myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Big Oil and citizenship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--for over 200 years President's have appointed idiots that have made contributions to their campaigns to honorifics where they can do no harm. Certainly you don't want me to make a list of those idiots that Bush appointed--or the ones--like Brownie--that ended up doing great harm.

Now tell me, first, how much harm you think any appointee to Norway can do in the way of harm? Second, tell me how whatever source you used to repost this just discovered this tradition upon the election of the first black president--and how there is no discrimination involved.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, you mean like Roland Arnall, Chair of Ameriquest Mortgage (ginormous subprime bucketshop), and ambassador to the Netherlands (2005-2008)?
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More is required. Techno has conflated the political patronage system, which is expressly provided for in our form of government, with unethical behavior--his words. In doing so, he has singled out Obama for a different standard of behavior than all previous presidents, and ignored the structure of political patronage established in the Constitution. This, after defending the Governor of North Carolina, for a clear conflict of interest--participating in a governmental decision in which he had a personal financial interest.

I don't know what is scarier--people holding views that so confound actual deductive thinking--or teaching them to children. I am appalled.

Now to play the game. Let's take Ronnie's ambassador to Australia:

Quote:
"We have to resign ourselves to working under the car salesman from San Diego." Indeed, Robert Dean Nesen, an old friend of Ronald Reagan's, is our current ambassador to Australia. A confidential State Department assessment of Nesen prepared for his confirmation hearings and obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, reads: "Nesen, 63, of Thousand Oaks, California, is currently chairman, R. D. Nesen Oldsmobile-Cadillac, Inc….His entire background has been in the automobile and aviation business…his reputation for honesty and as a superb salesman should be useful in his personal dealings with the senior members of the Australian government. Nesen is the prototype of the non-professional envoy…" Quite so.

Ronnie, of course, did something much worse than Obama is accused of. He worked to destroy professionalism in the Foreign Service, not merely use the patronage system to have those he trusted (or owed) at the top. See my source:

http://aliciapatterson.org/stories/ronald-reagans-foreign-service
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
Now tell me, first, how much harm you think any appointee to Norway can do in the way of harm? Second, tell me how whatever source you used to repost this just discovered this tradition upon the election of the first black president--and how there is no discrimination involved.

Play the race card, that's the answer for everything.

GEEEEZE, mac makes a statement, I post a supporting example, the left goes nuts.

It would be nice to think that political donations don't buy privilege, regardless of party affiliation. OK, it doesn't work that way, so what else is new?

So "can't do any harm" is the qualification for an ambassadorship? Good to know.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The billionaires are at it again. This is from a campaign letter I received..

WHY ARE ALL THE BILLIONAIRES SO QUICK TO BRING IN SO MANY ALIENS?

The pro-amnesty elites are feeling glum about the lack of progress of their so-called "comprehensive immigration reform." It's just not moving fast enough for them.

I can understand their frustration. The massive amounts of money that they've spent hasn't produced the legalization of 11+ million people and massive increases in work permits for foreign workers...

So, the pro-amnesty elites do what they do best. Spend more money to buy votes.

George Soros' Open Society Policy Center tripled its lobbying spending in 2013 - to $11,000,000 (is that one dollar for every illegal alien?) from $3.25m the year prior. This was more than Dow Chemical, Chevron or Microsoft spent! According to a recent article in The Washington Post:

"The majority of last year’s spending increase was due to the group’s support for comprehensive immigration reform, and its largest grantee was the Alliance for Citizenship... [which]...organized hundreds of events across the country...hoping that its town halls, prayer vigils and sit-ins would propel action on immigration. While momentum has stalled, the organization is still at it, marching and meeting with members of Congress and their staffs."

And Soros' $11 million is just a drop in the bucket, considering his groups have spent $100 million since 1997 on these efforts.

Meanwhile, Mark Zuckerberg has already spent millions on getting amnesty passed during his self-serving crusade for more cheap Facebook engineers. In his frustration, one of Zuckerberg's subgroups strangely named The Council for American Job Growth (job growth for whom?) just launched a $500,000 TV advertising campaign scolding Republicans for "doing nothing" on immigration reform.

CAPS is ready to counter-act this noise with new advertising campaigns that will tell viewers what the vast majority of American people, people just like you, actually want.

A good quality of life for all, including a healthy environment, plenty of jobs, a decent commute time, adequate resources for our schools...so many things to list that aren't helped by more people.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, I know you don't want to hear this, but under all of mac's pointed judgments of you, he does have a point. You are always quick to condemn President Obama and his administration, but ironically, you don't treat the Republicans and conservatives the same way. Why is that?

Go back and look at my comment about McCain. Did you actually pause and question his commentary? I don't think so. Even after others here have highlighted other presidents that made questionable appointments, it didn't even begin to dent your position.

Bard, if you're going to quote articles from others, the least you can do is reference your source. You should have learned that in school a long time ago, but we need to keep reminding you. Why is that? You claim to be drug-free, but one has to wonder.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...what a riot...Zuckerberg wants "cheap" engineers? wrong. He wants qualified engineers, but guess what? The US graduates 60,000 a year, India 700,000...so Silicon Valley is in NEED of employees. Its a big problem. Its more of a right wing hit piece on immigration than anything else.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
You are always quick to condemn President Obama and his administration, but ironically, you don't treat the Republicans and conservatives the same way. Why is that?

Mac makes a statement, and I respond with a CURRENT supporting news story about Obama and his buddies. What's so bias about that? What do you expect from a conservative? Should I have done an hour of research about all past appointments and presented a non bias investigation? Give me a break, how many of the lefties here do that with their issues?

Yes, I am quick to condemn Obama because condemnation fits all to often.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

WHY ARE ALL THE BILLIONAIRES SO QUICK TO BRING IN SO MANY ALIENS?

Because hiring skilled tech workers for 1/2 the cost of equally educated American workers help them make more billions.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Techno, you do so edit what you think you meant:

Quote:
Mac makes a statement, and I respond with a CURRENT supporting news story about Obama and his buddies. What's so bias about that?

I'm not leaving you off this hook. You described political patronage, a system hundreds of years old, as unethical in the hands of Obama. It is you that is applying a different standard to the black guy, denying its racism, and giving all "conservatives" a pass on what is, in fact unethical behavior--unless they are convicted of a crime. It's called a double standard, or hypocrisy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 30 of 81

Jump to: