myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mitt Romney and free stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Our friend from Belize was attempting to characterize as stupid anyone who has the temerity to question the President's ability."

For weeks now Mr Gybe has limited the habit of supplying us with opinions and calling us imbeciles etc.
Now he has resumed providing us all with new opinions we never thought of on our own.
I would like to thank him for giving us that little vacation in which reasonable debate could proceed.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Now he [mrgybe] has resumed providing us all with new opinions we never thought of on our own.

keycocker wrote:
He [neighbor] is looking for variations on guys calling Obama an imbecile moron etc. Who cantt spel gud or use good grammar. The article is title Barack Obama - Harvard Professor.

My apologies, it must have been your neighbor who thought that BHO critics were stupid.....not you. At least we can all agree that BHO was not a professor at Harvard. BTW, if you would like me to teach you how to use the "quote" function, I'd be happy to help.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

My apologies, it must have been your neighbor who thought that BHO critics were stupid.....not you. At least we can all agree that BHO was not a professor at Harvard....

Mr. G, you are 100% correct.

We can all agree that Mr. Obama was NOT a professor at Harvard.

Mr. Obama was a professor at the University of Chicago Law School.

All I can say is..... Congratulations. You must have performed some actual research.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole opinion that all those who criticize a public figure are stupid was an idea thought up by Mr Gybe.
He is trying to find someone to assign his new opinion.
"it must have been your neighbor who thought that BHO critics were stupid..."
It was my neighbor who was looking for guys with limited education who were calling a public figure stupid or a moron.
It can be funny when fools do that and he is working that angle as a writer.
He is from Argentina and doesn't have any particular opinion about those who criticize Obama except for the ignorant ones he needed for his story.
He has very strong opinions about Argentinean politicos, but not American ones.
You see, like almost all media guys he focuses on making money by writing and has an open mind. Like Limbaugh, he will write in a way that argues either side of a case because his writings, like Limbaugh, are not news.
He and Limbaugh and O'Reilly and Hannity sell paid opinions. He writes whatever he has been hired to write.
LHDR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Republican candidate Mitt Romney is in awe of Israel's health care system. Perhaps, we should simply copy it over here?

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/31/if-it-works-in-israel/?hp

... [Mitt Romney] also praised Israel’s health care system. “Do you realize what health care spending is as a percentage of the GDP in Israel?” he asked. “Eight percent. You spend eight percent of GDP on health care. You’re a pretty healthy nation. We spend 18 percent of our GDP on health care, 10 percentage points more…. We have to find ways — not just to provide health care to more people, but to find ways to fund and manage our health care costs.” [..]
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LDHR,

If the US population was only 7.5 million (Israel) rather than 313.2 million (42 times larger than Israel), plus we had few if any obese people, it's likely that our health care costs would be less than Israel's. I wonder how many immigrants (legal or illegal) get into Israel these days?

There is no issue here even though liberals will try desperately to find something to discredit Romney.

Keep trying, this one won't fly.
pointster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
LDHR,

If the US population was only 7.5 million (Israel) rather than 313.2 million (42 times larger than Israel), plus we had few if any obese people, it's likely that our health care costs would be less than Israel's. I wonder how many immigrants (legal or illegal) get into Israel these days?

There is no issue here even though liberals will try desperately to find something to discredit Romney.

So what you're saying is that Romney made an invalid comparison?

It seems that he is either ignorant because he made an invalid comparison, or he is ignorant because he doesn't know how Israel acheived their results. Or perhaps he is just counting on voters being ignorant.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
LDHR,

Techno, if you're comparing dollars, then your assertion is accurate and meaningful.

But the comparison is made as a percentage of each nation's GDP -- so it's a fair comparison.

This same error (intentional, I'm sure) is constantly made when conservatives defend the tax DOLLARS paid by the 1% rather than the tax RATE paid by the 1%.

The only ones fooled are the fool conservatives.

Were you fooled?
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno,

While I didn't repeat % of GDP, that is what I assumed you could figure out, and my statement remains unchanged. If this country had only 7.5 million and all were relatively fit and healthy (all required to go into military service), our health care costs would likely be less than 8% of GDP.

poinster said:
Quote:
It seems that he is either ignorant because he made an invalid comparison, or he is ignorant because he doesn't know how Israel achieved their results. Or perhaps he is just counting on voters being ignorant.

Romney praised their program rightly because it works for them (they are a healthy nation), so what's the issue?
Quote:
You spend eight percent of GDP on health care. You’re a pretty healthy nation.
And then he said that the US needs to find ways to reduce our costs. Where is the "invalid comparison" or his "ignorance"? You guys try to make something out of nothing. Good luck, it isn't going to work.
isobras

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
Or perhaps he is just counting on voters being ignorant.

If that's Romney's game, he may as well make that concessionary phone call right now and save the hundred million bucks, as he's up against the all-time, permanent, untouchable world champion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: