will NOT be disappointed.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:

front foot obviously, its way more exciting that way Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: