myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Well it finally happened!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soak the meat in milk for 6 hours before grilling....neutralizes the urea taste....then spice the hell out of it.

I'm with Dan....No real issues for me....just the price of admission, but the kids love the ocean too, and they are very comfortable outside the shorebreak now....still much more risky just driving to the beach.

shreddbob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try not to get too worried for myself as well...but what about teaching beginners at West Dennis? Seals have been seen in there so just wondering.

Too many seals. Somebody needs to open a seal destination resort way out in the ocean Wink
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS MAY HELP

two_atl.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.02 KB
 Viewed:  11143 Time(s)

two_atl.gif

justall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desire overcame worry today when the Cape winds ticked briefly above 15 this evening. So, had a "sail" in Truro (bay side). Almost entirely a slog, but a few precious gusts. Anyone else go out today? I did find myself scanning the waters for fins. Maybe buy and strap a diveknife to the mast for an emergency?

Looks like some wind Friday and/ or Sunday on the Cape?
FunHog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brothers and sisters up there on the Cape might want to check this product out. I understand that only authorized wildlife or beach officials are allowed to deploy but if it protects the surf users community why not start a dialog.

http://www.repelsharks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=43

Lunch is not an option !!!

mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just throw some of my wifes meatloaf out there, its been keeping me away for years!!!!!
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to beat the shark thin to death, but this was kind of cool:
From the CC Times today

"At about 6 a.m. Sunday, Wellfleet Patrolman Jerre Austin, who was working an overnight shift, noticed seals hugging the shore. He owns a charter boat and has fished for 40 years, so he said he's seen "plenty" of great white sharks. He thought a shark might be in the waters.

"I sat there for a while, and sure enough, one came up behind a pod of seals," Austin said Tuesday. "It was high tide. He was no more than 5 feet off the beach. I've never see them quite that close."

Austin reported the shark to be about 12 feet in length, Wellfleet Police Chief Ron Fisette said Tuesday.

At about 6:15 a.m. Saturday, two people reported seeing a shark off White Crest Beach, but police didn't find anything when they checked, Fisette said. There was another unconfirmed sighting of a fin Monday at White Crest, Fisette said.

Now the thing is, all the powers that be say don't swim with the seals....But you pretty much surf with one or two (within 20 yards) every session....They just stare at you all dumb labrador-like. I think the rule should be "Don't swim if you don't see seals", or if they are on the beach! They are my underwater eyes Smile

If you don't believe the fish could be 5 feet off the beach at Wellfleet, you need to understand how big a tide we have....that water's easily 6 feet deep at high tide

It's been kind of interesting to see the lineup contract after the guy got his leg chewed....not alot of people on the outside peaks any more Smile

WaterKook

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it went around P-town.

Another shark sighting in Cape Cod Bay is likely that of a great white, a local shark expert said.

Possible great white spotted in Cape Cod Bay
A local shark expert says a shark spotted in Cape Cod Bay the other day likely that of a great white.

Jeffrey Richardson, of Sandwich, said he was looking for tuna the other day on the harpoon boat Cynthia C when the crew saw a shark. Richardson, who took pictures and video, estimated the shark to be 12 feet long and about 1,000-1,200 pounds.

The crew was about three miles from Barnstable when they saw it.

Shark expert Greg Skomal said he wants to see some additional video but is pretty sure the shark is indeed a great white.

“We are pretty confident that it is a great white shark,” Skomal said. “We do not have many sightings from Cape Cod Bay.”

Skomal said it’s not unusual for great whites to be seen inside the bay.

“We have historical sightings within the Bay, but certainly the first in a few years,” he said.

Experts confirmed another great white sighting earlier this month off Ballston Beach in Truro when a Chicago man was attacked. Chris Myers and his teenage son were swimming toward a sandbar about 500 yards off the beach when Chris was bitten.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/boston-south/Another-shark-spotted-in-Cape-Cod-Bay-likely-great-white/-/9848842/16135482/-/7t984u/-/index.html#ixzz23dhJC1jc

outcast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish i could swim like that.

Hey JE Watching Bermuda? TD8 i think.....that's like a Mon/Tuesday pump

WaterKook

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The birth of "Gordon". Forecast to become a hurricane but he might be out to far in the Atlantic to give us swell? Sad
Or he might give us waves for a week? Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: