myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Makani Fins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, since the fin I was considering was sold in the Classified Ads and had an excellent price, I did think seriously about buying it. However, the facts that I thought the Tangent Reaper would give me more of what I wanted and that the Hydrotech Weeder which I already owned seemed good enough kept me from buying. I still have my A'uku which I haven't been able to use so my experience with Makani product is still nill. Let me add, though, that for the recreational sailor, a modern weeder with an upright rake would be the best choice over all other styles. Your board will stick to the water better, you will plane up faster, and most importantly you will be able to sail upwind better than with any other fin. I enjoy my course racing fin only when fully powered in steady winds. The Hahalua looks like a lot of fun.
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I wonder if I'm the one who sold the fin in question?

If so, I completely stand by the fins. And yes, I really don't have a Tuttle box board anymore and that is why I sold my Tuttle box Makani fins. However I do have....

Makani Naia 21 Freewstyle weed fin Powerbox
Makani Ono 30 Freeride Powerbox
Makani Kaku 22, 24, 26 Powerbox
Makani Kaku 20, 22 A Box

And unfortunately now I need to look for a new Makani weed fin in Powerbox for next Spring in SPI Texas.....

The only other fins I have any more are MFC Freestyle fins (which I bought before using Makani fins). So it's pretty fair to say I'm impressed by Makani fins.

If you don't believe me, ask maybe Wyatt Miller, Tyson Poor, Rob Warwick, Phlip Soltsiak, Casey Hauser, or Ingrid Larouche (just to name some of the pro riders) who all ride Makani Fins......
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
Now why isn't pueno here to correct the spelling? Perhaps he doesn't see the error...

Awww, Brucie, you have so little faith.

Anyway, I correct your (many) errors only because you claim educational pedigrees and intellectual acumen while you demonstrate the opposite.

Plus, it's fun. Wink
wdsurf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: manaki fins Reply with quote

bought a set of walu quads 17x8,s for my goya 104 quad .got them the other day got to use them with 5.7 onshore very nice Very Happy ,17,s dropped right in the short u.s. boxes. Very Happy the 8 mini tuttles took 2 hours of sanding Evil or Very Mad to fit them in the boxes Question other than that great pland shape look bomber Exclamation can,t wait to try them again Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: