myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Voter suppression, race-baiting and the GOP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
Mr. Turdy wrote:
Yeah, shit-howdy!!!

Tell me this would be the same thing if Martin was white, tell me.

Mr. Shit-Howdy.... Red or green, black or white, here's a painful little fact.

If Zimmerman had not carried a gun, nobody would have been killed.

You don't know that.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--you didn't even bother to read the New Yorker article on voter rights, changed the subject with an offensive post--and then you play the victim. How red is your neck?
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW--you didn't even bother to read the New Yorker article on voter rights, changed the subject with an offensive post--and then you play the victim. How red is your neck?

What?!? Yeah, I'm the victim, that's a stretch, but not surprising, considering the source.
The real victim is our society who can't seem to get past the color of someone's skin. And our MSM is in large part responsible for it with shit like this, which they should pay for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zimmerman lawyer to move ‘asap’ against NBC News
By Erik Wemple, Published: July 14 at 12:15 pm

Last night’s not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial will enable the neighborhood-watch volunteer to resume his case against NBC News for the mis-editing of his widely distributed call to police. Back in December, Zimmerman sued NBC Universal Media for defamation over the botched editing, which depicted him as a hardened racial profiler.

Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

NBC Universal Media responded to the Zimmerman complaint by noting that other media outlets played up the racial angle of Zimmerman’s deadly encounter with Trayvon Martin.

The company also noted the pivotal nature of the second-degree murder case:
“[I]f Zimmerman is convicted, that fact alone will constitute substantial evidence that the destruction of his reputation is the result of his own criminal conduct, and not of the broadcasts at issue which, like countless other news reports disseminated by media entities throughout the country, reported on the underlying events.”

That formulation is now null.

According to Zimmerman attorney James Beasley, the case against NBC News was stayed pending the outcome of the criminal case. Now that’s out of the way, and Beasley is ready to proceed. “We’re going to start in earnest asap, we just have to get the stay lifted which is a ministerial act,” says Beasley, a Philadelphia lawyer, via e-mail.

When asked how the not-guilty verdict affects the civil case against NBC News, Beasley responded, “This verdict of not guilty is just that, and shows that at least this jury didn’t believe that George was a racist, profiling, or anything that the press accused George of being. That probably doesn’t get you that much but it’s simply time for us to start the case and hold accountable anyone who was irresponsible in their journalism.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/07/14/zimmerman-lawyer-to-move-asap-against-nbc-news/
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Turdy wrote:

You don't know that.

We do know that the one death occurred because of a gun.

No gun would have meant no shooting death.

What, you think Zimmerman might have been scared to death otherwise?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW simplifies a complicated legal case, having mostly to due with the absurdity of Florida's stand your ground, with this summary:

Quote:
That type of attitude is what keeps racism alive, ala Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Rev. Wright, and Louis Farrakhan.

and then is offended that we are underwhelmed by his sense of fairness and analytical insight.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW simplifies a complicated legal case, having mostly to due with the absurdity of Florida's stand your ground, with this summary:

Quote:
That type of attitude is what keeps racism alive, ala Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Rev. Wright, and Louis Farrakhan.

and then is offended that we are underwhelmed by his sense of fairness and analytical insight.

It is that simple, the left is having a temper tantrum because they didn't get their way, based purely on race, it really is that simple.
I will reask my request to you:
"Any further action by the DOJ would be based on racism as well. Tell me this would be the same thing if Martin was white, tell me."
feuser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:

Quote:

It is that simple, the left is having a temper tantrum because they didn't get their way, based purely on race, it really is that simple.
"Any further action by the DOJ would be based on racism as well. Tell me this would be the same thing if Martin was white, tell me."

I think everyone who believes in the law should have had their temper-tantrum when Zimmerman first walked away form killing an unarmed person without having been charged or detained.

You would be surprised how many on the left disagree with the notion of charging him based on prejudice and his presumed motives instead of facts.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
feuser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:

Quote:

I think everyone who believes in the law should have had their temper-tantrum when Zimmerman first walked away form killing an unarmed person without having been charged or detained.

You would be surprised how many on the left disagree with the notion of charging him based on prejudice and his presumed motives instead of facts.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:

And specifically, an unarmed, 17-y/o non-adult. In other words, a child.

But a child wearing a hoodie.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long, intense FBI investigation of Zimmerman, his personality, his history, his actions, the events before and on that night, dozens of witnesses, and many other factors concluded with certainty that neither Z nor this event exhibited any racism.

The real racism here is in the DOJ (we'll find some way to punish this guy for killing a black), the White House (If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon), and the far left's total obsession with skin color (EVERYthing is racial).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 33 of 41

Jump to: